Great result

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
Reaction score
"OK" is such a subjective term, ya know? Would you want an "OK" heart surgeon? ;)
Is it OK to offer my objective opinion of subjectivity? If it’s NOT OK, is the object of your question to answer it subjectively?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would offer an objective opinion, but I just don’t want to subject you to it :cool:

I did see a large banner in VA beach across a long front porch. It had GB on one side and Chicago on the other and said “house divided”. I kinda chuckled because it’s such a deep seeded rivalry I’m surprised they shared anything! The other odd thing is it was in Virginia, which doesn’t really have a Pro team other than the Redskins. What the heck were they doing out there? I’m guessing chasing bikinis because I’ve been there and done that and there’s none in WI in late October! :tup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Great Results, has anyone else noticed or own former RB leads the NFL in TD’s?

Jamaal Williams is currently pacing
18TD’s!
1,054 yards
4.0 per carry

For Detroit in 2022.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Speaking of Great Results, has anyone else noticed or own former RB leads the NFL in TD’s?

Jamaal Williams is currently pacing
18TD’s!
1,054 yards
4.0 per carry

For Detroit in 2022.

True, Williams has been great for the Lions this season. It might have been smart to re-sign him and use the second rounder the Packers spent on Dillon on another position.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Williams. It's hard to beat a guy like that. Great teammate, hard worker, hard runner, no quit, always smiling, never complains, produces when given a chance and in general a pretty fun person to be around. Even as a Detroit Lion, I can find no reason to dislike him LOL. Don't test me by making him a Viking, but I'm happy for him. Glad to see him doing well.

Reaction score
True, Williams has been great for the Lions this season. It might have been smart to re-sign him and use the second rounder the Packers spent on Dillon on another position.
Exactly what I was thinking. Could’ve had a Receiver, Edge or Corner/DB etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new. It's the NFL way.
I will say one thing. I like having Dillon in cold weather contests just in general over Williams. Not taking away from Jamaal’s fabulous year though. Dillon seems to stay consistent in inclement weather, while most players regress. Maybe the BC college experience prepared him idk

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He would have been cheaper than Jones. The problem is, who would Jones have signed with - if he stayed in the NFC that wouldn't be good.
No one on this team possesses Jones skill set. Williams is/was much easier to replace.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one on this team possesses Jones skill set. Williams is/was much easier to replace.
I'm not arguing that. Remember, it would be Jamaal + whoever else we could have afforded over the duration of the contract. That was the move most of us wanted at the time, IIRC.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that. Remember, it would be Jamaal + whoever else we could have afforded over the duration of the contract. That was the move most of us wanted at the time, IIRC.
I just don't think it's a good move to not try to extend your most dangerous weapon in his prime. Williams' running skills are average and can be replaced cheaper and easier. He had excellent intangibles and added locker room value as well but the team needed to try and keep as many of their core players as possible which they did.

Reaction score
I
I just don't think it's a good move to not try to extend your most dangerous weapon in his prime. Williams' running skills are average and can be replaced cheaper and easier. He had excellent intangibles and added locker room value as well but the team needed to try and keep as many of their core players as possible which they did.

I’m ok with keeping Jones and letting Jamaal go. Dillon seems to be the better cold weather back. That’s super important for Jan-Feb weather.

The other notable option would’ve been to offer him $3M to stay and keep all 3 RB’s. It always seems like 1 is banged up and it’s a great area to have solid depth. The net difference is only like $2m etc.
Also Jamaal is a good blocker and can be used in the receiving game
I might’ve just spent the extra $2m and kept him in a perfect world. Might’ve come down to who was who on ST

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Out with the old, in with the new. It's the NFL way.

While there's some truth to it Williams wasn't old at the time he signed with the Lions.

I wanted the Packers to let Jones walk away in free agency as well as I didn't see a whole lot of value signing a running back to a contract like the one he received. In hindsight I have to admit that would have been a mistake though.

Members online

Latest posts