Game 15 vs Cleveland [pregame and post game thread]

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Christmas afternoon. Browns lost a Covid delayed Monday night game only to have to travel up the lakes to play Green Bay on Saturday.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, this game arguably has/had me more worried than any other home game when I saw the schedule. With their Monday night loss, they went from a fairly high seed to now clawing and scraping for a spot in the crowded AFC. This is a deadly combination to go up against.

That said, we have a chance to go unblemished at home, we have Aaron Rodgers and "getting healthier" I still say we make it happen and go 34-24 by the time the game washes out.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleveland is a lot like Minnesota in that when they put it together, they are good, but they can't maintain it for more than a season or two. Then they return to hit and miss every few games for half a decade.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland is a lot like Minnesota in that when they put it together, they are good, but they can't maintain it for more than a season or two. Then they return to hit and miss every few games for half a decade.

If Nick Mullens is the starter Saturday, I feel pretty good about GB's chances.

If its Baker Mayfield, he'll give the Pack a game.

In the end, however, Green Bay has the better quarterback and more talent overall and playing at Lambeau doesn't hurt either.

Go Pack Go!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As usual O will start slow, D will roll over some and ST will **** up stuff...before we rally around HT and take over the game.

13 - 10 at HT and 27 - 16 to the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Nick Mullens is the starter Saturday, I feel pretty good about GB's chances.

If its Baker Mayfield, he'll give the Pack a game.

While Mayfield definitely is an upgrade over Mullens but he has hardly performed at a good level this season.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Looking at some of the stats, the Browns and Packers are very similar teams. There's no real advantage in ppg, turnovers, or defensive ppg. I think the one big difference between the two is how they get to where they are offensively. The Packers are one of the best passing teams in the league. The Browns are one of the best rushing teams in the league. They have a couple of good running backs in Chubb and Hunt. Hunt is on the Covid list and might not play. Still, Chubb is a force. I hope we have Clark back to help contain him. This is a passing league and that gives the advantage to the Packers. Passing, there's more opportunities for PI and rushing there's more chances at offensive holding. Not that I want refs being part of the game it is just reality.

I like the Packers better in this one simply because of the passing game and Aaron Rodgers. Neither team turns the ball over a lot, but if Baker is back I like our chances to get at least one. For me the Packers just have the better QB in this one and that's why they win. Packers 31 Browns 21

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A trap game? The Browns are going to be a very desperate team so I'm expecting a game. Packers do just enough to pull it out 24-20.

Krabs

Reaction score
While Mayfield definitely is an upgrade over Mullens but he has hardly performed at a good level this season.
Baker Mayfield is behind Lamar Jackson, Taylor Heinicke and Jalen Hurts for yardage. He only has 13 TD passes on the season. In comparison, Rodgers has 30. He only has 7 interceptions on the season, but I think we can get one from him. The Browns will be playing keep up and have to pass more than they would like. Just a quick prediction for you there.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The good news for the Packers is that Mayfield, Stafanski and quite a few players are still on the Covid list until Saturday, unless they test out early. That means none of those guys are practicing with the team this week and in the case of Mayfield and Stafanski, would have to travel to Green Bay on their own Saturday. If Garrett can't play or is very limited by his groin injury, even better. Chase McLaughlin their UDFA K that has bounced around from team to team is also struggling as of late.

Of course we faced the Ravens backup QB and barely won that game, so nothing is guaranteed. However, I like our chances at home, against a team that just played on Monday night and won't have a full roster at practice all week. Rodgers Rolls 42-17

BernieBernie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Browns fan here. I’m making the trip from Houston up to GB for my first ever game at Lambeau. Fully expecting the Browns the get beat, only question is if we’ll make a game of it or not. We have only scored more than 16 points once in like our last 8 games or so. Defense has Been playing well but not consistently - we absolutely suck at complementary football. If our O plays well you can bet our D will give up points, and vice versa. Plus, Browns may be the worst team I’ve ever seen (not just this season, but every season) in the last 4 minutes of a close game. If we dont have a 3 score lead by then, chances are we’ll lose. If we just need A FG to tie or win, we cant move the ball. Only question in my mind Is whether we can make a game of it while still missing several key players to COVID and injury.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Browns fan here. I’m making the trip from Houston up to GB for my first ever game at Lambeau.
I hope your trip is a safe and fun one. Half my Family are Brown fans, so I have heard a lot of stories about the team and like you, them wondering if things will ever click for the franchise.

The way to beat the Packers is to frustrate Rodgers with a solid 3-4 man rush and cover his receivers like blankets. If the Browns can do that, they will stay in the game. The Packer Defense was doing well until about 3-4 games ago and now its kind of a mystery which defense will show up.

Just the little I hear and read about Baker Mayfield, if Rodgers is on the trading block this offseason, the Browns should get in on the bidding. I think something like Myles Garrett and 3 first rounders should do it. ;)

Enjoy!

Krabs

Reaction score
Browns fan here. I’m making the trip from Houston up to GB for my first ever game at Lambeau. Fully expecting the Browns the get beat, only question is if we’ll make a game of it or not. We have only scored more than 16 points once in like our last 8 games or so. Defense has Been playing well but not consistently - we absolutely suck at complementary football. If our O plays well you can bet our D will give up points, and vice versa. Plus, Browns may be the worst team I’ve ever seen (not just this season, but every season) in the last 4 minutes of a close game. If we dont have a 3 score lead by then, chances are we’ll lose. If we just need A FG to tie or win, we cant move the ball. Only question in my mind Is whether we can make a game of it while still missing several key players to COVID and injury.
That's a pretty great Christmas party. Enjoy!

Reaction score
As @Krabs already said, the Browns n Packers are very similar from a Defensive viewpoint. Literally +57 total yards between these Defensive units. The D tie breaker going GB for fewer points allowed.

Offensively the strength of the Browns is they are a great running team #5 overall in rushing yards. However, GB is #12 overall in Run Defense, so we’re not a pushover there. We actually match up decent there imo. We are relatively = in cumulative pass Defense.

However GB is substantially better in “Passing Offense”. Thats an area that sticks out.
The good news for the Packers is that Mayfield, Stafanski and quite a few players are still on the Covid list until Saturday, unless they test out early.
However, I like our chances at home, against a team that just played on Monday night and won't have a full roster at practice all week. Rodgers Rolls 42-17
IF Garrett really did pull a groin muscle? Those injuries don’t get better in 6 days or whatnot. He’s a huge part of their defense. We saw what a nagging injury can do with Aaron Donald last playoffs. It’s not how I like to win, but it’s a part of the game and all teams are banged up good by December.

We both have respectable Defenses this season. I see more our O firing on all cylinders again. We’ve scored 31, 45, 36, 31 in the last 4 consecutive games. We are one of the hottest Offenses in the league as of late and playing at home against a nicked up Browns (on a short week). I’ll just say, if our ST doesn’t implode and our Defense plays average range? Your score prediction isn’t unreasonable.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have only scored more than 16 points once in like our last 8 games or so......If we dont have a 3 score lead by then, chances are we’ll lose.
Tough to get a 3 score lead when you're only scoring 16 points a game! Cleveland has averaged 16.6 points over the last 9 games, but three of those times (Denver, Cincinnati, Baltimore wins) eclipsed 16 points.

Have a great time in Green Bay. Everybody should be well-behaved. Hopefully Mother Nature graces you with a nice snowfall throughout the game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Browns fans have to worry that the game won't be close. The Packers are too banged up to dominate a team and haven't blown anybody out this season. Packers could easily be 8-6 or even 7-7 if not for a 3 or 4 fortunate plays. While every team has close wins, the Packers offensive and defensive stats aren't that far off of the 7-7 Browns. Be prepared for another game that goes down to the wire.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Browns fans have to worry that the game won't be close. The Packers are too banged up to dominate a team and haven't blown anybody out this season. Packers could easily be 8-6 or even 7-7 if not for a 3 or 4 fortunate plays. While every team has close wins, the Packers offensive and defensive stats aren't that far off of the 7-7 Browns. Be prepared for another game that goes down to the wire.
Yeah, we usually stink it up and are a really mediocre team masquerading as the #1 team in the league. ;)

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns need to sign Bernie to come in and get trounced. I would be surprised if this one is close, but its hard to hate the Browns. At least they are tied with the queens for SB trophies.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at some of the stats, the Browns and Packers are very similar teams. There's no real advantage in ppg, turnovers, or defensive ppg. I think the one big difference between the two is how they get to where they are offensively. The Packers are one of the best passing teams in the league. The Browns are one of the best rushing teams in the league. They have a couple of good running backs in Chubb and Hunt. Hunt is on the Covid list and might not play. Still, Chubb is a force. I hope we have Clark back to help contain him. This is a passing league and that gives the advantage to the Packers. Passing, there's more opportunities for PI and rushing there's more chances at offensive holding. Not that I want refs being part of the game it is just reality.

I like the Packers better in this one simply because of the passing game and Aaron Rodgers. Neither team turns the ball over a lot, but if Baker is back I like our chances to get at least one. For me the Packers just have the better QB in this one and that's why they win. Packers 31 Browns 21
Kenny Clark returned to practice yesterday.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers has a chance to break Favre's TD record at home on Christmas along with put a strangle hold on the MVP race. He's going to put on an absolute show. The offense is clicking more and more by the week.

Packers big.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kevin Stefanski’s proclamation on Wednesday that ‘Chase is our kicker’ didn’t age well.

The Browns’ embattled kicker, Chase McLaughlin, tested positive for COVID-19 today. They activated K Chris Naggar from the PS. He has never played in an NFL game.

Former Packer and Browns starting C JC Tretter tested positive yesterday. I believe the Browns have 18 guys on the Covid Reserve list, including Baker Mayfield. Will be interesting to see how many get removed today or tomorrow.

Members online

Latest posts