GET IT DONE CAMPAIGN

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just over at the Official Brett Favre Site and for those who might be interested, they have started a "Get R Done" campaign to show some public support for getting TT to make the right moves and get Brett back.

This is just for your information as I have no need or desire to debate what the end result of this might be, but for those of you that are interested in sending a piece of you mind to the front office I have provided you the link with the Fax, Phone and email to say"Get R Done"

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum ... sc&start=0

Direct Email is mailto: [email protected]

Cheers !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i stopped looking when i seen a poster say:

Does anyone have the phone number? Maybe the stockholders board could call an emergency meeting and find out what the .... is going on?
---------------

call the stockholders! TT isnt doing what we want him to do! call the president!

lol.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of kids posting on that site trom but that doesn't mean they can't voice opinions !!!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow why can't fans let the people whose full time jobs are to get the best players for the team for reasonable money do their bloody jobs. If TT doesn't do a satisfactory job IE doesn't improve the team over 3 or so years then get somebody else. When you hire somebody to do a job you let them do it without second guessing every move before any real results are shown.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
There are a lot of kids posting on that site trom but that doesn't mean they can't voice opinions !!!

i never said that cant. they're people. they're little people.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Wow why can't fans let the people whose full time jobs are to get the best players for the team for reasonable money do their bloody jobs. If TT doesn't do a satisfactory job IE doesn't improve the team over 3 or so years then get somebody else. When you hire somebody to do a job you let them do it without second guessing every move before any real results are shown.

By this logic I guess you would never second guess your President or in my case my Prime Minister etc etc. I really don't want to debate this but if you don't question anything in your life the term for this type of attitude is called " Sheep"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he means, give them adequate time to judge them.

TT is in his 2nd year of GM'ing and MM hasnt even had a chance to show us GB Fans what he's got..

but we're demanding the stockholders be called? Get outta here. OUT!

ps - prime minister? Hehehehe, just like on TV!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind questioning. I think it is a good thing to look at what is going on and discuss what you like and dislike about who they are signing and I understand concerns about how TT isn't using the salary cap money. I just think in this case there are a bunch of people that see us not signing every big name free agent and equate that with not wanting to win. It is much more complicated than that. The organization has scouts and coaches that look to find the best player that can fit into their particular system. They are much more knowledgeable about what they are doing than the average fan. I'd rather see this team winning than see the team aquiring all sorts of big name free agents and getting excited and then let down when it is realized that the players they got don't fit with the system and cause the team to lose. I don't see any other way of evaluating a GM or a coach other than by results because we don't know all of what goes on in the organization. If what Ted Thompson does causes us to have more losing seasons then yes by all means try to get him fired. If he turns out like Matt Millen in Detroit then yes carry signs calling for his firing.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bah, this is just forum tomfoolery. I thought it was something that Brett started himself until I clicked the link. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im gonna email the admin of the official brett favre page and say

"LET THEM WORK"

hehehe...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know of many free agents that were out there that I would have liked the Packers to get other than Kampmann, Henderson, Jurevicious and tag Longwell.
Pickett and Boerigter were okay. Manuel was overspent.

49 million contract with 16 up front for a veteran guard?

Teams are smarter. They are not letting good players like Wahle and Sharper just go without letting them work out a trade or something.

If Woodson is obtained I do not want him to be signed to more than 2 maybe three years.

Before the criticism I would like examples of who they missed out on.
I named 2 but they are not as much the priority as the others.
As much as I like Brett I want him to play through 2008 because by then the Packers will be back in the playoffs.

I did not see that much out there this year. Who did they miss out on?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Does anyone have the phone number? Maybe the stockholders board could call an emergency meeting and find out what the .... is going on?
---------------

call the stockholders! TT isnt doing what we want him to do! call the president!

lol.

I stopped reading yours when it started "I stopped looking when I SEEN a poster say"

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SuperRat said:

It didn't take me and many others here in Packerland 6 years to figure out the Mike Sherman was NOT the right guy for either job (GM/HC)...and it's taken less time for me to figure out that TT is not the answer for the Packers either.....

There's an old saying..and it applies to TT..

"Don't **** on my head son..and tell me its a rainin.."

If HC's can be fired for a bad year..why can't GM's..TT is making the wrong moves (or no moves..) and taking the long route in trying to build a championship team..and there's no guaranteeing he will ever do so..

I don't know how or why some of you "ingrates" place TT above Favre in terms of what they've both done for the GB Packer organization..

but let me set the record straight here...

Brett Favre has done more for the Green Bay Packers than TT has done, and in all likelihood will ever do..!

Is it such a crime for Favre to want TT to do a better job so that he can step in and lead the Pack back to greatness???

(As I've stated before..once Favre is gone...the Packers will have plenty of time to SUCK...and rebuild..!)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe Brett Favre should become GM, apparently you think he is better suited for the job.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Well maybe Brett Favre should become GM, apparently you think he is better suited for the job.

Wow! That is a great thought.
I would wish it would happen. I think he would be very successful as the Packer GM.
I bet not everyone (including the Head Coach) wouldn't be in the dark about what he is thinking and I bet he would even be "in town" when prospective players came to visit.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an interesting idea. Let the fans be the GM. This whole Favre thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder. The more I read about stuff like this, the more I hope he retires so we can put all this crap behind us.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fantasy football causes stuff like this. People think that they can manage a team better than the actually GM and don't realize what it really takes.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
This is an interesting idea. Let the fans be the GM. This whole Favre thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder. The more I read about stuff like this, the more I hope he retires so we can put all this crap behind us.

Yes..Greg..

but will you be saying that if your faith in TT is misplaced and he ends up being the person who drives Favre out of GB AND GM's the Packers right down the crapper in 2-3 years...???

Or will you be like some people here who will probably blame Favre for TT's incompetence and failures 2-3 years after he retires...?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

---------------

lol.

I stopped reading yours when it started "I stopped looking when I SEEN a poster say"

um, ok.

Here's a better idea, instead of not reading my posts, DON'T RESPOND TO THEM.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now boys........do i need to put you in the corner for a "time out???" (I hate those "time outs!" My "time out" when i was a kid was a whack on my BUTT! I learned REAL quick to behave!)
Anyway..........it all will be over soon. I think i'll just sit back and let it happen (which would happen whether i got involved or not!) NONE of us has any say in what happens Favre wise, so why get so worked up? I WAS worked up for awhile too, but i think the "soap opera" has finally made me care alot less then i did before. (I HATE soap operas! The ONLY one i ever liked was "Dark Shadows" from the 70's!)
I want Favre back for one more year, just for the fun of watching him play. If he's not there, then i got to see his last game in person, and i will cheer for the next Packer QB, as i did for all the ones before Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as you use your timeouts better than Sherman did. :)

If Favre comes back for 1 more year only, and we know beforehand...

Every loss will be a huge blow, and it will be magnified. All of us will be more sad than normal, and we'll hate on MM and TT, the trainer, the OC, the DC, the president more than we probably should. We, of course, don't want to see Favre leave on a losing note.

I'm gonna be a sad panda though,

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
as long as you use your timeouts better than Sherman did. :)

If Favre comes back for 1 more year only, and we know beforehand...

Every loss will be a huge blow, and it will be magnified. All of us will be more sad than normal, and we'll hate on MM and TT, the trainer, the OC, the DC, the president more than we probably should. We, of course, don't want to see Favre leave on a losing note.

I'm gonna be a sad panda though,

OH.......that Sherman timeouts line got me!!!!! GOOD one Trom!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts