Hall of Fame locks

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have thought Woodson would be a lock but alll these QB's usually get first look dont they?

If Randy Moss isnt a lock then Woodson cant be either I guess. I would say a lock is a first ballot HOFer. And I can only count 6 in the NFL right now.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Randy Moss isnt a lock then Woodson cant be either I guess. I would say a lock is a first ballot HOFer. And I can only count 6 in the NFL right now.

Except Woodson isnt a self serving pile of ****. Apparently that matters to HoF voters.

If Woodson plays for another 2 years at a high level then he is. I think that will be tough to do though.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He forgot about Rodgers.

And I'm sorry, but if he can mention Darrelle Revis, he absolutely has to mention the QB with the best career ratings of all time...

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with Reed as a lock and Woodson as close. Reed has a Super Bowl ring and has been the best safety in football for quite some time and was part of the best defense in the NFL in the past 10 years.

I think Woodson will get in, but another year like 2009 or a SB Ring would make him a lock.

Rodgers has only played for two seasons and made the Pro Bowl once. He needs a few more good years and maybe a Super Bowl ring to put him in the 'At this pace' category.

I think the article is pretty spot on with the exception of Roethlisberger. True ... he has two rings, but he also has the distinction of being the winning QB with the worst rating in the game. One of their SB victories was in spite of him, not because of him. To me, he still has a lot to prove and is not and has never been even one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Forget the off-field crap ... I don't think he is HOF caliber.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with Reed as a lock and Woodson as close. Reed has a Super Bowl ring and has been the best safety in football for quite some time and was part of the best defense in the NFL in the past 10 years.

I think Woodson will get in, but another year like 2009 or a SB Ring would make him a lock.

Rodgers has only played for two seasons and made the Pro Bowl once. He needs a few more good years and maybe a Super Bowl ring to put him in the 'At this pace' category.

I think the article is pretty spot on with the exception of Roethlisberger. True ... he has two rings, but he also has the distinction of being the winning QB with the worst rating in the game. One of their SB victories was in spite of him, not because of him. To me, he still has a lot to prove and is not and has never been even one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Forget the off-field crap ... I don't think he is HOF caliber.
Just one thing.

The Ravens won in 2000. Reed came to the league in 2002.

Rod Woodson was their FS...

So, in reality, Charles Woodson has more. He has played in one SB (with the Raiders), whereas Reed hasn't.

And about Rodgers, I didn't think about the "at this pace" but he mentioned Revis in the "too early to tell". Rodgers at least deserved a mention IMHO...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just one thing.

So, in reality, Charles Woodson has more. He has played in one SB (with the Raiders), whereas Reed hasn't.

And about Rodgers, I didn't think about the "at this pace" but he mentioned Revis in the "too early to tell". Rodgers at least deserved a mention IMHO...

:good:

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just one thing.

Very good points. I stand corrected. I still would not put Woodson in the lock category; maybe Reed comes down a notch.

If the 2010 Rodgers is the same or better than the 2009 Rodgers then I would include him in the 'too early to tell' or maybe even the 'at this pace' category. Everyone on that list either has played more years than Rodgers (I am putting down AR for 2 years) or is the best at his position (C Johnson).

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Greise and Bradshaw are in then at this pace Big Ben should be too when his career is over.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good points. I stand corrected. I still would not put Woodson in the lock category; maybe Reed comes down a notch.

If the 2010 Rodgers is the same or better than the 2009 Rodgers then I would include him in the 'too early to tell' or maybe even the 'at this pace' category. Everyone on that list either has played more years than Rodgers (I am putting down AR for 2 years) or is the best at his position (C Johnson).
I agree. My only grudge is Revis being in there. He has ONE great year, and that's it.

Rodgers has 2.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but this is one of those individual sports analyst's editorial articles. Maybe he has a hard-on for Revis. Either way it is a good topic to debate. I do think that Woodson is a lock for the hall of fame however.

On a side note, it kind of bothers me that not having a championship is a nock to the individual player even though football is a team sport. It's not Woodson's fault he was drafted by the Raiders.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but this is one of those individual sports analyst's editorial articles. Maybe he has a hard-on for Revis. Either way it is a good topic to debate. I do think that Woodson is a lock for the hall of fame however.

On a side note, it kind of bothers me that not having a championship is a nock to the individual player even though football is a team sport. It's not Woodson's fault he was drafted by the Raiders.

The raiders were good for awhile there, they lost in the SB too, so he had his chance at a ring. Championships really only plays a huge role for QBs, and rightfully so.

I think when its all said and done he will be remember mostly for the tuck rule.

Members online

Latest posts