Greg Jennings Best WR in the Game

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Figure we might as well reminisce

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziK2mDmaigQ&NR=1]YouTube - ‪Greg Jennings Highlights 2010-11‬‏[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is the best route runner in the league, and the best WR for what the Packers ask them to do, as no WR is better all around, the combination of running routes in the middle and from the slot, while being able to stretch the field vertically.

While he's not the best receiver in the game, he's the best receiver for the Packers.

He's more similar to Jerry Rice and Sterling Sharpe than Andre Johnson, Calvin and Fitz.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Calvin Johnson are the only ones better.

agreed.

Jennings is good. But has done nothing to make himself the undisputed best WR in the game today. I would also add Fitz to your list. If he had a QB his stats would be drastically better.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
He's not the best yet, but he's working on it. While Finley was down he was their go-to guy and he kept producing. I like how he set up Troy in SB. Getting crafty like DD. I think he will be better this year. Plus I like his sideline stuff, fun to watch always without the arrogance of some WRs.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact is that Jennings puts up similar numbers and production as the agreed upon elite WR's in the league, but he is about six inches shorter than them and has to split his opportunities with a stacked and talented offense. I think he's top 5 in the league, but obviously I'm biased as he's been my favorite Packer for a while now. Detractors seem to call him an underachiever, albeit that was before this season. I think one more season like this one and he's up there.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The fact is that Jennings puts up similar numbers and production as the agreed upon elite WR's in the league, but he is about six inches shorter than them and has to split his opportunities with a stacked and talented offense. I think he's top 5 in the league, but obviously I'm biased as he's been my favorite Packer for a while now. Detractors seem to call him an underachiever, albeit that was before this season. I think one more season like this one and he's up there.
What the hell are you talking about? He's 5'11" He might be 6 inches shorter than TEs but not WRs.
So you're saying the average "elite" WR in the league is 6'5"
Also, nobody I've ever heard or read calls him an underachiever. He is what he is, but I can believe he'll get more crafty as he matures.
Glad you like him YFP, I think he's gonna be great.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I love how Jennings plays, but I'd have to agree with the others that he isn't *quite* the best WR in the league yet. Did anyone else notice how many Bear defenders there were in that one clip and he still got open? I can't help but to laugh. The Bears still......

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I love how Jennings plays, but I'd have to agree with the others that he isn't *quite* the best WR in the league yet. Did anyone else notice how many Bear defenders there were in that one clip and he still got open? I can't help but to laugh. The Bears still......

.....SUCK!!!!!!!!!

:chisux:

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? He's 5'11" He might be 6 inches shorter than TEs but not WRs.
So you're saying the average "elite" WR in the league is 6'5"
Also, nobody I've ever heard or read calls him an underachiever. He is what he is, but I can believe he'll get more crafty as he matures.
Glad you like him YFP, I think he's gonna be great.

Sorry, 4 inches shorter than Andre Johnson and Fitz, 6 inches shorter than Calvin Johnson, 5 shorter than Marques Colston. Point is he's not one of bigger wideouts but he still puts up great numbers.

And yes obviously this past season he did not underachieve, but how many TD's did he have in 2009? I'm not saying I agree with the detractors, I definitely don't. But there definitely were games in 2009 where he just flat out disappeared. Just saying what I've heard.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't agree with Reggie Wayne, not right now at 32, only playing the x, not being a consistant deep threat (only 17 catches of 20+ yards) and not being a consistant redzone threat (6 tds).

But the Jonhson brothers and Fitz I agree with. They're different kind of receivers than Jennings, but I could see why in general a team would prefer them over Jennings.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, 4 inches shorter than Andre Johnson and Fitz, 6 inches shorter than Calvin Johnson, 5 shorter than Marques Colston. Point is he's not one of bigger wideouts but he still puts up great numbers.

And yes obviously this past season he did not underachieve, but how many TD's did he have in 2009? I'm not saying I agree with the detractors, I definitely don't. But there definitely were games in 2009 where he just flat out disappeared. Just saying what I've heard.
So you list the tallest wideouts in the league? That's not average, those are tall receivers by anybody's range. But not close to average. Jennings is a bit smaller, I'd bet the average wideout is about 6'0 or so.
As for disappearing, he is open if he has time. Often, because of a quick release Rodgers hits a quicker target. That might happen again this year. But that's his job, he didn't complain. It doesn't detract one bit from his ability. Nelson is like 6'2" but you don't see his name called as often as Jennings. It doesn't have anything to do with height. Not to belabor a point, just sayin'

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you list the tallest wideouts in the league? That's not average, those are tall receivers by anybody's range. But not close to average. Jennings is a bit smaller, I'd bet the average wideout is about 6'0 or so.
As for disappearing, he is open if he has time. Often, because of a quick release Rodgers hits a quicker target. That might happen again this year. But that's his job, he didn't complain. It doesn't detract one bit from his ability. Nelson is like 6'2" but you don't see his name called as often as Jennings. It doesn't have anything to do with height. Not to belabor a point, just sayin'

Lol it's like you think I'm trying to argue with you here. I'm simply making a point about Jennings.

totalpackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense to Greg because he put the ******' team on his back, doe, but Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson... maybe fourth. But not the best receiver in the NFC North.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Lol it's like you think I'm trying to argue with you here. I'm simply making a point about Jennings.
I get it YFP, no problem. I just wanted to point out that you suggested he was "short" and he's not by NFL WR standards. He's not tall but he's not short.
Either way, I'm agreeing with you that the guy is fooking good.
I'll tell you this. I can't wait to see next season when alot of these guys are healthy, they can't cover everyone. Alot of people thought he "disappeared" when J. Finley was healthy. I can't wait to see what happens this year.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it YFP, no problem. I just wanted to point out that you suggested he was "short" and he's not by NFL WR standards. He's not tall but he's not short.
Either way, I'm agreeing with you that the guy is fooking good.
I'll tell you this. I can't wait to see next season when alot of these guys are healthy, they can't cover everyone. Alot of people thought he "disappeared" when J. Finley was healthy. I can't wait to see what happens this year.

Did I say short? If so unintentional, I just meant he's not one of the bigger WR's in the game, oh well, we're on the same page.

But yes I'm in agreement with this, can't wait to see the full corps healthy again. I do wonder if Rodgers will fall back into "force the ball to Finley mode" though. It seemed like after J-mike went down Rodgers really matured as a passer and spread the ball real well.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could put him in Top 5. Top 3 is a stretch as everyone put Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are just heads and heels above everyone else. I gotta say though their height def. helps. If Jennings was 6'4", he'd challenge any of them for the top spot being they all have great hands.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You could put him in Top 5. Top 3 is a stretch as everyone put Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are just heads and heels above everyone else. I gotta say though their height def. helps. If Jennings was 6'4", he'd challenge any of them for the top spot being they all have great hands.
That's like saying if he ran a 4.1 40 yard dash he'd be better. Sure, but he's not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts