Green Bay Alone In First Place

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to win a season-opener for a change, even if our defense looked a little ragged doing it. Meanwhile, the Lions blew a big lead to lose to the Chargers, and the Vikings looked like an absolute dumpster fire against the 49ers. I know it's only September, but this is a nice start.......our QB doesn't have to tell us all to R-E-L-A-X, at least not yet.

Go Pack Go!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is we will not relinquish our lead. Someone may tie us at some point but I don't think we'll be looking up at any of the other three this year.

Let's just start the playoffs next week!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rough next 7 games, but good to start 1-o with the division all going 0-1, Seahawks losing, and Eagles losing.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would appear that the rumors of the rise of the Vikings and the demise of the 49ers was a little premature. They were so sure over in Minnesota that they were going to win this game.

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would appear that the rumors of the rise of the Vikings and the demise of the 49ers was a little premature. They were so sure over in Minnesota that they were going to win this game.

I thought the Vikings would be better myself. Last night, however, that offense was putrid.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is we will not relinquish our lead. Someone may tie us at some point but I don't think we'll be looking up at any of the other three this year.

Let's just start the playoffs next week!
I was in agreement with your 1st sentence but I'm not ready to fast forward to the playoffs yet.
That would mean that most of my favorite time of the year is history.:(

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say yes on part A. and no on part B. Let's see how the 9ers fare against a good team.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've been sure in Minn for 55 years. The only sure thing is that they will not win a Championship again this year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KFAN had extended Vikings coverage all day today and while the sportscasters were level headed, lots of fans were (in the words of Mark Rosen) 'feeling like kids on Christmas Day that just discovered a lump of coal in their stockings.'

I don't know. I think that the Vikings will be better than what they showed. However, like last year their O-line is suspect and was the reason AP couldn't run and Bridgewater was running for his life. We will know a lot more about the Vikings and Lions after their Week 2 division game in Mpls.

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KFAN had extended Vikings coverage all day today and while the sportscasters were level headed, lots of fans were (in the words of Mark Rosen) 'feeling like kids on Christmas Day that just discovered a lump of coal in their stockings.'

I don't know. I think that the Vikings will be better than what they showed. However, like last year their O-line is suspect and was the reason AP couldn't run and Bridgewater was running for his life. We will know a lot more about the Vikings and Lions after their Week 2 division game in Mpls.

For two teams hoping to finish ahead of the Packers, this game is about as big as a week 2 game can be. Barring a tie, somebody is going to start the season 0-2.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago actually played better than I thought they would for much of the game. The Lions....the coaching needs to learn to put games away and use the CJ. The Vikings.....lol.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say yes on part A. and no on part B. Let's see how the 9ers fare against a good team.

I was impressed by San Fran's defense, though. They looked to be as fast and athletic as ever, despite their off season losses. I wish the Packer defense looked as good.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was impressed by San Fran's defense, though. They looked to be as fast and athletic as ever, despite their off season losses. I wish the Packer defense looked as good.

It would be awesome if we had someone like NaVarro Bowman playing inside linebacker.

Sky King

Reaction score
Watching the Bears vs. Cards and Lions vs. Vikes via NFL Ticket. Sheesh, the QB play has been pedestrian for all the other North foes. Bridgewater looks the best of the three today and he's been competent at best. Cutler got hurt and Stafford has been scattershot. Adrian Peterson has been fumbling like it's a designed play. Looks like the preseason in those two games. The Vikings cheerleaders look pretty good, though.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Bears vs. Cards and Lions vs. Vikes via NFL Ticket. Sheesh, the QB play has been pedestrian for all the other North foes. Bridgewater looks the best of the three today and he's been competent at best. Cutler got hurt and Stafford has been scattershot. Adrian Peterson has been fumbling like it's a designed play. Looks like the preseason in those two games. The Vikings cheerleaders look pretty good, though.
I thought the Vikes looked pretty good and I thought the Vikes cheerleaders looked really good.:sneaky:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got that seattle 3-0 win margin off our back, now oct 4th same thing for the niners. excited about the win. but seattle fans will say they didnt win becasue kam chancellor wasnt there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the wins, but it's a long season guys. This should be shelved till November at least

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got that seattle 3-0 win margin off our back, now oct 4th same thing for the niners. excited about the win. but seattle fans will say they didnt win becasue kam chancellor wasnt there.

We played without Jordy, and Bulaga, and Barrington, and most of the game without Eddie Lacy. So anyone crying about Chancellor is just going to come off as whiny.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with slight hiccups with our D and Nelson being out for the season I will have to say we will lose about 2 games. hah

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts