1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Great Book for Bart Starr fans

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bhuggins, Oct 29, 2011.

1. bhuggins

bhuggins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Just finished reading "America's Quarterback: Bart Starr and the Rise of the National Football League".

One my all-time favorite players and it could be argued that he is the most successful QB in history. No other QB has won 5 NFL championships. After reading this book you will have a new found respect and admiration for this man. I still believe he is the greatest QB in Packers history. I highly recommend reading this book.

2. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,218
    I'll second that. Great book about a man of great character and skill. It's really amazing to read what went on at Alabama and how he eventually made it to the NFL. I also like the book by Dave Robinson that came out a couple years ago; "The Lombardi Legacy: Thirty people who were touched by greatness."

I had a chance to talk with Mr. Robinson a couple years ago. He let my sons hold his Super Bowl rings while we were talking. He's a gracious man.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    Otto Graham Bart Starr and Joe Montana. Any of those 3 could make a claim at being the best.

I have had the book on my coffee table for over a month but havent had a chance to start it. But this motivates me to open it up.

4. bhuggins

bhuggins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Once you read the forward you will have a new found respect for how great and underappreciated Bart Starr was. I alwys felt he was one of the greatest at his position but this book enhances the man's image and skill. I would rate this book right up there with "When Pride Still Mattered".

5. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    America's Quarterback: Bart Starr and the Rise of the National Football League

I need to get a hold of a copy and read this book.