InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
??
"Most of you didn't even know Lazard was on the team until I told you."

Sure wish I was as smart as you...
I only know a lot about sports, music, and commercial real estate. In math and science I am a mess. I gave up the Rockstar dream in my late 20's when the woman threatened to leave if I didn't stop the traveling and settle down and start a family. I made the right choice.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My "bigger slot" of the day:

David Sills- 6'3, 211.

Sills doesn't have to play in the slot, but he certainly could. He isn't flashy or fast. He is a chain mover and excels in the red zone. Smart, former QB. Projected to go around the 3rd. I'd be ok taking this young man starting with our #114 pick.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My "bigger slot" of the day:

David Sills- 6'3, 211.

Sills doesn't have to play in the slot, but he certainly could. He isn't flashy or fast. He is a chain mover and excels in the red zone. Smart, former QB. Projected to go around the 3rd. I'd be ok taking this young man starting with our #114 pick.
FYI ~ we ALL knew about him in 2010 when he was an 8th grader being offered a scholarship to play for Kiffin at USC... you're late. ;)

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
FYI ~ we ALL knew about him in 2010 when he was an 8th grader being offered a scholarship to play for Kiffin at USC... you're late. ;)
He was a QB then though.

This is a thread about "bigger" slot receivers that Gute likes so it's on point and current now.;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J'Mon definately needs to step up or he will find himself gone. There will be some intense battles to make this team this summer.

Will be a lot of competition this camp at all the WR positions except Davante's spot.

Don't forget about Allen Lazard. He is another 6'5 beast that has a chance at breaking out this season.

I'm very interested who the Pack is going to add in the draft to a already very good and loaded WR group..

Davante Adams

Geronimo Allison

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Equanimeous St. Brown

Jake Kumerow

Allen Lazard

J'Mon Moore

Trevor Davis

What you see as a very good and loaded WR group I see as 1 top WR and lots of potential and many many questions. The same as we have had for the last several years. Next year could be very different and it might even be with this same group of players but right now, although I am confident one or more of these guys will step up, our WR group isn't making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool.

What I see is Davante as the #1 and 6 WR's that all will be battling for spots in camp. I am not including Trevor Davis because I feel if he does make the team or impact this season, it would be as a return man.

8 WR's and one more most likely added in the draft. I don't know what is "optimistic" about saying it will be a loaded position group in camp? I look forward to the camp battles. Should be fun!

6 WR's battling for spots is a sign of a very good and loaded group? I think we have very different definitions of the phrase "very good and loaded"

I'd prefer 3 or 4 locks and 3 or 4 other guys battling for spots.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
6 WR's battling for spots is a sign of a very good and loaded group? I think we have very different definitions of the phrase "very good and loaded"

I'd prefer 3 or 4 locks and 3 or 4 other guys battling for spots.
Loaded means 8 WR's on the roster already before the draft.

Will probably keep 6 when we get to the final 53. I like the 8 now and am looking forward to see who Gute adds to this group in the draft. Will be some great battles in camp. Players like J'Mon Moore won't be guaranteed a roster spot just because he was one of Gute's draft picks last year. There will be a lot of competition this summer.

I realize you want to try and get across that I am wrong and this position group is a huge problem right now. I happen to disagree.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Will probably keep 6 when we get to the final 53. I like the 8 now and am looking forward to see who Gute adds to this group in the draft. Will be some great battles in camp. Players like J'Mon Moore won't be guaranteed a roster spot just because he was one of Gute's draft picks last year. There will be a lot of competition this summer.

I realize you want to try and get across that I am wrong and this position group is a huge problem right now. I happen to disagree.

When someone says the Packers have a loaded WR group I guess I think of something beside they just have a lot of guys. They could have 8 guys that suck and I wouldn't consider it loaded I would consider it empty.

I don't necessarily think its a huge problem I just think it is far from being a group I am particularly happy with right now. We have one guy who has proven himself to be a legitimate NFL WR and that is it. You may think some of the others have proven themselves but I disagree. Lots of potential for sure (just like years past) but lots of questions and only one legit star.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please end the kumerow hype
Why? He has a legitimate chance of making the 53, again.

I'm willing to make you a gentlemens' (assuming you're a gentleman) wager that he makes the opening day 53 in '19... 16oz of your/my favorite craft brew (capped at $10?)?

Reaction score
We’re 1 stellar receiver away from being ok. We’re also 1 injury to Adams away from being in huge trouble. We need to continually feed the position either through FA, Trades or the draft.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
His 40 time range is listed at 4.47 to 4.68.

Let's just say he has good speed for a WR just slightly over 6'4 and 224.

You know EQ can fly and he is a similar size and ran a 4.48 at his combine. Probably would run a 4.6 today.

I'd honestly take Hurd over Campbell. I never liked Campbell all that much and I got fully off him when he fell and hurt himself at his pro-day. I was already shaky on him and that just sealed it for me.

Campbell pulled up on his Pro Day and that sealed it for you? WTF are you talking about? The guy has had zero injury history playing in the BIG TEN.

The fact that you would even consider a slow converted RB that has one year playing receiver over Campbell proves you have ZERO BUSINESS talking about anything regarding the draft.

This is so ridiculous I don't know if I can even take it seriously. Hurd is a day 3 pick BTW and probably at the end of day 3 at that.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
4.66's are now 4.44's and Hurd is the STEAL OF THE DRAFT. Kumerow is also gonna emerge as a dominant force. Our receiving corp is LOADED. LOL.

THE LEVEL OF DENIAL IS UNPRECEDENTED!

D

Deleted member 6794

The number of receivers on the roster doesn't say anything about the quality of the group.

Once again, there's hope one or several of the youngsters develop into players having a consistent impact but as of right now Adams is the only proven one on the roster.

FWIW you will be ecstatic to learn that actually there are currently nine wide receivers on the Packers roster ;)

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The number of receivers on the roster doesn't say anything about the quality of the group.

Once again, there's hope one or several of the youngsters develop into players having a consistent impact but as of right now Adams is the only proven one on the roster.

FWIW you will be ecstatic to learn that actually there are currently nine wide receivers on the Packers roster ;)
Thank you for claiming to know what I meant by loaded. That is always nice. I never said loaded means to me a amazing never before seen amount of talent at the WR position.

Teo Redding I didn't include because he was signed on a reserve/future contract and has never been on anything but the practice squad.

Keep trying though kiddo:tup:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for claiming to know what I meant by loaded. That is always nice. I never said loaded means to me a amazing never before seen amount of talent at the WR position.

Teo Redding I didn't include because he was signed on a reserve/future contract and has never been on anything but the practice squad.

Keep trying though kiddo:tup:

Like I said to me loaded means more than simply numbers and when I have seen other people refer to "loaded' positions I always got the impression that they were also referring to more than just the quantity of players.

Now that I know you define loaded differently I can factor that in with any other positions you may feel we are loaded at.

D

Deleted member 6794

I never said loaded means to me a amazing never before seen amount of talent at the WR position.

It's pretty obvious to everyone aside of you (which doesn't come as a surprise though) that having nine wide receivers on the roster means diddly-squad when evaluating the talent level at the position. Once again, aside of Adams the Packers don't have any proven receiver on the roster and therefore definitely shouldn't be considered loaded by any means.

Lazard and Redding are currently under contract at the same terms, no reason to consider one of them ahead of the other.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious to everyone aside of you (which doesn't come as a surprise though) that having nine wide receivers on the roster means diddly-squad when evaluating the talent level at the position. Once again, aside of Adams the Packers don't have any proven receiver on the roster and therefore definitely shouldn't be considered loaded by any means.

Lazard and Redding are currently under contract at the same terms, no reason to consider one of them ahead of the other.
No one said the number of WR's makes this the greatest group of WR's ever assembled. You are so caught up in your dislike of me that you now have decided to pretend you know what I meant by every word I type. Have fun with your little game chief.

The talent level is also not decided by you chief. I happen to feel differently about our WR group than you do. That is ok. More talent will be added to this loaded group numbers wise. As I stated several times in this thread, I look forward to the high quality battles and competition in camp among this highly talented group of WR's.

D

Deleted member 6794

No one said the number of WR's makes this the greatest group of WR's ever assembled. You are so caught up in your dislike of me that you now have decided to pretend you know what I meant by every word I type. Have fun with your little game chief.

The talent level is also not decided by you chief. I happen to feel differently about our WR group than you do. That is ok. More talent will be added to this loaded group numbers wise. As I stated several times in this thread, I look forward to the high quality battles and competition in camp among this highly talented group of WR's.

You're not important enough for me to dislike you.

It's absolutely OK to have different opinions about the Packers wide receiver corps, it would be great if you could handle it like an adult though.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You're not important enough for me to dislike you.

It's absolutely OK to have different opinions about the Packers wide receiver corps, it would be great if you could handle it like an adult though.
What I say seems awful "important" to you. You obsess on and try to discredit in some way nearly every post I make here.

Thanks for caring so much.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur:

"I'm excited. This is certainly one of the longer receiving corps I've had a chance to work with, but there's still so many things to like about them. Davante, he can do it all. Geronimo is extremely talented. All those young guys can run and can really take the top off(of the secondary) That's an important piece to our offense, we're always trying to stretch the field vertically with our three-level throws. There's a lot of versatility within our receiving corps that we already have."

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What I say seems awful "important" to you. You obsess on and try to discredit in some way nearly every post I make here.

Thanks for caring so much.

In an effort to avoid such scandalous misinterpretations moving forward, please include a legend at the bottom of each post that defines each word that you used in said post. Be sure to include part of speech and any connotative elements.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... OR... if you don't have something nice (or constructive) to say don't say anything? The sniping is getting tiresome.

The WR's on the roster have a lot of POSITIVE characteristics that we can get excited about and discuss.

I've got to imagine over the next 9 weeks the vets should ALL be at workouts, together, learning the playbook, together. Let's see what happens when they're ALL on the same page with AR.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... OR... if you don't have something nice (or constructive) to say don't say anything? The sniping is getting tiresome.

The WR's on the roster have a lot of POSITIVE characteristics that we can get excited about and discuss.

I've got to imagine over the next 9 weeks the vets should ALL be at workouts, together, learning the playbook, together. Let's see what happens when they're ALL on the same page with AR.
That's about where I am. It's not like we have Rodgers, Jennings, Jones, Jordy, and Driver at their peak, nobody is that proven outside of Adams where I expect him to be pretty good again.

at the same time pretty much anybody they may add to this team is going to be nothing more than potential at this point. Even a "proven" vet, there are numerous examples where someone goes somewhere and is expected to be even better than they were, and they do nothing. There is a lot to chemistry in the locker room. Fit within a particular or different offense, skills relative to those around you, etc.

But at this point, I think we have 3-4 guys who have as much potential as one would need to be successful in this league. I think at least 1 of them steps up this year and likely at least 2 of them do in the next 2 seasons. maybe not, but then there's no guarantees with anybody. But physically they have everything you need.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur:

"I'm excited. This is certainly one of the longer receiving corps I've had a chance to work with, but there's still so many things to like about them. Davante, he can do it all. Geronimo is extremely talented. All those young guys can run and can really take the top off(of the secondary) That's an important piece to our offense, we're always trying to stretch the field vertically with our three-level throws. There's a lot of versatility within our receiving corps that we already have."

I usually don't put too much stock in what coaches say about their players when they make blanket statements like that. I know he isn't going to say what most of us feel "Aside from Davante we have no one who has proven himself. They have lots of talent and potential for sure but so far other than a few flashes that's it." Besides, I don't think anyone is doubting what he said. It is still a very raw group and almost ridiculously so if you take out Adams.

One thing I wonder about regarding EQ and MVS is if neither one really stepped up last year to outdistance himself from the pack or were they not really given the chance. I mean in some games it seemed like it was EQ and in others it was MVS. Was that by design or just happenstance given the opponents or was it because neither one kept up the pace. Its not a negative as both had decent years and I'm confident at least one will step up this year but I just wonder why neither one emerged as the front runner.

Members online

Latest posts