Has the Firing Squad Begun??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sherman fires Schottenheimer

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 0307.shtml

Also, this article gave me some hope about Jimmy Bates.
Sorry, you have to register and its a pain so I jus copied the article here.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 677472.htm
BATES' SITUATION

The Cleveland Browns have yet to announce the hiring of a head coach, but New England assistant Romeo Crennel apparently is the choice, leaving former Dolphins defensive coordinator Jim Bates seeking a job as a defensive coordinator.

Bates, who interviewed for the Browns' top position, already has been mentioned as the leading candidate to become defensive coordinator in Green Bay if Bob Slowik is fired later this week.

It is no secret Saban wants to hire Linehan, but he might have to outmaneuver the Jaguars to do so. Jacksonville on Tuesday hired Dave Campo as its secondary coach, a week after he interviewed with the Dolphins for a defensive assistant job.

The Dolphins also have interviewed Browns linebackers coach George Edwards.

As the coaching merry-go-round spins, Linehan's departure from Minnesota could present an opportunity for former Dolphins assistant Marc Trestman.

Trestman, who was fired by Saban last week although no announcement of the firing has been made, was a candidate for the Minnesota offensive coordinator's job before Linehan was named to the position.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I know the d-backs sucked but you can't blame the coach for poor tackling and for having to put bad players out there. What about Slowik?!?!?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so glad they got rid of that Schottenheimer disease... geez!
The apple doesn't fall all that far from the tree on this one, guys!
Let him go work for his Dad as they watch the brass ring fly by....

The gears just keep on grindin' - wonder what Vikes thinks about the choice for OC?

Anybody volunteering to help Slowik pack? [ LM? - You in? I'll get my truck...]

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a few summers ago, i helped out with some moving companies. i loaded and unloaded a lot of furniture. my skills are free of charge to slowik and bates.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee as long as the ax is sharp...Keep on swinging!!!! To find Schottenheimer the only Cancer in a totally worthless defense would be Criminal!!! The next head hitting the basket... better be Slow Wits!!!!!

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, if Mike Sherman removes Slowik as defensive coordinator, he might retain him as defensive backs coach
This would be just what the packers don't need!!!! I can see them giving him the defensive backs job and still paying him for his contract as a defensive coordinator. Its bad enough Sherman didn't get a pay cut with his demotion!!!!!

goat317

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Lionel Washington is Promoted...

If Lionel Washington is promoted...does that mean we have to take McKensie back?

I hope he burns in hell and those dreadlocks make him feel even hotter.

Personally, I'm on the Bates bandwagon. Chugga Chugga, woo woo.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an update on Sherman's tactics to this point

As stated on PackersNews.com this morning....

Packers stand pat on coaching staff

I think it's time we started pushing the rest of the Cheeseheads out there t0 write into Ted Thompson with our views --- it worked to get the GM position freed up - the attempt couldn't hurt on this issue, either....

I'll be posting on several other web sites, as welll to garner opinion and support.... Let's start the ball rolling guys...!

Remember this photo?
Go towards the bottom of the page, you'll see it!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read that article last night..it doesn't say they're finished with their decisions. all it really says is they didn't announce anything before the weekend. they haven't even announced kurt's pink slip, so i wouldnt start mobilizing the mob just yet.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
On PackersNews.com I read something that they not have announced Kurts firing yet because they might be firing more. Something to that effect.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
On PackersNews.com I read something that they not have announced Kurts firing yet because they might be firing more. Something to that effect.

I hope Slowik gets a blindfold and cigarette. I just can't see the defense improving at all with him in charge. I hope they don't give Tobin the DC job though. Tobin has done well at times as a DC and he knows his stuff, but as the years have gone by I get the impression that he doesn't inspire his players very much with his low key approach.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts