Great Read - Packers Should Do Whatever Brett Tells Them

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I believe what other moves we might have made or whatever is flying around the real problems that exist with this whole deal the way it is coming down.

You have a QB that leads 53 guys and touches the ball EVERY offensive play of every game.

For three years now ours has talked about retiring. Then he did. OK then, time now to get our heads (says 53 guys) into the new guy and move on.
They begin to do that and start rallying around ARod.

But wait! Now we find out Brett's decided he made a mistake and wants back in. Ok then, now who is behind this move and who is going to have a hard time going back and forth, back and forth?

Don't think for one moment that getting Brett back just puts the better QB for now back on the field. Anyone feeling this way is very, very naive. There WILL BE a fractured, or, at least a disjointed lockerroom resulting from this. No matter which way it turns out now.

And I will tell you this as well. If the beginning of the season does not go as fortunately for us this year as it did last year and we lose a couple games we shouldn't......wufta!

This coming season could become a nightmare of huge proportions very quickly. Unfortunately for everybody involved from Favre to Thompson, to Rodgers to McCarthy, to the players, to the fans, it DOESN"T MATTER who the starting QB is at this point, if we don't win and win a lot early, this is going to be bad.

If Favre never retires and comes back and we look a little ragged, maybe start out two and two, no biggie. We come out now with Favre, go two and two and look ragged doing it. Oh, oh.

Anyone that doesn't see the pressure this whole deal creates for this team in terms of HAVING TO WIN these first games coming out of the blocks is in la-la land.

THAT, my friends, is the problem with how this deal is coming down.

These are professionals. They should know that winning is the only thing that matters. I do not think the locker room will be chaotic and I'm not being naive about it either. MM needs to get them to understand that if Favre comes back, it's because he gives them the best chance to win.

The other thing MM needs to do is get Aaron Rodgers some snaps. If I see Brett Favre in with 5 minutes remaining and we're up by 2 TDs, I'm going to be pissed.

If Fav-re comes back, it will be because Fav-re forced their hands, and that is the course of action that is least painful. NFL players aren't stupid. They will know the difference.

And if Fav-re comes back, don't waste those snaps on Rodgers. Because there is no way in hell he will willingly stay in Green Bay.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If Fav-re comes back, it will be because Fav-re forced their hands, and that is the course of action that is least painful. NFL players aren't stupid. They will know the difference.

And if Fav-re comes back, don't waste those snaps on Rodgers. Because there is no way in hell he will willingly stay in Green Bay.

Wasn't it a TC paper that is clamouring for Rodgers over Favre.. hmmmm..

Maybe this whole thing is a Viking conspiracy to eliminate the competition in the NFCN.. :lol:

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:

Wasn't it a TC paper that is clamouring for Rodgers over Favre.. hmmmm..

Maybe this whole thing is a Viking conspiracy to eliminate the competition in the NFCN.. :lol:

LOL. Nah, I think that Fav-re coming back would be better for the Vikings in the long run... Hell, maybe we could pick up Rodgers. :wink:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I believe what other moves we might have made or whatever is flying around the real problems that exist with this whole deal the way it is coming down.

You have a QB that leads 53 guys and touches the ball EVERY offensive play of every game.

For three years now ours has talked about retiring. Then he did. OK then, time now to get our heads (says 53 guys) into the new guy and move on.

But wait! Now we find out Brett's decided he made a mistake and wants back in. Ok then, now who is behind this move and who is going to have a hard time going back and forth, back and forth?

Don't think for one moment that getting Brett back just puts the better QB for now back on the field. Anyone feeling this way is very, very naive. There WILL BE a fractured, or, at least a disjointed lockerroom resulting from this. No matter which way it turns out now.

And I will tell you this as well. If the beginning of the season does not go as fortunately for us this year as it did last year and we lose a couple games we shouldn't......wufta!

This coming season could become a nightmare of huge proportions very quickly. Unfortunately for everybody involved from Favre to Thompson, to Rodgers to McCarthy, to the players, to the fans, it DOESN"T MATTER who the starting QB is at this point, if we don't win and win a lot early, this is going to be bad.

If Favre never retires and comes back and we look a little ragged, maybe start out two and two, no biggie. We come out now with Favre, go two and two and look ragged doing it. Oh, oh.

Anyone that doesn't see the pressure this whole deal creates for this team in terms of HAVING TO WIN these first games coming out of the blocks is in la-la land.

These are professionals. They should know that winning is the only thing that matters. I do not think the locker room will be chaotic and I'm not being naive about it either. MM needs to get them to understand that if Favre comes back, it's because he gives them the best chance to win.

The other thing MM needs to do is get Aaron Rodgers some snaps. If I see Brett Favre in with 5 minutes remaining and we're up by 2 TDs, I'm going to be pissed.

You cannot discount the fact that TT and MM are now caught between a rock and hardplace. If Brett comes out he better play well and we better win. If he stays retired there is now that much more pressure on ARod to win or the "it's all TT's fault for this" crap will start MUCH sooner then it would have.
This team cannot come out 2-2 or 2-3 without getting shredded by the fans, beaten by the press, and yes, some INTERNAL problems going on with the team as well.
I know their professionals. I also know of a LOT of internal problems hit professional teams and players and it can rip up a teams chance of winning. Or have you never heard of this before?

I don't think MM needs to tell the team anything about Brett BUT what
if Brett does come back and sucks? Then what? How many games do you let it ride? You think all will be well in the locker room if we're 1-3 and Brett hasn't hit a lick?

Brett's been a great QB but it would not come out of left field if he had a less than stellar year because it's bound to happen the longer he plays. I can tell you this somebody better come up with a better hand warmer that's for sure because he looks pretty damn old out there already when it's cold.

This whole thing has gotten way more complicated than just "run 'ole Brett out there and let's win" and this unretirement doesn't help one bit.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still waiting on another public statement from Favre. This text messaging crap just doesn't do it for me.

I agree, I wonder how much of this is the media blowing things out of proportion. You would think that if there were some truth to this TT would want to deal with it as soon as possible, vacation or not.

As with everything with Brett, one little comment opens the door for critics to take shots. It reminds me of when he was at that golf outing and the media, like the puppets they are, scrambled to broadcast his press conference and Brett says "you guys wasted your time." Classic stuff but you know he had a good laugh about it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DarkaneRules said:
I am still waiting on another public statement from Favre. This text messaging crap just doesn't do it for me.

I agree, I wonder how much of this is the media blowing things out of proportion. You would think that if there were some truth to this TT would want to deal with it as soon as possible, vacation or not.

As with everything with Brett, one little comment opens the door for critics to take shots. It reminds me of when he was at that golf outing and the media, like the puppets they are, scrambled to broadcast his press conference and Brett says "you guys wasted your time." Classic stuff but you know he had a good laugh about it.

Ted AND Brett should both have a p/c, I think BOTH have done things that should have been differently...

As far as Brett and the golf outing p/c it was a lady that worked for the foundation that let out a statement that said Brett was going to announce his intentions

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
DarkaneRules said:

Ted AND Brett should both have a p/c, I think BOTH have done things that should have been differently...

As far as Brett and the golf outing p/c it was a lady that worked for the foundation that let out a statement that said Brett was going to announce his intentions

While I understand what you are saying the truth is somebody has got to be the end all here in this situation. That person has to be the guy who makes decisions. Last time I checked that guy is TT. It's like a boss at a company. If I am running around work saying "The Boss is going to Double my Salary" to my Co-Workers and it's creating some kind of ruckus, it's up to my Boss to say "No, it's not true, This is the way it is". Instead it seems Ted is ultra intimidated by Brett or undecided about what to do. All Ted's got to do is state something one way or the other. You can't keep pinning it on Brett.

What happens if Brett holds a press conferance tomorrow publically stating I WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK? Is Ted just going to continue on his little vacation while everyone, including the players, wonder what's going to happen? Is Brett to blame for stating he wants to play again? The guy in charge has to be the guy in charge because as it stands right now Ted seems a little nervous about either telling Brett No, telling A-Rod t's back to the bench, or dispelling the rumor altogether.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I understand what you are saying the truth is somebody has got to be the end all here in this situation. That person has to be the guy who makes decisions. Last time I checked that guy is TT. It's like a boss at a company. If I am running around work saying

There you go comparing regular joes to Brett Favre. Our situations aren't anything like this. You....just don't get that, and it's one of the many reasons your arguments fail harder than the Pink Panther remake.

Example # 352: If someone fired you, hundreds of people wouldn't call your boss to ***** or set flaming bags of poop on his porch. That would likely happen if Favre would have been benched or traded in years past. Try...just try and get that through your thick head.

The organization (not just TT or MM) has to use baby gloves with this, because it's Brett friggin Favre. I think it's stupid, but then again, nobody is going to put flaming dog poop on my porch.

No more than usual.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I understand what you are saying the truth is somebody has got to be the end all here in this situation. That person has to be the guy who makes decisions. Last time I checked that guy is TT. It's like a boss at a company. If I am running around work saying "The Boss is going to Double my Salary" to my Co-Workers and it's creating some kind of ruckus, it's up to my Boss to say "No, it's not true, This is the way it is". Instead it seems Ted is ultra intimidated by Brett or undecided about what to do. All Ted's got to do is state something one way or the other. You can't keep pinning it on Brett.

If a guy at my work was running around telling everyone that his salary was gonna be doubled, everyone would hate that guy for being a *****. And why would you expect the boss to call in from his vacation to address the situation? He'd wait til he came back, then sit the immature ***** in his office and work out the situation.

Then he'd probably start looking for an excuse to fire him or transfer him because he was a workplace cancer.

OP
OP
D

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

If a guy at my work was running around telling everyone that his salary was gonna be doubled, everyone would hate that guy for being a *****. And why would you expect the boss to call in from his vacation to address the situation? He'd wait til he came back, then sit the immature ***** in his office and work out the situation.

Then he'd probably start looking for an excuse to fire him or transfer him because he was a workplace cancer.

