Greg Jennings on British T.V.

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We have a programme covering the NFL. This week, one of the former players was on holiday and Jennings was the guest. I found it funny that they showed the highlights of our Vikings game. Whether or not the presenter was fully aware of the history, he said at first Greg was sitting with a big smile, and then asked Greg if he had split loyalties as he was a former Viking, or should he just gloss over that. Greg looked uncomfortable and said yes, he needed to gloss over it. I wonder how much he regretted burning his bridges by criticizing the organization when he did ?

Would any of you given him a look in here earlier on in our season when we struggled ??

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a programme covering the NFL. This week, one of the former players was on holiday and Jennings was the guest. I found it funny that they showed the highlights of our Vikings game. Whether or not the presenter was fully aware of the history, he said at first Greg was sitting with a big smile, and then asked Greg if he had split loyalties as he was a former Viking, or should he just gloss over that. Greg looked uncomfortable and said yes, he needed to gloss over it. I wonder how much he regretted burning his bridges by criticizing the organization when he did ?

Would any of you given him a look in here earlier on in our season when we struggled ??

Greg was bitter when Green Bay didn't give him the big payday he thought he had coming. He should have been smart enough to realize that business is business, and to have left the emotion out of it - It would have served him better.

The truth is that, by far, his best days in the NFL were as a member of the Green Bay Packers, and that his subsequent seasons were much less productive. With the benefit of hindsight, he surely knows now that he could have left Green Bay on better terms (as Charles Woodson, for example, did), and still be a party of the Packer community after his plating days ended. Once you burn those bridges they are hard to repair, although, if you want to resurrect them badly enough, it can be done. Just ask Brett Favre.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No I would not have wanted him back in GB. I never really held anything against him. He felt he was wronged and had a chip on his shoulder.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he knows he could have handled it better. I never held any thing against the guy. I loved him when he was here. Very talented and he was just so smooth in his routes and after the catch. There was no stop and start it was just go. wish he would have stayed.

I didn't want him back this year when we were struggling, because I never thought we didn't have the guys to do it already on the team. It looked like issues the players needed to work thru, not lack of talent. Replacing a guy that needs to work with his QB for a guy that is pretty much out of the league isn't how you make any sort of comeback in this league.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sky King

Reaction score
I'm guessing that it would bother him knowing that the original offer that the Packers presented to him was better than what he eventually received from Minnesota. He looked the fool. Also, a megalomaniac.

Instead of his legacy being that of an all-time Packer great, Packer HOFer, and cherished alum by the fans, he's just another guy in a long list of NFL players who had an undistinguished conclusion to their playing careers. At least he may have broadcasting to serve as a fallback. He could have had both.

His words ruined any chance of him earning a James Jones type of homecoming and a much fonder farewell. Plus, he was well past his prime by that time and may not have given the team any performances that were even close to his former capabilities. Personally, I think TT was wise in resisting any temptation to sign him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was impressed by Jennings the Football player, but beyond that his off field personality has rubbed me the wrong way. He always seems to have something on his mind, says just enough to let you know what it is, but not enough to fully know all the details or how he stands. Reminds of a kid with a gallon can of gas, standing next to a rubbish pile. He will point out the pile, even splash a little gas on it, but leave the gas and run home to hide out in his sisters bedroom. This isn't the kind of guy I would want as a teammate or in the Packer locker room.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings was already paid too much. Then to ask for more and get all bent out of shape when he didn't get it? He messed up and lost his QB over that move.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
His sister could have her hand up my back anytime she wanted... just sayin'. I subscribe to the old chauvinistic yarn that says: "No matter how good they look, it is inevitable ... they're gonna open their mouth and talk" ... so, what else is there to say about that one. :cautious:

Greg Jennings? Amazing that he left and by gawd herself, someone lined up replacing him. See, that's the NFL is now. Some guys are just not destined to be "legends" in Green Bay. What he didn't know, because his ego wouldn't allow it, when he left for phantom money was that a QB who can lay a pass within the realm of "catch-able" makes or breaks NFL receivers. GJ learned that lesson the hard way.

Members online

No members online now.