Geronimo Allison signed 1 year deal

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you read all my posts regarding this you would see he played in the slot at Washington a lot more so it's not like he has never done it. He has the skill set to be effective there. He would be as good as Cobb without the injury bug.

I don't disagree with you that this WR corp is something to brag about. I also don't disagree that they have to bring someone in for some competition to see who is ready or not. I agree with you that they are possibly wasting away the last few years with Rodgers and could be in for an ugly awakening when they get the call that he is retiring. Matter of fact, I think most people in this thread agree with you on those things.

But Ryan Grant is not the answer, and that is fine. I saw Pierre Garcon was let go and thought he'd be a good veteran presence on the team and is used to the volume of targets. But someone corrected me and said, "so sign an order version of Cobb?" and I realized how foolish I sounded. You saw some names in the FA market, threw a dart that landed on Ryan Grant and choosing to ride his horse. Just picking non-existent arguments with no facts.

Rodgers did not elevate the rookies last year, or Graham and we can debate who is the cause of that. This will be an interesting year on where this offense is at. I hope we can all come back in a year and laugh at how wrong were were when we thought MVS, EQB and Allison weren't cut out for their roles.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its very sadening the Packer front office has left us so weaponless on offense. Its a tragedy actually.

offense is not set up to succeed. In fact it has the makings of a disaster.

I can understand if we are discussing Brown/Odell caliber player....but all this negativism for Grant? And Grant would turn our offence tragedy/disaster into a winning team?

I mean Grant...seriously? Unbelievable! :speechless:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you read all my posts regarding this you would see he played in the slot at Washington a lot more so it's not like he has never done it. He has the skill set to be effective there. He would be as good as Cobb without the injury bug.

Do you remember how good Cobb was?

If Grant was that good, he would have played more. That's a fantasy land statement.

Reaction score
I think it’s important enough to retool the position with a young and talented player from the draft somewhere in that #30-#75 range.
That is, if we don’t find a low cost veteran answer in the meantime. It sounds like salary cap is becoming prohibitive though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Do you remember how good Cobb was?

If Grant was that good, he would have played more. That's a fantasy land statement.

I am not talking about "How good Cobb WAS". I am talking about right now. I say right now they are equal with Grant coming cheaper.

I am also not saying that Grant will restore us to glory but he adds depth at the slot position which could be crucial late in a season.

D

Deleted member 6794

He was great the 8% of the slot he played in last year.

Allison was the least productive receiver out of the slot for the Packers last season.

If you read all my posts regarding this you would see he played in the slot at Washington a lot more so it's not like he has never done it.

If you read my reply to it you would have realized that Grant didn't line up in the slot that much with Washington either. But öet facts get in your way.

I am also not saying that Grant will restore us to glory but he adds depth at the slot position which could be crucial late in a season.

The Packers need a starter capable pf primarily lining up in the slot though. Grant doesn't fit that bill.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison was the least productive receiver out of the slot for the Packers last season.

That was in response to Brandon loving Ryan Grant in the slot, all 8% he played last year and the 15% the previous season. It is to be read with sarcasm. Was I supposed to italic it?

D

Deleted member 6794

That was in response to Brandon loving Ryan Grant in the slot, all 8% he played last year and the 15% the previous season. It is to be read with sarcasm. Was I supposed to italic it?

Sorry, it seems I misunderstood your post. Thought you were talking about Allison's performance in the slot.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts