Game 15 vs Cleveland [pregame and post game thread]

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone have a clip of that play. I missed it and the replay but heard them talking about it. It sounds like this may be a rule that needs clarification. Something like the Bengals Jets game when the ball carrier lowers his head into a defender causing a helmet to helmet collision which then gets called on the defender who would have hit the player in the stomach had he (the ball carrier) not lowered his head.

I'm generally not for more rules or adding more subjectivity to existing ones but these types of calls need to be looked at closer.
Agreed and a good analogy (head to head). I totally get the rule, but as I have heard from some announcers and agree with them, they really need to define it better and only call it when it violates its intended purpose. In the case of the "low block", if its obvious that the defender was taking out the lead blockers legs, of course its a penalty. I actually would call that a "personal foul with intent to injure a player". Same with head to head. Way too many times the ball carrier lowers their head to meet the tackler, who happens to be lowering his head to try and prevent a head to head and how exactly that is deemed to be solely the fault of the guy tackling is beyond me.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That looked more like a milk crate ;)
Actually it was one of those step exerciser thingies I just found in my basement that was still in the box. My ex bought it for me one Christmas when she tried to convince me I need to make a New Years resolution to lose weight.

Now that I think about it I did lose weight that year. About 110 pounds if you believe her drivers license.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like Savage was diving and whiffing at a tackle attempt. Granted the olineman was in his way. There was no targeting or helmet to helmet. My problem is why are they calling this now when they haven't all season?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like Savage was diving and whiffing at a tackle attempt. Granted the olineman was in his way. There was no targeting or helmet to helmet. My problem is why are they calling this now when they haven't all season?
Have you seen every play from every game this year to know they haven't called it?

Reaction score
Idk. You can’t touch the helmet, you can’t helmet to Helmet, you can’t hit low, you can’t hit high, can’t involve your helmet even if you lead shoulder pad, you can’t use your hands above the shoulder pads, you can’t touch the shoulder pads, you can’t grab the jersey, you can’t play the ball and interfere, you can’t brush the face mask, you can’t step on players or their toes?
What does Suh think of these rules??!