Governor Quinn probably isn't welshing on his bet.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
What do you all think about the news that Illinois Governor Quinn welshed on his bet with Governor Walker.
I guess the Bears and the Governor are cut from the same cloth. When it is time to pony up and be men of integrity they find a way to back out and come up with some sort of rational excuse.
I understand there is political unrest in Wisconsin right now, but it has nothing to do with Quinn and his bet from the NFC Championship game. How mad could the protesters be if he goes to volunteer at a food pantry?
Here is a link to the story.
Wisconsin Labor Protests: Illinois Governor Pat Quinn Won't Volunteer In Milwaukee, Per Bears-Packers Bet

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you read the story, it says,,,,,
“In light of the very serious issues that the state of Wisconsin is trying to work through right now, the governor felt the timing was not necessarily ideal and that it would be more appropriate to find a better date,” Quinn spokeswoman Annie Thompson told the Chicago Sun-Times.

I read nothing about welshing on the bet.........yet

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
If you read the staory, it says,,,,,
“In light of the very serious issues that the state of Wisconsin is trying to work through right now, the governor felt the timing was not necessarily ideal and that it would be more appropriate to find a better date,” Quinn spokeswoman Annie Thompson told the Chicago Sun-Times.

I read nothing about welshing on the bet.........yet

I did read the story,if you think he is going to find another date then you must have had too much Bears Kool-Aid. Besides, if he is not going to do what he promised to do, go to the food pantry on this date, regardless of his reason, he has welshed on his bet. Everyone who fails or refuses to make good on his bet has some sort of excuse -- that is the point of the post.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When, not if, when Govnr Quinn does follow through will any of you thinking he backed out be the first one on here praising him or pointing out that he did keep his end up?

Doubt it.

Haters gonna hate.

You all are just reaching for another thing to hate Illinois about just because it's the home of Da Bears.
Pathetic.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
him wanting to reschedule isnt him canceling.

some mod should fix the title cause its clearly wrong.

if anyone is wondering the Milwaukee art museum is getting the art from Pittsburgh in the fall.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
sure. It just seemed misleading to me. Sorry for being a ****
I don't care. :icon_lol:

I wanted to change it to "Governor Quinn isn't welshing on his bet, he's rescheduling. But he still might welsh. You never can trust a Bears fan. General life rule: Never trust anybody who thinks the Super Bowl Shuffle was cool." but it was too long.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I did read the story,if you think he is going to find another date then you must have had too much Bears Kool-Aid. Besides, if he is not going to do what he promised to do, go to the food pantry on this date, regardless of his reason, he has welshed on his bet. Everyone who fails or refuses to make good on his bet has some sort of excuse -- that is the point of the post.

All Illinois governors are crooks. Who was dumb enough to believe what one of them said?

I know, I live in Illinois.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lighten up Francis,,,,,,,,it's just a silly bet

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
yourdictionary.com
welsh (wĕlsh, wĕlch) also welch (wĕlch)
intransitive verb welshed also welched, welsh·ing also welch·ing, welsh·es also welch·es
Informal
To swindle a person by not paying a debt or wager.
To fail to fulfill an obligation.
This is not my definition, this is the dictionary's definition. Did he fulfill his obligation? I understand that he has an excuse, but, again, that was the whole point of the post -- Bears and Bear fans are full of excuses.
I stand by my original post and look forward to waiting for Quinn's next excuse.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
When, not if, when Govnr Quinn does follow through will any of you thinking he backed out be the first one on here praising him or pointing out that he did keep his end up?

Doubt it.

Haters gonna hate.

You all are just reaching for another thing to hate Illinois about just because it's the home of Da Bears.
Pathetic.

I'd be happy to. I live near Chicago. I am surrounded by Bear fans and all they ever do is make excuses and trash talk the Packers and Packer fans. They claim to be the best, most loyal fans "in the world" and yet the day before their playoff game against Seattle there were nearly 1,000 available tickets to the game on Stub Hub. Not my definition of "loyal" or "best" fans.
I would love to know that there is one Bear fan out there who doesn't just make excuses, but who has integrity.
So, if Quinn lives up to the bet I will try to be the first to acknowledge it. If someone else catches the story first and PM's me or posts it up I will lead the bandwagon praising him for having the integrity to not make excuses.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect? Quinn is just another of those sissy, college educated elitists. Wasted time in law school. Nothing like our tough, high school educated governor.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Touche. I am sure you are right. I hope that Governor Quinn is one of them; especially since the bet was to do something socially good and positive.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Pittsburgh's mayor paid his bet!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGXjYJC2_w]YouTube - Pittsburgh Mayor Pays Up On Super Bowl Bet[/ame]

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
So, Did The Illinois Governor Welsh Out?

Last I heard, he welched out on the bet he made with the Governor of Wisconsin for the NFCN Championship game. Said the day he was supposed to pay off with some volunteer work wearing a Packer's jersey at a Milwaukee food pantry he wasn't going to do it because of the Wisconsin labor protest. I'm wondering if he ever paid off.

Probably not, the FIB!
:chisux:

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'm agreeing that if he did not do it on the date promised, it was a welch on a bet. Rescheduling it would make it better, but who actually believes he is going to do that? I mean how many Illinois governors do they have to put in prison before we realize they are all crooks down there amyways?

And to sanitize a title to make it "politically correct" ? For SHAME!

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the back-up greenandgold. I was a little disappointed when they changed it as well.

Members online

Latest posts