Green Bay should go get DK Metcalf

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante Adams is gone. Green Bay needs a WR 1. All remaining free agents offer many red flags.

Packers need a WR that is young, ascending, and fits schematically. I think DK Metcalf would work.

GB has the draft capital.

GB has cash (hopefully after signing Rasul Douglas) to extend Metcalf if necessary.

Also, GB has the QB and culture to entice Metcalf.

Thoughts?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short answer : No

Longer answer : I'm glad they aren't tied to a $28-30M contract for a WR. No desire to expend draft capital to go get another WR that is going to put them in the same boat and, as noted, not sure I want a guy that has his temperament for 28-30M either.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Metcalf’s game, but his temperament was on display last time we played them. My cheaper version would be to draft that kid out of Arkansas.

I think there may be a possibility of acquiring both Metcalf and drafting a high quality receiver in the draft. It may not be a player like Burks, but I think someone like Olave or Williams could be had, especially with the extra picks.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Metcalf’s game, but his temperament was on display last time we played them. My cheaper version would be to draft that kid out of Arkansas.

From your statement, I guess you're implying Metcalf's temperament was a negative.

Unless it's something egregious, it hard to judge player's actions in the flow of the game.

The intensity of the game can bring out things in players, primal, instinctual, etc.

Also, his actions in the game can create many different perceptions.

How you interpret his temperament may look like passion for the game to another.

I think he would be a gamebreaker in Green Bay.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I loved Metcalf coming out of College, but I doubt the Seahawks part with him AND as others have said, he is going to want big money. I don't mind his fire and drive on the field, now if it is a problem off the field, then pass again.

Packers need to find 2 Vet WR on cheaper 1 year deals. Use one of their first rounders on a top 5 guy and a grab another WR and TE along the way. Look at how quickly Jefferson became a #1 guy for the Vikings.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
From your statement, I guess you're implying Metcalf's temperament was a negative.

Unless it's something egregious, it hard to judge player's actions in the flow of the game.

The intensity of the game can bring out things in players, primal, instinctual, etc.

How you interpret his temperament may look like passion for the game to another.

I addressed this above, but I agree with you. I like some fire out of some players. As long as it is contained and motivates, not disrupts the team. Definitely something to keep an eye on with Metcalf.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short answer : No

Longer answer : I'm glad they aren't tied to a $28-30M contract for a WR. No desire to expend draft capital to go get another WR that is going to put them in the same boat and, as noted, not sure I want a guy that has his temperament for 28-30M either.

No way would Metcalf ever command a contract that even approached 20M at this point in his career.

Seattle is punting on this season. They will listen to any offer and are desperate enough to agree to it.

Picked in the 2nd round, Seattle doesn't have a 5th year option of Metcalf. He is currently 4M against the cap.

Without Wilson in tow, I question Seattle's desire to keep Metcalf as next season has many unrestricted free agents on Seattle's roster.

With enough cap space to re-sign Rasul Douglas, Green Bay could offer the 53rd pick via Las Vegas and acquire Metcalf.

He's still on his rookie deal...Metcalf Contract...

Also, as an unrestricted free agent next season, if acquired he has every incentive to perform.

Next year, the cap increases...Metcalf gets a nice deal (preferably) from Green Bay.

Still armed with (2) 1st round picks and another 2nd round, Green Bay can move up and grab a top WR prospect.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He screwed up at the end of a game... Shannon Sharpe said he needs to pay attention and be aware. he then told Sharpe he didnt know what he was talking about

The game vs Pack he was ejected

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to find 2 Vet WR on cheaper 1 year deals. Use one of their first rounders on a top 5 guy and a grab another WR and TE along the way. Look at how quickly Jefferson became a #1 guy for the Vikings.

Ok. That's another route to go.

So...1 year deals for Landry and Julio? OBJ is not leaving LA.

I just checked out multiples mock drafts and some the top WR prospects are projected to start going in the middle round.

Does Green Bay move up or let the board play out?

Last edited:
OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He screwed up at the end of a game... Shannon Sharpe said he needs to pay attention and be aware. he then told Sharpe he didnt know what he was talking about

The game vs Pack he was ejected
I know what happened. What I don't know is what you are trying to say.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No way would Metcalf ever command a contract that even approached 20M at this point in his career.

Seattle is punting on this season. They will listen to any offer and are desperate enough to agree to it.

Picked in the 2nd round, Seattle doesn't have a 5th year option of Metcalf. He is currently 4M against the cap.

Without Wilson in tow, I question Seattle's desire to keep Metcalf as next season has many unrestricted free agents on Seattle's roster.

With enough cap space to re-sign Rasul Douglas, Green Bay could offer the 53rd pick via Las Vegas and acquire Metcalf.

He's still on his rookie deal...Metcalf Contract...

Also, as an unrestricted free agent next season, if acquired he has every incentive to perform.

Next year, the cap increases...Metcalf gets a nice deal (preferably) from Green Bay.

Still armed with (2) 1st round picks and another 2nd round, Green Bay can move up and grab a top WR prospect.

He will command more than $20M...just watch.

Would you trade draft picks and take a chance on him without a new contract?
Ok. That's another route to go.

So...1 year deals for Landry and Julio? OBJ is not leaving LA.

I just checked out multiples mock drafts and some the top WR prospects are projected to start going in the middle round.

Does Green Bay move up or let the board play out?
If they have their eyes on 1 particular player, I think they move up to grab him. If they like a handful (5), which it sounds like there are, I think they wait it out and grab 1 at 22.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will command more than $20M...just watch.

Would you trade draft picks and take a chance on him without a new contract?
You may be right. I just checked out Spotrac. Currently his market is 20M annual, which is just surface numbers. Davante's deal is gonna up the ante for the future absolutely but even still I can't see Metcalf getting more than 22-23M next season.
If they have their eyes on 1 particular player, I think they move up to grab him. If they like a handful (5), which it sounds like there are, I think they wait it out and grab 1 at 22.

Ok. So if there are 5 top WR prospects, is there a tier? Is one prospect good enough to move up to grab?

I personally don't think so, but I think getting a free agent WR via trade or free agency and using both 1st round picks on WRs is a move to consider.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You may be right. I just checked out Spotrac. Currently his market is 20M annual, which is just surface numbers. Davante's deal is gonna up the ante for the future absolutely but even still I can't see Metcalf getting more than 22-23M next season.

Ok. So if there are 5 top WR prospects, is there a tier? Is one prospect good enough to move up to grab?

I personally don't think so, but I think getting a free agent WR via trade or free agency and using both 1st round picks on WRs is a move to consider.
Have some fun today....take 5-10 runs through this. Accurate? Probably not, but it kind of shows you how things are predicted to fall...by PFF

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Shouldnt be that hard?

Temperment was brought up.
He dismissed a HOF players advice. And was ejected in our game. Thats temperment issues to me.
LMAO.

Shannon Sharpe is HOFer. He is a legend. He is also a man. A man with an opinion.

You put your opinions out there on someone and try to avoid blowback from that same person is akin to cowardice.

This might be generational, but I don't give a damn about how Metcalf behaved in that game.

Context is everything.

Just because it was against a team I root for I'm not gonna dismiss him from joining the roster and helping GB win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LMAO.

Shannon Sharpe is HOFer. He is a legend. He is also a man. A man with an opinion.

You put your opinions out there on someone and try to avoid blowback from that same person is akin to cowardice.

This might be generational, but I don't give a damn about how Metcalf behaved in that game.

Context is everything.

Just because it was against a team I root for I'm not gonna dismiss him from joining the roster and helping GB win.
Again.. Temperment was tossed out, and my opinion is he has temperment issues.

Your okay with it..did I ever once say I wasnt?

And how am I a coward when im not avoiding you?

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have some fun today....take 5-10 runs through this. Accurate? Probably not, but it kind of shows you how things are predicted to fall...by PFF

I was playing with this earlier. Jameson Williams is usually available for the 22nd but Burks isn't fair behind.

I wonder if a trade of the 28th and 59th to move up to 23rd could net both Williams and Burks.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again.. Temperment was tossed out, and my opinion is he has temperment issues.

Your okay with it..did I ever once say I wasnt?

And how am I a coward when im not avoiding you?
I was taking about Shannon Sharpe and DK Metcalf...

When did I call you a coward?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why is accepting hotheads who can't keep their emotions under control a "generational" thing? I suppose when every dump you've take in your life has been described as "epic" or more you start to lose perspective on what is really important and what isn't?

YOu don't think old guys want to punch stuff and act like fools sometimes? That's like fat people telling someone in shape they're so lucky. Like pancakes and ice cream don't taste good to us too? It's called having control. 3 years olds don't have emotional control, adults should, even in football games and especially after when it's pointed out and you can't even own it. Man body and child brain are never a good combo.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why is accepting hotheads who can't keep their emotions under control a "generational" thing? I suppose when every dump you've take in your life has been described as "epic" or more you start to lose perspective on what is really important and what isn't?

YOu don't think old guys want to punch stuff and act like fools sometimes? That's like fat people telling someone in shape they're so lucky. Like pancakes and ice cream don't taste good to us too? It's called having control. 3 years olds don't have emotional control, adults should, even in football games and especially after when it's pointed out and you can't even own it. Man body and child brain are never a good combo.
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm kind of like the middle child in life. I'm moving into my late thirties.

I will say this 24 years old today is not what 24 was 2 decades ago or longer.

Society has changed.

Adolescence lasts longer.

I'm still young, but not young and dumb. There is a time and a place for everything I agree.

I was raised by a "man's man". I was also raised by a smart woman and we were told to have emotional intelligence and over time I understand what that means and requires.

There must be balance.

Metcalf is a professional athlete. He's been coddled yet he's sacrificed.

I think he's young, he's growing, and would be lethal in a Packer's offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was playing with this earlier. Jameson Williams is usually available for the 22nd but Burks isn't fair behind.

I wonder if a trade of the 28th and 59th to move up to 23rd could net both Williams and Burks.
I ran my first one with the new picks this morning. I hit gold. lol....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante Adams is gone. Green Bay needs a WR 1. All remaining free agents offer many red flags.

Packers need a WR that is young, ascending, and fits schematically. I think DK Metcalf would work.

GB has the draft capital.

GB has cash (hopefully after signing Rasul Douglas) to extend Metcalf if necessary.

Also, GB has the QB and culture to entice Metcalf.

Thoughts?
They will go after someone. Now if it was TT he would simply draft for the position. Gute can go either way or both ways. He will watch this one very carefully. Who knows? He may ask Rodgers for his input. Younger appears to be the way to go. Julio Jones is the same age as Cobb and probably gets beat up. Metcalf can sure stretch the field. He has pretty good hands. But I believe he will be going after a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round. When the Vikings lost Diggs they found a diamond in Jefferson. Maybe we can be as lucky.

Members online

Latest posts