GM Thompson fields punt

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Although the rain in Green Bay subsided much earlier in the day and Clarke Hinkle Field appeared dry, the Packers chose to hold their final night practice of training camp inside the Don Hutson Center.

Will Blackmon lined up as the No. 1 punt returner. It appears he has locked down that job. Also receiving punts during practice were Greg Jennings, James Jones and Chris Francies.

Perhaps the most entertaining punt reception of the evening was when Packers General Manager Ted Thompson stepped onto the field and caught a punt from the Jugs machine. Thompson played 10 years as a linebacker in the NFL but isn’t believed to have ever been a return man.

-- Mike Vandermause, [email protected]

Another thing about Ted, he seems much more comfortable speaking than he did when he first got here. I like the improvement and the less 'uptightness' from him.

Reaction score
You gotta admit though, he comes off like an idiot at times because he isn't one to naturally give things away.

Like todays press conference for example: TT says he doesn't know what type of skills the zone blocking scheme requires (or something to that effect).

Then the very next question, he goes on to describe the skills B-Jack possess to make him a good fit in a ZB scheme. :doh:

It's funny reading some of his quotes that make him look dumb.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
You gotta admit though, he comes off like an idiot at times because he isn't one to naturally give things away.

Like todays press conference for example: TT says he doesn't know what type of skills the zone blocking scheme requires (or something to that effect).

Then the very next question, he goes on to describe the skills B-Jack possess to make him a good fit in a ZB scheme. :doh:

It's funny reading some of his quotes that make him look dumb.

Did you watch it?

I did. It comes off not as dumb when you watch it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ted reminds me of George W. Bush when he talks.

LOL.... Hmmm Bush is way more animated than Ted... Ted "only" plays the part of the disconnected leader when speaking...

Sometime Ted is too vague for his own good and comes off looking silly... but he is more put together than he shows. He is a poor public speaker, case closed.

Latest posts