Game 13 - NY Giants - Studs and Duds

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a truck driver and don't get to watch a lot if games live. Mostly listen on satellite while I drive then watch it later when I get home what wife recorded.

I happened to be home for the weekend including Monday. I been looking forward to finally see a live game.....

If wards could describe how disappointed and infuriating watching this S...Show made me feel.......

Looked to me as if the kids from small town of GB went to NY and partied it up all week, totally lost focus because you know we are GOOD NOW and teams just gonna roll over and die fir us if we just dress up fir it.

J-LO and all others. How many years you all been playing ball now? High-school, college and now pros.. and you still don't have a clue and can't execute basic rudimentary concepts&plays/thows

WTF WTF WTF.

Lafleurs play calling crap agein to top it off. Coaching stuff can't keep this undisciplined overpaid entitled CITY babies focused either.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Fire Barry end of season. I though maybe.. after last 3 games but F.. NO

J-LO missing open receivers in the flat after playing ball for how many years ? Not the QB of the future lock of ficus, lock of aggression lock of energy, passion, desire. Dude is just FLAT.

Final wards.................................WTF

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problems is that all of those players are injured. Walker, Stokes, and Alexander were all out. I know they have played well and won games without them, but at some point it starts catching up with you. Walker being out hurt.

Super dud: Barry who can't figure out how to stop the run to save his job. Even pulling out those previous games against better opponents they still ran wild on us.
Unfortunately I fear Barry isn't going anywhere else next year. IMO this is an indictment on MLF.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, middling then. The pass play doesn't count in his running stats. I like Dillon and hope they bring him back. The oline also didn't play well and that resulted in some bad carries for him as well. I'll agree to take him off the list. I just think we need more out of 15 carries. It's really an oline problem too.
For long stretches in the second half Dillon disappeared. I thought he might've been hurt. Yes, I know he isn't 100% but I have a feeling most of his teammates aren't either at this point in the season.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are starting to pick pepper out of fly dung. The team did not show up to play. Love was off all night - even off when WRs made the catch. Receivers running wrong routes. I won't bash the OL too much, as they didn't lose the game but didn't win it either. Nobody on defense played well, except backup LBs making fourth down stops here and there. This was an all around stinker, which is exactly what I thought would happen with such a young team.

The key is do they learn from it.
No, our OL was awful. The Giants have one of the worst DLs in the league and they dominated our guys.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went to the game and the studs were Giants fans (they were really fun and kind), Tyler Kraft and I really liked what I saw from Devonte Wyatt. Also shout to Ben Sims dad, great guy I met after the game.

Duds- Nixon was real bad, not sure what happened to Love and the play call on the 2 point conversion. Why didn’t they roll Love out and dump it off to Sims or Kraft?! Though the Packers did not deserve to win that game when Saquon literally gave them the opportunity.
It sounded on TV like there were a ton of Packers fans there last night.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I think this sums it up.
Some notes on my first rewatch:False start Elgton JenkinsMissed throw to Wicks for first down - puntPI on Carrington Valentine (awful call)Penalty on Anthony Johnson Jr (ST) blindside blockMissed throw to Dillon on 3rd downAwful punt by Whelan w/ personal foul on Rudy FordJordan Love FumbleBad challenge from MLF on the Robinson catch along the sidelineLove awful INT (maybe missed holding)Errant throw to Jayden ReedP. Taylor doesn't get out of boundsDrop by Doubs along the sidelineThibedaux bats down pass on 3rd down that would have been pickedKeisen Nixon fumbleMultiple missed tackles on ensuing td driveThrow to Dillon 10 yards behind the LOSLove miss to Wicks, should have been pickedLove sacked by Thibedeaux in red zone on 2nd & 5Jayden Reed can't locate the ball in the end zoneSoft coverage on 3rd and 9 to Bellinger, 1st down - drive ends in TDDe'Vondre Campbell can't locate the ball on flea flicker1st & 10 on Giants' 16----Reed reverse loses 2----Love to Toure caught outside of end zone----Love sacked ----Missed FG2nd & 5 on Giants 25 - 5 yard loss on toss to ReedLove underthrown to Toure in end zone - leads to FG attemptMalik Heath dropped TD (would redeem himself)Failed 2 point conversionNixon bet by Wandale Robinson

In case you don't have X.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Matt is beginning to see the light about dumping Barry?
I hope that’s the case, but on the other hand if it’s taken Matt THIS long and this many egregious failures from Barry for him to finally start seeing what every average Joe has observed for literal years now, that’s not super encouraging to me in itself…

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a drop. First, I think if they had called it a catch and TD, it would have stood on review. Second, he didn't drop it anyway. It was stripped by the defender.

Yup that thing was staying as called on the field, no review was going to overturn either way

Reaction score
That game could have easily been a win..... You cant turn it over 3 times and miss a field goal and expect to win. Dudes Love and Joe Berry for getting any sacks
I was going to say the same thing. We were -1 in the turnover column (and -10 in the game clock mismanagement)

I’m not too worried. We’ll win at least another game or three. Either we lose in wildcard, divisional or we pick in that top 16 area and that’s a very good player so I’m good either way. It’s been a fun season and we’re just too new for a deep playoff run in 2023 imo.

Should consider we were missing
Put those guys in and in 2024 get 1 more weapon in the mix like we did with Reed/Musgrave and maybe 1-2 more quality upgrades at OL and we’ll be putting up 24-28 points per game.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching some sports commentary this morning, can't remember who it was, but they said that Wink Martindale, the Giants DC, is a tricky fellow who throws lots of complicated schemes out there. And that a young guy like Jordan Love is probably going to struggle against them the first couple times he plays against them, because they are going to be confusing.

Now I don't know how much of that is true, but I thought it was an interesting take, and an explanation for why the offense was so flat at least. It might also explain in part why MLF seemed so apprehensive about this game. It also makes me wonder why we can't seem to find a decent DC. Capers when a guy who used complicated schemes, but he seemed to end up mostly confusing our own players. :confused:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - um, I guess some of the receivers like Wicks looked good. Kraft too.

Duds - I'll keep it short. The fact that we still can't stop the run after drafting defense over and over again. I have to give that dud to Barry. Matt LaFleur for some real bone headed decisions tonight with the challenge and some of the play calling. Last but not least, Nixon. Dude just wasn't it tonight.
Especially against a team that had lost Daniel Jones and has little to no passing attack. How do you slow down Mahommes but let Devito ruin you?

Reaction score
I was watching some sports commentary this morning, can't remember who it was, but they said that Wink Martindale, the Giants DC, is a tricky fellow who throws lots of complicated schemes out there. And that a young guy like Jordan Love is probably going to struggle against them the first couple times he plays against them, because they are going to be confusing.

Now I don't know how much of that is true, but I thought it was an interesting take, and an explanation for why the offense was so flat at least. It might also explain in part why MLF seemed so apprehensive about this game. It also makes me wonder why we can't seem to find a decent DC. Capers when a guy who used complicated schemes, but he seemed to end up mostly confusing our own players. :confused:
We got torn up for 200+ on the ground again. This was a game Barry 100% knew that they’d run it at us because we suck against the Run. Also it’s well known that Devito was a very mobile QB and he’s actually a good backup who’s pretty accurate in the short-medium game.

Barry gets a Dud from me because he allowed near 400 yards of opponent Offense and more than 50% of that was in the ground. We can’t continue to do that and it’s blatantly obvious he isn’t capable of fielding even a top 16 Run D when he knows it’s coming. Yes we’re top 10 area in scoring, but with the resources we’ve poured into D that’s a minimum expectation.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got torn up for 200+ on the ground again. This was a game Barry 100% knew that they’d run it at us because we suck against the Run. Also it’s well known that Devito was a very mobile QB and he’s actually a good backup who’s pretty accurate in the short-medium game.

Barry gets a Dud from me because he allowed near 400 yards of opponent Offense and more than 50% of that was in the ground. We can’t continue to do that and it’s blatantly obvious he isn’t capable of fielding even a top 16 Run D when he knows it’s coming.
As well as he prepped for the Chargers, Detroit, and KC he completely flunked out last night. I know our offense and ST hurt us but this was not a good opponent. When the Vikings can shutout the Raiders in Vegas the least you could do is hold the Giants under 20.

Reaction score
Especially against a team that had lost Daniel Jones and has little to no passing attack. How do you slow down Mahommes but let Devito ruin you?
Good question. I will say that Devito has been playing above expectation lately. It’s not just us. He does enough to win games and I’ve got to hand him a compliment he outplayed our DC when it mattered most. That’s just a fact he’s a good backup.
Although he only had like 150 yards passing. It was essentially us getting gashed on the ground and a turnover in the Redzone by Nixon (stupid play by him)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IT'S NOT HIS DECISION. He was downgraded by the medical staff. Is this all new to you? Why is Jones immune to your criticism? He's been questionable for weeks too.
I have a problem with the entire strength and conditioning program. The Packers have about 50% more players than the opponent on the weekly injury report and it sure takes "questionable"players a long time to get back. Dexter Lawrence was questionable last week and he suited up for the Giants. While that's only one example, the Packers tepid response to getting players on the field is par for the course for a team that in my opinion is much to soft and passive. Alexander sticks out because he's been listed as questionable for several weeks and than fails to suit up. Jones hasn't had the same pattern but it's more of a team problem than a single player.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you can disagree, the results of running that play over and over in a game, seem to speak for themselves. While I agree with you that the lack of blocking didn't help, the recognition of the defense had something to do with that too. Like I said, it seems to work once or maybe twice a game, but beyond that, it seems to fail.

That covers the pure "1 pitch to Reed play". The double reverse, pitch back to the QB, mumbo jumbo plays, scrap them. Either this team is too young to pull those off or just not talented enough, they are a train wreck play.
Not to mention the fact that they kept running it inside the opponents 30 yard line on a condensed field where the entire defense will naturally be closer and more able to swarm to the ball wherever it is.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense still stinks and the special teams is once against a disaster. Some things never change

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is why the Viking game worries me.