Greatest uniform in NFL history

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I just took another look at that Steeler throwback uniform and it made me cry laughing. I wonder how many of those were actually sold ??? too funny !

H

HardRightEdge

Only the Powder Blue ones though.

The powder blue jersey was very cool, but they dropped the bolt on the pant leg when they brought that in:

http://www.chargers.com/team/history/uniforms/uniform-visual-timeline.html

I think I'd go with the '61-'63 version for the total package...gold bolts, pant bolts, helmet number. I give this one an edge over the '60 version because the numbers would have been more easily readable from a distance or on TV.

In context, the unis fit the playing style...wide open offense, plenty of speed...just as the simple Big G fit the Lombardi style...execution and physicality over complexity.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The powder blue jersey was very cool, but they dropped the bolt on the pant leg when they brought that in:

http://www.chargers.com/team/history/uniforms/uniform-visual-timeline.html

I think I'd go with the '61-'63 version for the total package...gold bolts, pant bolts, helmet number. I give this one an edge over the '60 version because the numbers would have been more easily readable from a distance or on TV.

In context, the unis fit the playing style...wide open offense, plenty of speed...just as the simple Big G fit the Lombardi style...execution and physicality over complexity.

I agree with you. The '61-'63 version is really nice. As well the bolt not being on the pant leg is a detractor for the powder blue unis as a whole, I agree. I like the '68-'71 iteration of their uni the most partially because they still have the bolt on the leg, though I would have prefered the powder blue on the inside of the bolt instead of the darker blue.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Powder blue, dark blue.....who cares.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
This is disgusting.......Cheerleaders....are....demeaning.....to.....women.....and......should.....be..........mmmmmmmmm

Members online

Latest posts