Has Eddie Lacy taken his last carry as a Packer?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT and MM are still in charge after this season they will probably bring Eddie back and give him the starting job. They didn't seem too alarmed that he couldn't keep his weight down so Eddie will get the message that he can play at 260 pounds.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't like it enough that a normally keep it all in house coach called him out publicly. Anyway I think he's done. Here anyway. I keep hearing a cheap 1 year prove it deal, but I see GB trying to replace him anyway this year because he'll never be able to be counted on. And if all we're going to do is offer a cheap prove it deal, well so will someone else. And they'll probably be able to offer more assurances he'll be given a shot at a longer lucrative contract. I think he knows GB doesn't trust his work ethic. At least his agent probably does.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of the people who believes that Lacy will be back next season, but only if it's cheap. He won't be able to get much if he dipped his feet in FA. I would much rather like to see Lacy given another year instead of using a 1 or 2 day pick on a RB when we could use that pick on a position of greater need, like TE, CB, WR, or ILB.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am one of the people who believes that Lacy will be back next season, but only if it's cheap. He won't be able to get much if he dipped his feet in FA. I would much rather like to see Lacy given another year instead of using a 1 or 2 day pick on a RB when we could use that pick on a position of greater need, like TE, CB, WR, or ILB.

I expect at least one team to take a gamble on Lacy believing they have what it takes to keep him in shape. Therefore I believe his tenure with the Packers is over.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect at least one team to take a gamble on Lacy believing they have what it takes to keep him in shape. Therefore I believe his tenure with the Packers is over.

That could very well happen but knowing TT he will probably overpay to keep him around for one more year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is an idea.

Since Eddy has been gone, we have had success and we do have a running game.

I still am sticking to he won't be signed. The reasons I posted more than once..

The staff don't like his off field issues. And was told in Feb he wouldn't wouldn't t be brought back.

With him. Being injured and it's known league wide his off field issues he won't get a huge deal..

What if he is offered low ball and a huge incentive based deal. I say he takes it but if he wants more he won't get it.

I think him not a Packer is not an issue

Last edited:

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill take Ty over lacy. Ty has home run speed and ALWAYS makes the first guy miss. He makes it look easy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would take the 1-2 punch of a healthy in shape Eddie on a incentive laden contract with Monty. I think it would be a dynamic duo to have back there. Keep Michael too :)

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill take Ty over lacy. Ty has home run speed and ALWAYS makes the first guy miss. He makes it look easy.
Agree, but I don't see much of a chance of Montgomery taking a pounding for 16 games and be worth a crap for the playoffs... We need a sledge hammer, and keep Montgomery on a snap count until playoff time.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, but I don't see much of a chance of Montgomery taking a pounding for 16 games and be worth a crap for the playoffs... We need a sledge hammer, and keep Montgomery on a snap count until playoff time.
When did Montgomery become a dainty li'l flower? The guys is 6'-0", 220 lbs... he IS a sledge hammer with 4.55 speed. On GB's roster he won't be a 25 carry/game guy, nobody will because the ball belongs in AR's hand ... but could see him at 12-15 carries/game and another 4 or 5 receptions/game.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did Montgomery become a dainty li'l flower? The guys is 6'-0", 220 lbs... he IS a sledge hammer with 4.55 speed. On GB's roster he won't be a 25 carry/game guy, nobody will because the ball belongs in AR's hand ... but could see him at 12-15 carries/game and another 4 or 5 receptions/game.
Just being realistic... And Im talking about that 12-15 carry range. But I hate seeing him try to get those hard yards. He doesn't need to be run into walls, even if he could handle it. IMO.

We need two good RBs, because one always gets hurt....

D

Deleted member 6794

I would take the 1-2 punch of a healthy in shape Eddie on a incentive laden contract with Monty. I think it would be a dynamic duo to have back there. Keep Michael too :)

Unfortunately I don´t trust Lacy to stay in shape. BTW Montgomery averaged 5.1 yards after contact per carry leading the league in that category.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don´t trust Lacy to stay in shape. BTW Montgomery averaged 5.1 yards after contact per carry leading the league in that category.

That is where an incentive laden contract would be beneficial to the Packers and maybe enough motivation to Lacy to be beneficial to him as well. However, I seriously doubt he or his agent would want to agree to one, but given his history, they may not have a choice or a many options. That being said, I am guessing that he will be faced with offers such as that or low to middle of the road average guaranteed money (by another team) and he will chose the later.

D

Deleted member 6794

That is where an incentive laden contract would be beneficial to the Packers and maybe enough motivation to Lacy to be beneficial to him as well. However, I seriously doubt he or his agent would want to agree to one, but given his history, they may not have a choice or a many options. That being said, I am guessing that he will be faced with offers such as that or low to middle of the road average guaranteed money (by another team) and he will chose the later.

After Lacy didn´t stay in shape in a contract year I don´t believe an incentive laden contract would result in Lacy being motivated to put in the work to keep his weight in check. Nevertheless I expect at least one team to offer him a lucrative long-term deal.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing yhat would make me feel semi ok about lacy leaving would be the Montster becoming the starter. And another good rookie added to the mix. Im not talking about a late 4th round comp pick either...get us a rookie that can take carries from montster

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like Monty at RB, but I sense some hesitancy by MM in using him there and not sure why. Maybe he is a liability in pass protection or they just want to bring him along slow. Obviously, a proficient passing attack doesn't require Monty to get a lot of carries either. No doubt he will officially be converted to RB next season and be given a full opportunity to earn the starring job, but no way should the Packers just sit back and be comfortable heading into next season with Monty, Crockett and a few UDFA's competing for the position.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Monty would do well as a starting RB. I doubt McCarthy could argue with the stats up to this point...

But you look at the injury history of young NFL players. It seems MOST young players have a hard time staying healthy. Maybe trying too hard, and being wreckless to make up for other weaknesses... Im sure this trend could be proven with some number crunching. But just shooting from the hip, Id say its a fair statement. It could also be a solid contributor to our yearly troubles with injuries... Considering we have nearly a dozen rookies on the roster every year, and one of the youngest teams every year...

Back to the point. Monty has already been injured, and had surgery... He is becoming a valuable weapon. Diverse, and effective. I think we plan to use Monty as a big part of our strategy. I see him as a Marshall Faulk type of potential in our offense. Spread the field and he will run free! Stop the run and Rodgers will dump it off to him behind coverage. But same as my logic with any RB. We need 2 RBs that can carry the load if need be. But more importantly we need two, to lessen the abuse any one rb takes over a 16 game season. It keeps both healthy and effective...

I think that would be the only reason to NOT give Montgomery 20+ touches every game...

Come playoff time, I say we feed the Montster!

Gabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's back it will be with weight clauses and incentives. I imagine he'll be elsewhere. I love they he runs, but as you said he's not available. He can't be counted on to finish a drive let alone a season.
Hes not coming back, they are allowed to bring back one guy from injured reserve and they already chose a rookie over him. He will most likely go somewhere else unless he's done with the NFL

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes not coming back, they are allowed to bring back one guy from injured reserve and they already chose a rookie over him. He will most likely go somewhere else unless he's done with the NFL
This conversation is about next year.... his IR status this year is irrelevant to that. The fact that he will be a free agent is the point of this conversation.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see another club giving Lacy anything more than the Packers would offer. With all equal, I would think he would go somewhere warmer to be closer to home and/or get a change or scenery to spark his career. If he doesn't get any other offers, we would likely bring him to camp to see his conditioning.

However, we've got Montgomery and Michael who should both be back. I assume that we will get another RB in this deep draft, and then we've also got Rip and Kerridge. That's five RBs not including Lacy. TT won't go into the regular season with 5-6 RBs on the roster.

Members online

Latest posts