Grham Harrell

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saw on jsonline they put him on 53 man roster because some teams were interested in him,put Qarless on i.r.guess they are thinking Flynn free agent after season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reports were that the Bills wanted him. Good move for Buffalo but TT knows that Flynn wants to play. Flynn deserves his shot somewhere. He's the Kevin Kolb of 2011 but hopefully with better results! Harrell will be a fine backup to Rodgers.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I saw Harrell play in person in the preseason game against the Browns and he was nothing short of horrendous. And that was against Cleveland's backups and 3rd-string guys. I'm not sold on this guy at all, especially considering he went to pass-happy Texas Tech where every QB has like 4,000 yards but you don't see many of them becoming NFL starters. Obviously if Flynn leaves, then another QB has to be brought in for backup competition.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time for a new late round draft pick to get into the backup QB rotation. Flynner needs to get a shot somewhere at starting. My pick to join the Pack would be Lindley from SDSU.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Harell played up here in the CFL and could barely complete a pass. I'm not sold on him at all. I would rather have a competent backup than just a guy who looks good in a uniform.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy sees something in him and I wouldn't underestimate his ability to develop Harrell further. He worked primarily out of the shotgun at Texas Tech so learning to get under center has been new to him. The kid has progressed and I think he will become a solid backup.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
McCarthy sees something in him and I wouldn't underestimate his ability to develop Harrell further. He worked primarily out of the shotgun at Texas Tech so learning to get under center has been new to him. The kid has progressed and I think he will become a solid backup.

There is a reason that I am not an NFL scout. I too trust MM. Something tells me that far too few people give MM far too little credit for developing Rodgers (and his predecessor) into the quarterback that he is. Apparently he thinks he can help do the same with Harrell.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember back in the Mike Sherman days when teams dared the Packers to beat them with Favre? Brett's abilities were being mocked by the rest of the league, and for good reason, his play had gone down hill for quite a few years. McCarthy came in and changed things. I'll grant that McCarthy was a no-nonsense coach who put Favre on the leash that he always thrived under. However, he brought out one of Favre's best seasons in 2007 - possibly better than his MVP years. He's now turned Rodgers into arguable one of the greatest in recent decades, and has teams drooling over his backup (Flynn). Nobody wanted Flynn for the same reasons some of you are throwing around about Harrell. He came from a completely different system, his college stats (and national championship) mean diddly in the NFL, etc.

Don't discount how little work the 3rd string QB gets beyond getting to run the scout team. Harrell is also younger than Flynn so not having the offseason hurt Harrell's development more than Flynn's. If any coach deserves our trust in scouting and training a QB, it's McCarthy.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Oh I totally agree on the Sherman comment, just go out there and throw bombs all day, and give them enough to make a highlight reel out of ya Brett. Sad thing is, I see he recently got fired from Texas A&M even though they kept the quarterback that made him lose his job. Right where he belongs, coaching college and not pros. He's probably a decent college coach, Texas A&M is bound to get their ***** handed to them on a silver plate, with or without him though, the S.E.C. will make them the next Vanderbilt of the division.

Members online

Latest posts