General NFL Talk

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning retires.

Potentially a future HoF candidate. Not a first ballot, but will get in still.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of doubt about whether or not he deserves it. I have no problem with it, he did win two Super Bowls. Stinks that he went through us at Lambeau both times to get them.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he has a better case than many other quarterbacks who are already in. Why shouldn’t he make it?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Manning should get in 2X SB MVP should be enough to qualify, you have players with no SB no MVP’s that are in HOF..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he belongs at all. Barely average QB with some outstanding defenses and some of the craziest catches by WR's you'll ever see to get those Super Bowls. I think the bar needs to be raised for the HOF instead of letting anyone with a name and wins in these days. I'd never vote for that level of performance from a QB in this day and age to get in the HOF

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don't think he belongs at all. Barely average QB with some outstanding defenses and some of the craziest catches by WR's you'll ever see to get those Super Bowls. I think the bar needs to be raised for the HOF instead of letting anyone with a name and wins in these days. I'd never vote for that level of performance from a QB in this day and age to get in the HOF
But Mondio he was average in the stats, but where it counted was winning the SB and he was MVP twice and that’s a pretty high accomplishment that a lot of big name QB’s haven’t achieved

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Mondio he was average in the stats, but where it counted was winning the SB and he was MVP twice and that’s a pretty high accomplishment that a lot of big name QB’s haven’t achieved
He wasn’t an MVP in either. I remember nothing from him. I remember defense and some guys that were basically forgettable receivers making unforgettable catches.

at no point ever has he ever carried a team or been anything more than a along for the ride. Barely average is all he is as a QB .

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’m not a Manning fan at all, but his career stats were better than Troy Aikman who lined up behind and 80’s and 90’s Dallas team, even Warren Moon who got in on first ballot was about average as they get, even Bob Greise on that 72 undefeated Dolphins team was average, that year he had very good running attack, so the HOF hardy has had all superior talent in there, I agree with you on that. The Name Manning will get him there but not on the first few ballots.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Manning played very well in his prime. Great accuracy, decent arm and a very good command of the offense. After the 2nd SB, he stared declining. I think he put less work in and his play began to suffer.

I think he deserves to get in.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably means Holmgren gets in one day, and I don't think he's a HOF coach either.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone seen the new Netflix documentary on Aaron Hernandez? Truly a sad tale for all the parties involved.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It often makes me think these sportsmen are paid such vast amounts of money, and have far too much time to misuse it. I know the Hernandez case isn`t about money but I wonder about it attracting the wrong sort around them. In the UK, so many young sportsmen who are paid ridiculous amounts of money and go off the rails because of it. Nobody has the strength to tell them no. We have so many after the career is over admit to drinking and gambling addictions during their careers.
Hernandez was surrounded by the wrong people.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hernandez was just a bad dude and surrounded himself with these people. It takes a special kind of person to do what he did. I think he would have found bad stuff to do no matter who was around.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think Hernandez was just a bad dude and surrounded himself with these people. It takes a special kind of person to do what he did. I think he would have found bad stuff to do no matter who was around.

That`s my point.....too much money and too much time on his hands. That documentary made him a bit of a victim himself. I didn`t buy it I`m afraid.
It WAS interesting to see the Patriots did a free shirt swap for his number and the number of fans who would not believe he was guilty.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NFL offensive tackle Greg Robinson and free agent wide receiver Quan Bray were arrested at the Sierra Blanca border checkpoint near the United States and Mexico border this week, according to an official statement from the Department of Justice in the Western District of Texas. The statement, provided by ESPN's Adam Schefter, alleges that Robinson and Bray were in possession of 157 pounds of marijuana which was stored inside several large duffle bags in the rear cargo area of a vehicle they were driving. TMZ was first to report this story.

157 pounds of marijuana, wtf! :roflmao:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts