1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzy Thurston

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +57
    If he's selling the ring you know he's selling other stuff

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    its been suggested that Favre should buy the ring (or pay off the debt) as a way to get back in the fans good graces, thoughts?

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Well....If he only does it to get back in good with fans, then I think it is wrong..

He should do it to help out...

5. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +57
    He never left my good graces, and Thurston's problem is more important than some lame joke.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I heard he did try and give him the money he needed, but it got intercepted.

• Like Like x 3
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Heard he wanted to give it to him then said no, then said okay, then said no, then yes, but then gave it to Jerry Kramer instead

• Like Like x 1
  8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Good stuff. Funny...

It's unfortunate, but not unwarranted.

9. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    If what weeds has posted about Thurston is true (no reason to doubt it, I just don’t know), then I have no sympathy for him in spite of his contribution to the Lombardi Packers.

mcoomer146, just curious: What would Favre have to have done to have “left your good graces”? That he plotted with the Lions against the Packers is well established as is the fact he lied to the Jets in order to join the Vikings in order to 'stick it to' Thompson and the Packers. He also encouraged our other arch-enemy, the Bears, to beat the Packers. Did any of that affect your opinion of him? Did the texting of his private parts and the resulting pain that had to have caused his wife affect his standing in your good graces at all? I’m not trying to start or continue an argument about Favre; just trying to understand the mindset of someone who still reveres Favre.

• Like Like x 1
  10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Well, it's true...but also unfortunate because so many fans idolize the guy....and you know, we all have our frailties and I feel like kind of an a-hole for even sticking it up there...so...I'm pulling it off.

11. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    A little sad to see he actually has to sell the ring, I would rather take jail time..:cool2: