Free Agents

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that Mike Sherman needs to do is look into the free agent pool and find some guys that are proven football players. Mike Holmgren had a knack for the free agent pool ( Don Beebe, Andre Rison, Reggie White Etc. ) I think Sherman needs to make a call to his buddy in Seatle, maybe Holmgren can give him a little insight on the free agent pool. If Brett does come back we can't afford to wait on all Sherman's draft picks to pan out we don't have that kind of time!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will the packers have any money to get any good ones? We will have alot of free agents of our own,will they be resigning any? It will be a interesting off season. I was just wondering if Brett will return if we lose our o-linemen? :wall:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one will know, unless they do some serious re-construction on existing contracts... Mike Wahle and Rivera both will want to redo theirs.... But no one knows how much money Wahle will ask for.... He's 6' 6" and over 300 pounds, so it's not like he can't get on a good team headed for the SuperBowl... they'll certainly resign him, but no one knows the price yet...

It'd be nice to see Brett redo his contract... we'll just have to wait and see.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By weeks end we should know how the team is shaping.From what I heard,we should know if Sherman will stay and how much power he will have.There are alot of questions to be answered on this team. :cross: :USA:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren had no knack for the free agent pool, he was HC not GM. And you don't need a knack for free agency to see that Reggie White, the greatest defensive lineman of all time, would help any team.

We also have next to no cap space to sign free agents, not that there are a buch of really good ones out there. We need to hit a home run in the draft this year. This is the most important draft in recent Packers history.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
The thing that Mike Sherman needs to do is look into the free agent pool and find some guys that are proven football players. Mike Holmgren had a knack for the free agent pool ( Don Beebe, Andre Rison, Reggie White Etc. ) I think Sherman needs to make a call to his buddy in Seatle, maybe Holmgren can give him a little insight on the free agent pool. If Brett does come back we can't afford to wait on all Sherman's draft picks to pan out we don't have that kind of time!

One thing is for certain Sherman can not figure out the draft on his own remember the 3rounder pick what we need to do is get rid of a couple players that are imo deadwood EG : Hunt and Navies and use the extra $$ to obtain a couple veteran players for those spots. this is my opinion and i dont want a flame about it but our D suck and these two are not that good and make big $$ and as for sherman i can not see how he can wear two hats and manage it all it takes tons of hours to do the coach job alone let alone be a GM also. Overhaul the Dc and OC and bing in new faces and lets play aggressive football ie: stripping the ball. hitting moss when he moons the fans

Members online

Latest posts