Get Jerry Porter in GB?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Get Porter?

all about da packers said:
Ah RP, I have missed you buddy.

Can you adress the injuries that Porter has suffered? Where they freak accidents, or is Porter something of a liability when it comes to injuries?

Also, what type of character does Porter have?

Jerry has had a few challenges with his Hamstring.

He was the leading receiver for the Raiders in 2004 and had a hamstring injury in camp the year they signed Moss.

He has a very good character, he took the singing of Moss real well and said he just wanted to make his plays, get healthy, make his plays and contribute, and do what it takes to make a give a receiver like Moss the opportunity to contribute as much as possible with his talent.

He was a little pissed last year but that is understandable for a player that has given his all, developed, worked on his game and was still in the shadow of Moss.

RP

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Get Porter?

Raider Pride said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Jerry Porter fizzled after one good year, he is quite massive though.

Arrow I love you, but think about what you just typed.

Jerry’s most productive year for catches was last year and he had 76.

Sure he turns 28 in July, but he still has some grease on those wheels.

Jerry Porter would be a great pick up for the Pack and the Pack would be a great pick up for Jerry.

As a Raider fan I will tell you that this is not a situation where he had one good year and fizzled out.

Porter has flat out speed and that is why Al targeted him out of the draft. He can run a fly pattern with the best of them and Brett would love him. He also as he showed last year with Collins throwing him suicide passes, that he has above average soft hands, and is willing to take hit while going over the middle.

Jerry has a reason for being upset with the Raiders. He was a third receiver and could have been a 1 or 2 with most teams in the last 3 years. He thought he had the opportunity until Al signed Randy, and I will tell you this with all conviction…. Randy benefited by having Jerry running a fly because teams had to cover Porter.

Jerry Porter is no slouch and would be a great asset to the Pack.

RP

Raider i love you more, but man, you sound like every other Raider fan in my city waiting for Porter to live up to his potential. i actually enjoy watching him play, i get to see him perform in person about 3 times a year. he's had the opportunity to be the star receiver that he was supposed to be more than a few times, but he's just not in that elite catergory. for god's sake, it's an event when he eclipses 50 YPG!

all of that being said...yes, the Packers would be blessed to have him. our WR depth needs a shot in the arm and Porter would indeed be an upgrade. but i know what to expect if he arrived...

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Get Joey Porter in GB?

Come on TT get Porter, we are riding high from a pretty nice draft so take it to the next level with a nice WR signing

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i dont see it happening. TT just spent several draft picks on possible compliments to Driver.... so now our depth chart has like 9 guys and those draft picks that lost a roster spot to jerry porter would be wasted picks.

but hopefully its true cause even at his underacheiving self right now. he is still a solid number 2 with an upside.b

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I too would like to see him in GB. From what little I know about him, he seems to be able to pop some huge games each year, and is, at least, solid and would add a real comfort level to our receiving crew.

However, Packnic seems right on...TT won't want to bring in ANOTHER wr for the reasons already stated..unless he swaps Fergy in the deal.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

good call i forgot about the possibility of trading fergy.

i say seriously send fergy and ahmad carrol for porter.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It would be nice to have him here opposite Koren Robinson.

I wonder if Oakland would be interested in a 6'7" rookie center?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:

I don't think Al Davis is dumb enough to take Carroll :D ...and I'm not necessarily saying send Fergy (although he makes most sense)...but for this to work, I'd think you'd need to package a wr in there somehow.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes...yes...yes...get Porter in here. That would be a definite upgrade. Let's see....Driver/Porter/Jennings and Gardner...I like! :D

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Guys, as stupid as I think Al Davis is, I don't think he's dumb enough to give up Porter for Fergie and a conditional pick lower than a 2. Unlike Walker, Porter has been healthy for 5 years, hasn't ripped up his knee, and has always been rather productive. His market value has got to be higher than Walker's. I'd be dissappointed in TT if he gave up a 2 or more to get Porter. Ferguson can't help a whole lot, because I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give more than a 5 for the guy.

I'd love to see Porter a Packer, but it would shock me to see TT pay at or above market value to get him, or to see Al Davis let him go for less than fair market value.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Probably a typo. I'm hoping the guy who started the thread knows who Jerry Porter is.

And since you're getting on people for typos, it's "doctor," *******. :lol:

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

gopackgo4 said:
who is jerry porter
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!

Thank you, that made my day.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:

why would the raiders want either one of those guys

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

because Al davis is ****ing crazy and stupid at the same time.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

gopackgo4 said:
what please tell me?
Jerry Porter is a WR that plays for Oakland. We may be trading for him. HE IS WHO THIS ENTIRE ****ING THREAD IS ABOUT.

Staff online

Latest posts