Fuzzy Thurston

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its been suggested that Favre should buy the ring (or pay off the debt) as a way to get back in the fans good graces, thoughts?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
its been suggested that Favre should buy the ring (or pay off the debt) as a way to get back in the fans good graces, thoughts?

Well....If he only does it to get back in good with fans, then I think it is wrong..

He should do it to help out...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard he did try and give him the money he needed, but it got intercepted.

Heard he wanted to give it to him then said no, then said okay, then said no, then yes, but then gave it to Jerry Kramer instead

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If what weeds has posted about Thurston is true (no reason to doubt it, I just don’t know), then I have no sympathy for him in spite of his contribution to the Lombardi Packers.

mcoomer146, just curious: What would Favre have to have done to have “left your good graces”? That he plotted with the Lions against the Packers is well established as is the fact he lied to the Jets in order to join the Vikings in order to 'stick it to' Thompson and the Packers. He also encouraged our other arch-enemy, the Bears, to beat the Packers. Did any of that affect your opinion of him? Did the texting of his private parts and the resulting pain that had to have caused his wife affect his standing in your good graces at all? I’m not trying to start or continue an argument about Favre; just trying to understand the mindset of someone who still reveres Favre.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, it's true...but also unfortunate because so many fans idolize the guy....and you know, we all have our frailties and I feel like kind of an a-hole for even sticking it up there...so...I'm pulling it off.