Geronimo Allison suspended for first game regular season for violating substance abuse policy

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While not even on a roster of all times either. At least I don't think he was. Oh well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would rather they give him the one game suspension for his really disgusting Tweets than than the Maryjane!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stupids will live and learn. hopefully he is mature now that he won't do stupid things to jeopardize his chance at being a great receiver.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen to Ezekiel Elliott. He made the news again today. Not surprised. He's an Ohio State product after all.:confused:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stupids will live and learn. hopefully he is mature now that he won't do stupid things to jeopardize his chance at being a great receiver.
Come on, it's pot. The people who are stupid and need to mature are crooked politicians. Drinking a cup of coffee is worse for his health.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 game no biggie. I have a bold prediction that Gmo has better statistical season than Cobb. Call me crazy, but I think it's possible. Health has been an issue for Cobb and that plays into my prediction!

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 game no biggie. I have a bold prediction that Gmo has better statistical season than Cobb. Call me crazy, but I think it's possible. Health has been an issue for Cobb and that plays into my prediction!
I don't think that's so crazy, Cobb has been a major disappointment the last several years, especially when you factor in what he's getting paid to put up the mediocre stats he does.

D

Deleted member 6794

While not even on a roster of all times either. At least I don't think he was. Oh well.

You're right that Allison technically wasn't on an NFL roster at the time he was pulled over by police on September 4 as he was released by the Packers 24 hours earlier and signed to their practice squad the next day.

I have a bold prediction that Gmo has better statistical season than Cobb. Call me crazy, but I think it's possible. Health has been an issue for Cobb and that plays into my prediction!

I don't think that's so crazy, Cobb has been a major disappointment the last several years, especially when you factor in what he's getting paid to put up the mediocre stats he does.

While it's true that Cobb hasn't performed up to his contract a lot of fans don't realize he has caught 139 passes for 1,439 yards and 10 touchdowns over the past two seasons while not dropping a single ball in 2016

It's completely unrealistic to expect Allison, who has a total of 12 career receptions, to put up better numbers than Cobb.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's true that Cobb hasn't performed up to his contract a lot of fans don't realize he has caught 139 passes for 1,439 yards and 10 touchdowns over the past two seasons while not dropping a single ball in 2016
exactly! and SO many huge catches for first downs to keep drives alive. people need to forget his contract. they had to pay that to keep him. can you image what the team would have been without him? smh

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy rule from NFL.

What he does in his free time should be none of NFL business. All this pseudo-policing is above and beyond the purview of NFL.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, it's pot. The people who are stupid and need to mature are crooked politicians. Drinking a cup of coffee is worse for his health.

health debate is another topic. it's the legality of it and he knew it was ILLEGAL. NOW if it was legal then that would be a different story. I agree if it was legal then go ahead and smoke till you drop. after all it is "healthier" than alcohol.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right that Allison technically wasn't on an NFL roster at the time he was pulled over by police on September 4 as he was released by the Packers 24 hours earlier and signed to their practice squad the next day.

It's completely unrealistic to expect Allison, who has a total of 12 career receptions, to put up better numbers than Cobb.
...........and Cobb is not being caught doing stupid off field antics, no matter how small they may be.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just glancing thru some old stuff for timing, cut one day, smokes weed the next gets signed to the practice squad a day later. anyway, one thing struck me in an article when he was announced as a cut. They said they preferred Allison over Trevor Davis and over Devante Adams LOL. So much for their keen eye on talent LOL

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I guess the part where the use of pot is strictly against NFL policy, along with being mostly illegal, escapes your mind completely. :confused:

mongoosev said it perfectly. It's against the rules. And because it's against the rules, it shows a lack of maturity, and a lack of judgment on Geronimo's part to use it, knowing that it could cost him.

I enjoy drinking beer. But if it were illegal, and my place of work tested for it, I would stop drinking it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it may show "lack of maturity", but when a undrafted rookie is found with weed around his person the day after he was cut after training camp, i'm not going to put him in with the rest of the criminal population if you know what I mean. and I think people would be floored if they knew just what everyone they ever held in high esteem actually did behind closed doors.

People do what they want and accept what they want. For some weed is devil plant, yet they can smack their wives around. For some it's illegal, but illegal like going 60 in a 55. For some it's the devil and they don't even curse either. Kudos to them and there's room for it in every moral position in between. Myself, I don't care. If he was caught with 300lbs and was delivering it to grade school kids along with some **** and heroine, I might have a different position.

or if it was his 5th time. But considering the circumstances, I'm not going to hold too much against him. He seems like a good kid and I hope he takes a big step forward this year. Elliot on the other hand has always come across and a **** IMO. and this opinion has nothing to do with him playing for OH State or the Cowboys, but those things sure don't help his case :)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
it may show "lack of maturity", but when a undrafted rookie is found with weed around his person the day after he was cut after training camp, i'm not going to put him in with the rest of the criminal population if you know what I mean. and I think people would be floored if they knew just what everyone they ever held in high esteem actually did behind closed doors.

People do what they want and accept what they want. For some weed is devil plant, yet they can smack their wives around. For some it's illegal, but illegal like going 60 in a 55. For some it's the devil and they don't even curse either. Kudos to them and there's room for it in every moral position in between. Myself, I don't care. If he was caught with 300lbs and was delivering it to grade school kids along with some **** and heroine, I might have a different position.

or if it was his 5th time. But considering the circumstances, I'm not going to hold too much against him. He seems like a good kid and I hope he takes a big step forward this year. Elliot on the other hand has always come across and a **** IMO. and this opinion has nothing to do with him playing for OH State or the Cowboys, but those things sure don't help his case :)
That's fine and I really don't disagree with much, but he has to understand that multiple incidences like this one could cost him a great career in the NFL. It was just one small mistake, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

D

Deleted member 6794

What he does in his free time should be none of NFL business. All this pseudo-policing is above and beyond the purview of NFL.

The NFL is extremely worried about public perception. You have to realize that players while being on their free time still have to abide by the rules set forth by the league as they're either under contract with a team or looking for a job with another one.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The NFL is extremely worried about public perception. You have to realize that players while being on their free time still have to abide by the rules set forth by the league as they're either under contract with a team or looking for a job with another one.
Always protect the shield is Goodell's motto.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Totally agree with you that the NFL has become super sensitive/aware to these kinds of things and I think for the most part, it is a good thing, something the league lacked for too many years. Just imagine if the NFL could roll back to a player's behavior in College, some of these guys may have never made it to the NFL. Of course, some of them never change and those behaviors occur again, even after they have become "men" in the NFL making millions.

Members online

Latest posts