GET IT DONE CAMPAIGN

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
SuperRat said:
Wow why can't fans let the people whose full time jobs are to get the best players for the team for reasonable money do their bloody jobs. If TT doesn't do a satisfactory job IE doesn't improve the team over 3 or so years then get somebody else. When you hire somebody to do a job you let them do it without second guessing every move before any real results are shown.

It didn't take me and many others here in Packerland 6 years to figure out the Mike Sherman was NOT the right guy for either job (GM/HC)...and it's taken less time for me to figure out that TT is not the answer for the Packers either.....

There's an old saying..and it applies to TT..

"Don't **** on my head son..and tell me its a rainin.."

If HC's can be fired for a bad year..why can't GM's..TT is making the wrong moves (or no moves..) and taking the long route in trying to build a championship team..and there's no guaranteeing he will ever do so..

I don't know how or why some of you "ingrates" place TT above Favre in terms of what they've both done for the GB Packer organization..

but let me set the record straight here...

Brett Favre has done more for the Green Bay Packers than TT has done, and in all likelihood will ever do..!

Is it such a crime for Favre to want TT to do a better job so that he can step in and lead the Pack back to greatness???

(As I've stated before..once Favre is gone...the Packers will have plenty of time to SUCK...and rebuild..!)

Is D. Levens the reincarnation of P@ck66? :p

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah. I guess many people have figured this out already. I felt kind of smart there for a few seconds.... :p

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
[quote="Greg C.":39ep0u4u]This is an interesting idea. Let the fans be the GM. This whole Favre thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder. The more I read about stuff like this, the more I hope he retires so we can put all this crap behind us.

Yes..Greg..

but will you be saying that if your faith in TT is misplaced and he ends up being the person who drives Favre out of GB AND GM's the Packers right down the crapper in 2-3 years...???

Or will you be like some people here who will probably blame Favre for TT's incompetence and failures 2-3 years after he retires...?[/quote:39ep0u4u]

I don't have any "faith" in Ted Thompson. So far I'm not very impressed with what he's done, and I've said it many times already. If I had to bet right now on whether he will return this team to prominence or put them into the crapper, I would bet on the crapper. But he's the GM of the Packers, and I prefer to keep an open mind about how good (or bad) he'll turn out to be.

Nobody is driving Favre out of Green Bay. There are ten million dollars sitting on the table that belong to him if he wants to claim them and play another year.

If Thompson fails, it is possible that Favre will contribute to his failure. I have always thought that Jimmy Johnson failed in Miami because he was stuck with Dan Marino, who played two years longer than he should have. I always thought Favre would avoid making that mistake, because he always said he would hang it up when his skills began to decline. That hasn't happened yet, at least not in terms of physical skills, but by Favre's own admission, he is not mentally into the game as much as he used to be. It's time for him to retire and let a new era begin.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
[quote="D.Levens":95rwfuyc][quote="Greg C.":95rwfuyc]This is an interesting idea. Let the fans be the GM. This whole Favre thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder. The more I read about stuff like this, the more I hope he retires so we can put all this crap behind us.

Yes..Greg..

but will you be saying that if your faith in TT is misplaced and he ends up being the person who drives Favre out of GB AND GM's the Packers right down the crapper in 2-3 years...???

Or will you be like some people here who will probably blame Favre for TT's incompetence and failures 2-3 years after he retires...?[/quote:95rwfuyc]

I don't have any "faith" in Ted Thompson. So far I'm not very impressed with what he's done, and I've said it many times already. If I had to bet right now on whether he will return this team to prominence or put them into the crapper, I would bet on the crapper. But he's the GM of the Packers, and I prefer to keep an open mind about how good (or bad) he'll turn out to be.

Nobody is driving Favre out of Green Bay. There are ten million dollars sitting on the table that belong to him if he wants to claim them and play another year.

If Thompson fails, it is possible that Favre will contribute to his failure. I have always thought that Jimmy Johnson failed in Miami because he was stuck with Dan Marino, who played two years longer than he should have. I always thought Favre would avoid making that mistake, because he always said he would hang it up when his skills began to decline. That hasn't happened yet, at least not in terms of physical skills, but by Favre's own admission, he is not mentally into the game as much as he used to be. It's time for him to retire and let a new era begin.[/quote:95rwfuyc]

Brett will decide when it's time to retire but I think the point many are trying to make is that TT may be speeding up this decision and when that many people are making the same point, there has to be some validity to it and thus should not be ignored !!!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The people that think that TT is trying to get Favre to retire are thinking so for no real reason. The only possible explanation would be that TT isn't going to improve the team in hopes that Favre sees that the team isn't getting better and thus retiring. That is ridiculous. He wants Favre to retire so bad that he is going to risk his own job? I highly doubt that. The line of reasoning he would have to go about that is Arrr i hate brett favre im going to make the team suck so he leaves and i don't care if i get fired for sucking. I'm inclined to think that Thompson is nowhere near that stupid.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may be right, but if you are then there are a lot of us "stupid people" out there at the moment including "Brett" it seems because he is still waiting. No sarcasim intended here SuperRat !!!

Members online

Latest posts