1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Moments in Packers History

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JBlood, Feb 26, 2011.

1. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Thanks to the Chicago Bears for so many great memories.

Packer Palace - Beam Into The Alternate Universe of the Green Bay Packers

Thursday, February 24, 2011
    Great Moments In Packers History... [​IMG] 1929 - After blanking the Chicago Bears 23-0 and 14-0, the Packers go on to win their 1st NFL Championship Title.

1930 - After beating the Chicago Bears 7-0 and 13-12, the Packers go on to win their 2nd NFL Championship Title.

1961 - After beating the Chicago Bears 24-0 and 31-28, the Packers go on to win their 7th NFL Championship Title.

1965 - After humiliating the Chicago Bears 49-0 and 38-7, the Packers go on to win their 9th NFL Championship Title.

1966 - After beating the Chicago Bears 17-0 and 13-6, the Green Bay Packers go on to win Super Bowl I and their 10th NFL Championship Title.

1967 - After beating the Chicago Bears 13-10 and 17-13, the Green Bay Packers go on to win Super Bowl II and their 11th NFL Championship Title.

1997 - After beating the Chicago Bears 37-6 and 28-17, the Green Bay Packers go on to win Super Bowl XXXI and their 12th NFL Championship Title.

2010 - After beating the Chicago Bears 10-3, and 21-14 in the playoff NFC Championship Game in Chicago, the Packers go on to win Super Bowl XLV for their world-leading 13th NFL Championship Title and 4th Super Bowl win.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    What about when we drafted Mason Crosby? :D

3. packerswin96

packerswin96 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Seems to be a bit of a pattern here. haha

4. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Ha Ha Ha...how delightful!!! :viksux::chisux:

5. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    I haven't been around much in the last year ... but ... you're still a huge Crosby fan I see. I was a little surprised that the Pack didn't 'tag' Crosby in one way, shape or form...perhaps as a "transition".

Anyway, I had a bad dream the night before SB45. 3 seconds left...Pack down by 2... Crosby lines up his kick ... *clunk* ... left upright got in the way. Thank gawd I was just being paranoid. The kid's got a cannon for a leg but he's got a mean hook built in.

6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    And how many games have the Packers lost because of his inconsistency? I imagine there might be a few he won by making them, but the misses outweigh the hits in my mind.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    So, to win the SB, we gotta win against them 2 times in a season, is that it?

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    No, only 8 of 13 Championships have come via sweeping the Bears. It's just a little frosting on the cake.

9. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Gotta mention the wide left missed FG by the Pittsburg kicker in the Super Bowl, made Mason Crosby look real good.

10. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473

Heck, I wouldn't mind LOSING to the Bears twice as long as we win the Superbowl.

11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Crosby is the least of our worries with special teams. It would be nice to keep someone inside their own 30 on a consistent basis. And maybe run a few kickoffs beyond our own 30.