Guess What? : Brett Favre

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=center]PLAY OF THE GAME BY THE PLAYER OF THE GAME[video width=340 height=300]http://play.rbn.com/nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/wmdemand/s2007/nflcom/w06/071014_charles_woodson_cant_miss_300k.wmv[/video][/align]

Thanks Zero! :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:
I think it's a great thing that Brett can be less than perfect(very less than perfect) and pick up a win against a scrappy team.

Trom - You gave the MVP to Kampman? Well, he was good, but I think Woodson won the game for us. He made some good stops, and recovered 2 fumbles (running one back for a TD and the other a heads up play when a punt hit one of our guys in the leg).

Woodson also made a LOT of bad plays, which hurt his MVP voting.

there's votes...

inside my brain.

but he did mess up a lot too. some great plays, and some horrible ones....they offset...

also the fact that kamp's 2 sacks were in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Clutch, baby, clutch.

True. I didn't take that into account.

Yep. Kampman = MVP

I have spoken.

PS - Woodson's INT was a gimme. Carroll coulda got that one. Woodson was behind Moss bigtime, and his suckiness there paid off. Hooray!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson had a studly game. Stop denying, Trom. Just cause you were hating early in the gameday chat, and you gotta stick to ur guns. I respek that. But you know we would have lost today if not for Chuckwood.

Kampy is awesome every game, but getting sacks when there's <2 min left in the game and you have the lead is not MVP worthy, IMO.

Fumble recovery's run back 57 yds for a TD to take the lead is, IMO.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Favre should have had two easy TD's on long passes to wide open receivers and both times he threw interceptions. Unbelievable. On the other hand, he had two TD's taken away by the refs.

GJ seems to be very timid when running deep routes against the cover two defense. sorry, but i do not see why a Saftey can streak 30 yrds across the field, and make a play, before a WR can judge where the ball is, jump up and make a play on the ball.

GJ knows that saftey is coming over the top, he knows he is going to be hit, he just lets the ball get picked off b/c he does not want to get hit.

let's not forget, it was cold, windy and rainy out, but it has to be #4's fault.

put in a-rod, favre is done.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Favre should have had two easy TD's on long passes to wide open receivers and both times he threw interceptions. Unbelievable. On the other hand, he had two TD's taken away by the refs.

GJ seems to be very timid when running deep routes against the cover two defense. sorry, but i do not see why a Saftey can streak 30 yrds across the field, and make a play, before a WR can judge where the ball is, jump up and make a play on the ball.

GJ knows that saftey is coming over the top, he knows he is going to be hit, he just lets the ball get picked off b/c he does not want to get hit.

let's not forget, it was cold, windy and rainy out, but it has to be #4's fault.

I don't think anyone in this thread is Favre bashing. It's just he had a bad day yesterday. Besides our anti-Favre troll, most of us would readily admit we'd be 2-4 without Favre right now.

Favre did miss 2 good shots long though. GJ on one had his guy beat by at least two steps and JJ as well. Favre missed both shots. He just didn't get enough distance on both shots.

Favre did also have not one, but 2 TD passes yesterday. Most of us who watched the game caught them:
1) the phantom holding call,
2) the Franks catch that should have been called a force out. He even had one foot in, and da Bears' guy didn't have any feet in and it was called a force out.

Add those 2 TDs, which would mean 2 more completions and 25 or so more yards and his stats weren't too shabby.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Greg C. said:

I don't think anyone in this thread is Favre bashing. It's just he had a bad day yesterday. Besides our anti-Favre troll, most of us would readily admit we'd be 2-4 without Favre right now.

Favre did miss 2 good shots long though. GJ on one had his guy beat by at least two steps and JJ as well. Favre missed both shots. He just didn't get enough distance on both shots.

Favre did also have not one, but 2 TD passes yesterday. Most of us who watched the game caught them:
1) the phantom holding call,
2) the Franks catch that should have been called a force out. He even had one foot in, and da Bears' guy didn't have any feet in and it was called a force out.

Add those 2 TDs, which would mean 2 more completions and 25 or so more yards and his stats weren't too shabby.

my point is this, GJ knew the ball was underthrown. why didn't he make an adjustment, and slow up, and make a play on the ball. i'll tell you why, he knew that taylor was playing deep and if GJ made a play on the ball he was gonna be hit. so he just let the ball get picked by the saftey, then the CB cleaned his clock(GJ) after the int.

instead GJ lets a saftey run 30 yards across the field and beat GJ for the ball.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the point is Brett should have either put the ball on a line so the DB can't get there or throw it farther down field and let Jennings get under it.

Based on the way he threw it out there it was badly underthrown.

Having said that once it's apparant the DB is going to make a play Jennings has got to respond and put his body in a position he makes the catch OR keeps the DB off the ball.

Those were two atypical throws by Brett and to me he throws it better when he's got to thread it then when somebody is out there wide open like that.

It's on Brett those two didn't result in TD's but it's on Jennings they resulted in INT's.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:
I think it's a great thing that Brett can be less than perfect(very less than perfect) and pick up a win against a scrappy team.

Trom - You gave the MVP to Kampman? Well, he was good, but I think Woodson won the game for us. He made some good stops, and recovered 2 fumbles (running one back for a TD and the other a heads up play when a punt hit one of our guys in the leg).

Woodson also made a LOT of bad plays, which hurt his MVP voting.

there's votes...

inside my brain.

but he did mess up a lot too. some great plays, and some horrible ones....they offset...

also the fact that kamp's 2 sacks were in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Clutch, baby, clutch.

True. I didn't take that into account.

Yep. Kampman = MVP

I have spoken.

PS - Woodson's INT was a gimme. Carroll coulda got that one. Woodson was behind Moss bigtime, and his suckiness there paid off. Hooray!

You don't battle someone for a gimme INT. Watch the game, the entire game and come back. Just to add to this, Harris was covering 89 and Woodson had great coverage on his man, 82 when the ball was thrown to 89 and tipped up for Woodson and 82 to fight for the ball. Woodson was credited with the INT.

Watch my video of it man, you'll see it for yourself.

Kampman had something like a half dozen pressures with his two sacks. Astounding.
Barnett had 12 tackles and the game saving tackle.

The three combined gave stellar performances. But from watching the entire game from start to finish, I think Woodson had a better game. I can definitely see how Barnett or Kampman could be considered for player of the game though, they were studs fo shizzle.

All in all, I don't much argue Kampman being MVP of the game, like you said, two clutch sacks in the 4th, but to say that Woodson was a slouch or sucked, is absurd in my opinion.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The thing is, did we really not have an offense? Let's say the refs didn't suck. There would be 2 more TDs by us. That's 11 more points -> 28 points, which would be a good point total.

I know we're not supposed to play what ifs, but I'm just saying....

When I say we won without an offense today.. that isn't a rip so much on the Packers is it is kudos to the Skins.. the best Defense we played so far this year.. without a doubt..

But we had 2.7 yard per pass and 2.8 yards per carry.. at those averages.. we don't manage a first down per offensive set.

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 13
By Rushing 4
By Passing 6
By Penalty 3

We had almost as many first downs by penalty as by either the run or the pass..

<off topic>

That is probably the best coverage team in the NFL right there.. the Skins that is... it will be fun to watch them go up against the Pats in a couple of weeks... Should tell us if anyone can stop the passing game that NE has...

<End off topic>

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Woodson had a studly game. Stop denying, Trom. Just cause you were hating early in the gameday chat, and you gotta stick to ur guns. I respek that. But you know we would have lost today if not for Chuckwood.

Yea, i thought it was pretty funny that the Chuckster got that touchdown 5 seconds after Trom was blasting him

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

:roll:

Just because someone points out Favre had a poor game doesn't mean he's saying put Rodgers in.

The throws were awful.

The throw to James Jones should of been thrown like he did against the Vikings. Instead he got to much air under it.

Favre shouldn't of given the pump on the throw to Jennings. Jennings was wide open, Favre took to much time getting him the ball because of the pump fake.

Nobody plays perfect every single game. He was bound to make a few mistakes sooner than later. Plus Washington did a nice job of putting pressure on him all day so give them credit too.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson recovered TWO fumbles against the Redskins.

(2:54) 4-D.Frost punts 38 yards to GB 45, Center-67-E.Albright. 24-J.Bush MUFFS catch, recovered by GB-21-C.Woodson at GB 42. 21-C.Woodson to GB 42 for no gain (29-L.Torrence).

I think this was the Punt that hit Bush and Woodson recovered it.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=center]PLAY OF THE GAME BY THE PLAYER OF THE GAME[video width=340 height=300]http://play.rbn.com/nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/wmdemand/s2007/nflcom/w06/071014_charles_woodson_cant_miss_300k.wmv[/video][/align]

Nice play with a nice block by Harris.