Hackett Fired

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Broncos have put Nathaniel out of his misery with two weeks to go. Who thinks he ends up back here next season?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They wanted Rodgers. Hackett was only hired to lure him to Denver. His days were numbered once the new owners took over.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their offense would have looked much better with Rodgers. His chemistry with Hackett would have made their offense better. They have good wrs an ok oline and decent tes and rbs. Wilson just isn't very good. His wrs in Seattle made him.

Reaction score
Denver’s Offense is awful. I don’t even think an average QB would change that. Maybe #12 sure, they could get off 15 points per game up to 20-22pts area. They need more than a QB.

Denver’s Defense is their strength.

Reaction score
Don't you think with what Wilson is getting paid to come to Denver, his teammates are jealous
and that's the reason their wheels are falling off this year?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldent mind if they brought him back as an assistant coach for offense.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Broncos have put Nathaniel out of his misery with two weeks to go. Who thinks he ends up back here next season?

I don't believe the Packers will demote Stenavich for next season, therefore I don't see any way for Hackett to be back with the team for 2023.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson quickly fell out of favor with me. Not because he was a Seahawk, but mostly because I think he's a full of baloney phony.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I’d take Jordan Love over Wilson right now. He’s God awful.
Hackett was a train wreck, but if Russ would’ve bought in to the scheme and took what the defense was giving him, The broncos would have at least 4-5 more wins in my opinion.

These are some of Denver’s losses:

17-16
12-9
19-16
16-9
17-10
10-9

That’s just absolutely brutal. I’ve never felt more sorry for a defense in my life. The Broncos just might have the best defense in the NFL, yet somehow have won just 4 games all year.

They just flat out quit against the Rams.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hackett was a train wreck, but if Russ would’ve bought in to the scheme and took what the defense was giving him, The broncos would have at least 4-5 more wins in my opinion.

These are some of Denver’s losses:

17-16
12-9
19-16
16-9
17-10
10-9

That’s just absolutely brutal. I’ve never felt more sorry for a defense in my life. The Broncos just might have the best defense in the NFL, yet somehow have won just 4 games all year.

They just flat out quit against the Rams.
Agreed. Their defense no doubt is the best in the league. Seattle has to be laughing their *** off right now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you'd take awful over unknown?
I haven't watched Denver to know the "why" or "how" he was awful. as we all should have learned many times over, the end result isn't always indicative of individual ability. Wilson does have a pretty good track record though, so the "why" is he being awful would be important to know.

That said, I thought that was a great trade for the Seahawks and figured Denver would be in big time buyers remorse for this decision. Wilson was good, but was falling off IMO. That, and he never did really run more typical offense.

Always had great D, still does, and a great Run game and a coach that used it. Lots of play action that then wasn't on schedule and he'd run or scramble and make a play. Once that ability starts going away, my opinion is, he was never much of a read the D and deliver a ball on schedule QB anyway, so he didn't have much to fall back on and stay at a high level. and I think he's a phony baloney of a person. :) So I wouldn't want him anyway. I'd give Love a shot first, but that's because Love is already a Packer and I wish the kid well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you'd take awful over unknown?
I have not watched Denver much. It's just hard for me to believe that Wilson has totally lost it. There must be a real problem on the O line imho. No QB can play well with a bad O line.