You are missing the point. Brett's not doing that. The point is the Boss has to be the Boss at some point and if it's SOOOOO tearing this team apart, like is mentioned here in every post blaming Brett, than it's up to the head honcho to put a stop to it, vacation or not.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
dd80forever said:

You are missing the point. Brett's not doing that. The point is the Boss has to be the Boss at some point and if it's SOOOOO tearing this team apart, like is mentioned here in every post blaming Brett, than it's up to the head honcho to put a stop to it, vacation or not.

Yeah god forbid the man who started this mess end it. Reminds me of when I would knock my legos all over the room, then bolt.

Ted's back from vacation. There are definitely discussions taking place, one way or the other. You act like he's sitting on his hands. Can you just go away? I'll pay you.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with this article begins with the title. I don't like the idea of an organization being completely dependent on the whims of one member, let alone a member who has already retired and therefore cut ties with the organization, at least in terms of having any say in what they do. It doesn't sit well with me. And I'm guessing it doesn't sit well with Packer management, either. This is not a desperate team. They are poised for success with Rodgers and they will continue to sell out all their home games. Favre is no longer their lifeline because they've actually planned for his departure. If this was some sorry franchise like the Arizona Cardinals it would be a different story.

From what Aaron Rodgers said earlier in the off-season, I think management has guaranteed that he is the guy now, which was the reasonable thing to do so he has full authority and can lead the team from a position of power. If management takes Favre back, they will be reneging on that promise, leading to a lot of resentment not only from Rodgers, but also his teammates who support him. I don't think they should do it. If Favre wants to keep playing, they should trade him to another team.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
warhawk said:

It's Favre, not Fav-re. Anyway, I thought I'd respond to this (slow sports day):

"There's the snap, Rodgers drops back - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! Rodger's first snap as Green Bay's starter turns into Allen's first sack as a Viking! Welcome to the starting spot Aaron Rodgers!"
-- Paul Allen, September 8th, 2008

"Green Bay looking at 2nd and long. Rodgers is checking at the line. Here's the snap, short drop for Rodgers and he hits Donald Driver in stride. Sharper's chasing him down the seam but he won't catch him! Touchdown Packers! Damn, it's like I've seen that play before only Favre threw the ball. Packers 7, Vikings 0."
--Paul Allen, September 8th, 2008

:lol:

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
Zombieslayer said:
"There's the snap, Rodgers drops back - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! Rodger's first snap as Green Bay's starter turns into Allen's first sack as a Viking! Welcome to the starting spot Aaron Rodgers!"
-- Paul Allen, September 8th, 2008

"Green Bay looking at 2nd and long. Rodgers is checking at the line. Here's the snap, short drop for Rodgers and he hits Donald Driver in stride. Sharper's chasing him down the seam but he won't catch him! Touchdown Packers! Damn, it's like I've seen that play before only Favre threw the ball. Packers 7, Vikings 0."
--Paul Allen, September 8th, 2008

:lol:

While that may very well be the second play of the game, there is no way that PA will announce it that way. PA would be more like this, "Green Bay looking at 2nd and long. Rodgers is checking at the line. Here's the snap, short drop for Rodgers and he hits Donald Driver in stride. WHERE THE HELP OVER THE TOP? Sharper's chasing, and he's not going to get him. NOOOOOO."

PA gets pretty animated during play calls. :) His call during the San Diego game was awesome... "And Peterson is galloping past the secondary, galloping into the endzone and galloping into Vikings IMMORTALITY..."

I think Cheesey had a similar reply voiced from the GB play by play guy somewhere on here.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah. And it's Fav-re. As I've said before, the French in me can't stand the fact that he can't even pronounce his own name. (And the American in me hates that I have any French in me...) ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. And it's Fav-re. As I've said before, the French in me can't stand the fact that he can't even pronounce his own name. (And the American in me hates that I have any French in me...) ;)

Now your an expert on how people HAVE to pronounce THEIR name?

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:

Le non, mais je suis un expert en matière de langue française. Et son nom de famille est dérivé du Français.

;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
NodakPaul said:

Le non, mais je suis un expert en matière de langue française. Et son nom de famille est dérivé du Français.

;)

We know his name is French based...

Just because you are expert on french language, doesn't mean your an expert on how someone SHOULD pronounce their OWN name

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
longtimefan said:
NodakPaul said:

;)

Just because you are expert on french language, doesn't mean your an expert on how someone SHOULD pronounce their OWN name

You apparently missed the levity in my spelling of his name... I have spelled it this way for more than a decade, since Something About Mary...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Settle down LT.. it is just in ribbing fun.. no sense in getting wound up on it..

LOL!

I am perfectly fine, trying to add to the ribbing...

Sometimes I come across as I am upset but I am not

Sorry if I made anyone feel I was upset!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
NodakPaul said:
longtimefan said:
NodakPaul said:

;)

You apparently missed the levity in my spelling of his name... I have spelled it this way for more than a decade, since Something About Mary...

Then it is this way

Brett Fav... ruh

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
longtimefan said:
NodakPaul said:
longtimefan said:
NodakPaul said:

;)

Then it is this way

Brett Fav... ruh

Ah, but in French, that is exactly how Fav-re is pronounced. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts