Great Read - Packers Should Do Whatever Brett Tells Them

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it did take forever to learn to spell it correctly. I was spelling it Farve for the longest time.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Settle down LT.. it is just in ribbing fun.. no sense in getting wound up on it..

LOL!

I am perfectly fine, trying to add to the ribbing...

Sometimes I come across as I am upset but I am not

Sorry if I made anyone feel I was upset!!

I have the hardest time with you over anyone else here... so I was erroring on the side of caution.. :lol:

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my only post weighing in on the Favre situation and there are so many threads. I've thought about it a lot, not like it really matters, but in my head I feel like letting Brett come back for another year is the way to go. The only problem I have with this is benching Rodger's. He's been waiting a long time for this opportunity and now he's been thrust in the role of starter finally, but Brett wants to take it back. However, considering that Training Camp hasn't started yet, Brett still has ample time to walk back in, but if he is coming back it had better be soon. I'm sick of him wasting his time on this retirement decision. He should just play as long as he wants to, he loves the game so much.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much has been written about how much or how little the Packers changed their drafting choices based on Favre's retirement. None of us know if his decision had any effect at all (except possibly Flynn.) As I see it, the biggest problem, if Favre returns, will be going back to installs/plays that utilize Favre's skills rather than the new installs that work better with Rodgers. This can't be accomplished in a few days time. And it doesn't just affect Favre or Rodgers but every player on the offense. It's back to square one. All the OTA's and mini-camp planning + the play book changes will have been a waste of precious time and effort. Neither TT or MM wants that to happen. They look upon this season as our chance to get to the big dance at long last. Our young players, along with the vets, view it the same way. No monkey wrench can be allowed to jam up our carefully devised plan to get to the SB. No one player is that big that he can be allowed to slow down our run to the title. Our plans and preparations have been made & installed. Now it must be "full speed ahead!"

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much has been written about how much or how little the Packers changed their drafting choices based on Favre's retirement. None of us know if his decision had any effect at all (except possibly Flynn.) As I see it, the biggest problem, if Favre returns, will be going back to installs/plays that utilize Favre's skills rather than the new installs that work better with Rodgers. This can't be accomplished in a few days time. And it doesn't just affect Favre or Rodgers but every player on the offense. It's back to square one. All the OTA's and mini-camp planning + the play book changes will have been a waste of precious time and effort. Neither TT or MM wants that to happen. They look upon this season as our chance to get to the big dance at long last. Our young players, along with the vets, view it the same way. No monkey wrench can be allowed to jam up our carefully devised plan to get to the SB. No one player is that big that he can be allowed to slow down our run to the title. Our plans and preparations have been made & installed. Now it must be "full speed ahead!"

It's not as hard as some make it out to be to change gameplanning. If Rodgers goes down in week 1, All that work goes down the drain. Happens all the time. Plus most were around last year. It's not some unattainable thing

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not as hard as some make it out to be to change gameplanning. If Rodgers goes down in week 1, All that work goes down the drain. Happens all the time. Plus most were around last year. It's not some unattainable thing

i think you're right in that sense. they could probably hit the ground running with Brett at the helm this season. but anybody who thinks this is soley about switching QB's is oversimplifying the issue.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Let me get this right. Rodgers could go down with an injury and it is not a unatattainable thing?

It's not some unattainable thing

Unattainable means a wish or goal that can not be reached,

Is it your goal and wish that Rodgers goes down with an injury?

im pretty sure he meant switching the offense back to suit Favre isn't unattainable.

nobody here wants Rodgers to get hurt.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Let me get this right. Rodgers could go down with an injury and it is not a unatattainable thing?

dd80forever said:
It's not some unattainable thing

Unattainable means a wish or goal that can not be reached,

Is it your goal and wish that Rodgers goes down with an injury?

im pretty sure he meant switching the offense back to suit Favre isn't unattainable.

nobody here wants Rodgers to get hurt.

Of course that's what I meant. I don't wish anything bad on A-Rod. I hope he goes on to be great. The point is Brett missed OTA's, which he and many others have missed in previous years, I think if TT decides, and Brett for that matter, he wants to come back there is only a very minor setback to the offseason preperation.

I do agree Arrow that it's not that easy however, my comment was just on the preperation side of things

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is one thought. All that offseason work has not been wasted. Picture Favre comes back and goes down. Rodgers with all his offseason work will be the best backup in the NFL. Under no circumstances do i want to see Brohm or Flynn behind center this year. They can not win a game. A-Rod is durable im sure but there is only one iron man. Realistically, qb's miss like an average of 2-3 games per year.

I really like Rodgers other than his one comment. I hope he does great and makes probowls and wins superbowls as soon as Favre is gone.

That being said, Rodgers is very young and has a lifetime of football ahead of him. Its not Favre's fault that the Packers drafted him when he was 33 or 34 years old. You can not put the stunting of Rodger's growth solely on Favre. What the hell, the guy wants to play. Its not like he is out there thinking ahhh, i will tell them i want to play. Thats the best way for me to hurt Rodgers and the Packers.

Lets not make the guy a villain. Just bite the bullet, let him play for another year or two but probably just one more year. Who knows. Management publicly tells Favre that Rodgers WILL get playing time for experience sakes and i think everyone can deal with the situation and be somewhat happy. Imagine how smooth the transition will be from Favre to Rodgers if for the next year or 2, Rodgers is seeing about 200 snaps per year in mop up duty. His "rookie learning curve" will be gone and the Packers wont miss a beat. Honestly if you throw egos out the window, i think this is a best case scenario. Favre gets what he wants, Rodgers gets the experience he needs and pretty much gets what he wants, the organization gets a HOF starter back while getting their young gun experience in real game situations, Favre fans are happy, management and everyone can save face.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Here is one thought. All that offseason work has not been wasted. Picture Favre comes back and goes down. Rodgers with all his offseason work will be the best backup in the NFL. Under no circumstances do i want to see Brohm or Flynn behind center this year. They can not win a game. A-Rod is durable im sure but there is only one iron man. Realistically, qb's miss like an average of 2-3 games per year.

I really like Rodgers other than his one comment. I hope he does great and makes probowls and wins superbowls as soon as Favre is gone.

That being said, Rodgers is very young and has a lifetime of football ahead of him. Its not Favre's fault that the Packers drafted him when he was 33 or 34 years old. You can not put the stunting of Rodger's growth solely on Favre. What the hell, the guy wants to play. Its not like he is out there thinking ahhh, i will tell them i want to play. Thats the best way for me to hurt Rodgers and the Packers.

Lets not make the guy a villain. Just bite the bullet, let him play for another year or two but probably just one more year. Who knows. Management publicly tells Favre that Rodgers WILL get playing time for experience sakes and i think everyone can deal with the situation and be somewhat happy. Imagine how smooth the transition will be from Favre to Rodgers if for the next year or 2, Rodgers is seeing about 200 snaps per year in mop up duty. His "rookie learning curve" will be gone and the Packers wont miss a beat. Honestly if you throw egos out the window, i think this is a best case scenario. Favre gets what he wants, Rodgers gets the experience he needs and pretty much gets what he wants, the organization gets a HOF starter back while getting their young gun experience in real game situations, Favre fans are happy, management and everyone can save face.

It's out of the norm but may be the Packers best plan at this point

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole 'will he/won't he' is a stinking mess. At this point I hope that he stays retired. I hope that this is all manufactured by the media and has no value. If Brett truly is waivering, then it's his own fault.

Members online

Latest posts