Green Bay should go get DK Metcalf

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have seen plenty of players "blow up" on the field. Is Metcalf one of them, the next Antonio Brown? I have no clue and for people here to say that he will or won't, unless you can show me your psych degree, as well as a careful study of Metcalf on and off the field, I wouldn't trust a lick of what I hear.

I think we will find out in the next year or maybe sooner, just how Pete Carroll and the Seahawks feel about Metcalf. If he is this powder keg, that they don't want to deal with, he will be traded sooner, rather than later.

If I had to predict his career. I say he continues to show his emotions on the field, might take a flag or 2, but he grows out of it. He is going to continue to be a beast on the field. Again, I don't have a psych degree or know anything about the man beyond what I have seen on the field, so he could become a mass murderer for all I know.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They will go after someone. Now if it was TT he would simply draft for the position. Gute can go either way or both ways. He will watch this one very carefully. Who knows? He may ask Rodgers for his input. Younger appears to be the way to go. Julio Jones is the same age as Cobb and probably gets beat up. Metcalf can sure stretch the field. He has pretty good hands. But I believe he will be going after a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round. When the Vikings lost Diggs they found a diamond in Jefferson. Maybe we can be as lucky.
I think he will have to go both. He might get a vet or 2 on 1 year cheap deals, but he needs to stock up the WR for the future. I see a draft with him grabbing 2-3 WR's.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Getting Chenal with your 3rd pick…. i’m in.
Imagine a LB crew of Smith, Campbell, Chenal and Gary.

The Packers passed up on TJ, I hope they can land Chenal, he has a motor that doesn't quit. He isn't going to be an OLB, but from the inside, he is going to provide great run and pass coverage, with the ability to get to the QB on a blitz if needed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
From your statement, I guess you're implying Metcalf's temperament was a negative.

Unless it's something egregious, it hard to judge player's actions in the flow of the game.

The intensity of the game can bring out things in players, primal, instinctual, etc.

Also, his actions in the game can create many different perceptions.

How you interpret his temperament may look like passion for the game to another.

I think he would be a gamebreaker in Green Bay.
While that may be partly true, we need to get back to high character guys. I do not know much about Metcalf off the field, but careful not to capitulate. We just lost one thankless player (my opinion and soon he’ll coat that sentiment with “words” like many of us do) who btw would not in large part be where he is without the Green Bay Packers, who wouldn’t be without God himself.

My preference is to study this draft and go after the best combination of “athletic ability” with best “teammate”. I’d prefer to start clean rather than having to consecrate the next guy chief Cohen. This next move will set the tone for years to come. We need not jump at what appears the most obvious option. This move? Needs to be very calculated

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what Metcalf is either, but He's not exactly a 20 year old rookie. He should be growing up quickly if he hasn't already. He's a talent for sure, but one i'd do my homework on if considering.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He screwed up at the end of a game... Shannon Sharpe said he needs to pay attention and be aware. he then told Sharpe he didnt know what he was talking about

The game vs Pack he was ejected
Sounds like a real genius eh?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran my first one with the new picks this morning. I hit gold. lol....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Chenal is now up to #35??? Dang, I hate that. Two months ago I was hoping we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Chenal is now up to #35??? Dang, I hate that. Two months ago I was hoping we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round.
Who knows where he will go. Combine changed a lot of the projections, interviews, pro days, etc. will do the same. All a player has to do is end up on social media taking a hit off a bong and watch his stock plummet.

Reaction score
Who knows where he will go. Combine changed a lot of the projections, interviews, pro days, etc. will do the same. All a player has to do is end up on social media taking a hit off a bong and watch his stock plummet.
Then we can get him in Round 4! Perfect :tup:

Seriously though I like the idea of having 2 stud LB’s. We’d be dangerous if we found another DT upfront plus him and Campbell behind.. plus Metcalf (just keeping on thread). Heck Metcalf could probably succeed at LB

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will have to go both. He might get a vet or 2 on 1 year cheap deals, but he needs to stock up the WR for the future. I see a draft with him grabbing 2-3 WR's.
2 or 3 seems high but then we have quite a few picks right now. Ones that he could use to trade up. We still have needs at TE, DL, and OL. And we have to consider when we do draft that we have players that can contribute also on ST which has not been the case lately. We need a kick and punt returner as an example.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just lost one thankless player (my opinion and soon he’ll coat that sentiment with “words” like many of us do) who btw would not in large part be where he is without the Green Bay Packers, who wouldn’t be without God himself.
Are you talking about Davante Adams?!!!

What?!!!

Reaction score
2 or 3 seems high but then we have quite a few picks right now. Ones that he could use to trade up. We still have needs at TE, DL, and OL. And we have to consider when we do draft that we have players that can contribute also on ST which has not been the case lately. We need a kick and punt returner as an example.
I was thinking about that. I’d look at using 1-2 selections on Day 3 that are solely geared towards ST

Reaction score
Are you talking about Davante Adams?!!!

What?!!!
Absolutely. The guy that was drafted by us and told us to kick rocks. 100% positively and an unequivocal and resounding.. yes the guy that whimpered all last year! He should’ve went to the Washington Whimperers!

Seriously though. I’m not mad at him. I just think he’s overly cocky like some others and it gets stale. He didn’t wear well imo.
Thankfully however. We recouped his 2nd Round pick that we spent.
+
+
I’ll say it. Close your ears everyone!
The Jordan Love selection has been reimbursed.! Boooyah!!!

Brian Gute! Brian Gutey! go Gutey go! Go gutey Go! (Chanting!)
Brian Gute! Brian Gutey! go Gutey go!
(Jumping over my imaginary jump rope!)

I’d smooth jump right by him doing that! He’d think I was nuts idc

Last edited:
OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. The guy that was drafted by us and told us to kick rocks. 100% positively and an unequivocal and resounding.. yes the guy that whimpered all last year! He should’ve went to the Washington Whimperers!

Seriously though. I’m not mad at him. I just think he’s overly cocky like some others and it gets stale. He didn’t wear well imo.
Thankfully however. We recouped his 2nd Round pick that we spent.
+
+
I’ll say it. Close your ears everyone!
The Jordan Love selection has been reimbursed.! Boooyah!!!

Brian Gute! Brian Gutey! go Gutey go! Go gutey Go! (Chanting!)
Brian Gute! Brian Gutey! go Gutey go!
(Jumping over my imaginary jump rope!)

I’d smooth jump right by him doing that! He’d think I was nuts idc
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about that. I’d look at using 1-2 selections on Day 3 that are solely geared towards ST
I thought the Packers might re-sign that David Moore and give him a shot as a returner and maybe a #4 or #5 receiver. Chances are he will sign elsewhere or maybe he will come cheap come August.

Reaction score
They will go after someone. Now if it was TT he would simply draft for the position. Gute can go either way or both ways. He will watch this one very carefully. Who knows? He may ask Rodgers for his input. Younger appears to be the way to go. Julio Jones is the same age as Cobb and probably gets beat up. Metcalf can sure stretch the field. He has pretty good hands. But I believe he will be going after a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round. When the Vikings lost Diggs they found a diamond in Jefferson. Maybe we can be as lucky.
I agree. We received 2 selections for Davante and you almost have to commit to using either a 1st or 2nd rounder at the WR position to overlap anyways. I'm leaning that Gute will use either #22 or #28 for a WR selection and then possibly a 3rd-5th rounder if his gut tells him someone is worth it. Another option would be to trade a #53 and #92 and creep into the top 40 area if Gute feels that's the sweet spot at WR.

This season I like the idea of staying pat and being patient and not reaching. My personal preference would be to only use a 5th or 7th in a trade scenario. Another method mentioned is a trade back from #28 to a top #35 area to acquire another late Day 2 selection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Gute and the "war room" play the draft board with strategy, then GB can come away with 2 top WR prospects.

I think Jameson Williams will fall due to his injury. Securing him and possibly Burks would be great. Unsure if London or Olave will fall that far.

D

Deleted member 6794

No way would Metcalf ever command a contract that even approached 20M at this point in his career.

Christian Kirk signed for nearly $20 million per season. It's realistic to expect Metcalf to receive a better offer.

Seattle is punting on this season. They will listen to any offer and are desperate enough to agree to it.

While the Seahawks are definitely in a rebuild season they won't be interested in trading away young players.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christian Kirk signed for nearly $20 million per season. It's realistic to expect Metcalf to receive a better offer.

While the Seahawks are definitely in a rebuild season they won't be interested in trading away young players.
That Christian Kirk deal is insane, and considering there were better receivers out there, signing Kirk is a head scratcher.

Also, we'll see about the Seahawks. They won't advertise it, but they're on a fire sale.

Metcalf is in the last year of his rookie deal.

No 5th year option available. Sure they could tag him, he'll be unhappy especially without a QB for the foreseeable future.

Also, if/when he does get a deal from Seattle, does he want a rookie throwing to him?

Last, does a QB that loves to throw the ball wanna play on a Pete Carroll team with a run first identity?

Members online

Latest posts