Fredrik's 2020 mock with trades version

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not what I think will happen merely what I think could happen that I would love in a trade down scenario.

R1 Pick 30 Traded for picks 57, 64 & 101 from Seattle.

R2 Pick 57(From SEA): Lucas Niang, OT, TCU.

Great pass blocker no sacks allowed in his career(faced Bosa and Young in 2018) and a solid run blocker with upside.

R2 Pick 62: Michael Pittman, WR, USC.

We need a WR and Pittman is a great option has great hands rarely drops the football.
And is a good athlete 4.52 40 yard dash, 36.5" vert, 121" broad and a 6.96 three cone.

R2 Pick 64(From SEA): Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M.

The Packers NEED help at DT outside of Kenny Clark we are very weak at that position.
Madubuike would fill that hole he's had success as a pass rusher over the last two years with 5.5 in each of the past two seasons.
He also had double digit tackles for a loss in each of the past two seasons as well and did so while facing good competition(he played Clemson, Auburn and LSU in 2019).
At the combine he posted a 4.83 sec 40 yard dash, and 31 reps on the bench.

Trade! picks 94 & 136 for pick 84 from the Rams.

R3 Pick 84(From LAR): Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss St.

Dantzler was originally projected as a first round pick but after a abysmal 40 time at the combine (only one CB had a worse time) and no pro day to show improvement, I see him falling toward the middle of the 3rd.
Despite his horrific 40 time I would be more than willing to take a chance on him in the 3rd round based off of his tape particularly his 2019 LSU & 2018 Bama tape.

R3 Pick 101(From SEA): Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming

Logan Wilson fills another position of need and is a all around good player.
He's a great coverage LB and has had at least one INT in every year of his career with a career best 4 last year.
He's also a great tackler with 90+ tackles and at least one sack in every CFB season he's played and he had 8.5 TFL last year as well.
I would absolutely love the packers to draft this guy.

R4 Pick 136: Traded to Rams

R5 pick 175: James Proche, WR, SMU.

This guy has great hands(best among WR's according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com).
He also has good college production 1,200+ yards and 15 TD's.
And good at making contested catches.

R6 Pick 192: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.

Had a breakout year in 2019 with 3 interceptions and 13 passes defensed while allowing only one TD(per PFF).
Robinson is also has the 4th highest forced incompletion % over the past two years per PFF.
Robinson is also a great athlete at the combine he posted a 4.44 sec 40 yard dash, 36"vert, 132" broad and 22 bench reps which was good enough for top ten at his position in each category.

R6 Pick 208: Justin Strnad, ILB, Wake Forest.

Solid player who should add depth.

R6 Pick 209: Stephen Sullivan, TE, LSU.

Sullivan has little to no college production to speak of in 2019 but has the traits to do well at the next level.
With our last pick in the 6th round I would have no problem drafting him based off of his ridicules
85 1/8" (7' 1") wingspan, 10 5/8" hands, 4.66 second 40 time, 36.5" vert and 123" broad jump.
His tape in 2018 was also slightly better.

R7 Pick 236: Raymond Calais, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette.

R7 Pick 242: Bryce Huff, OLB, Memphis.

That's it let me know what you think.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you just not expect him to be there or do you not like the pick?

There's one player with a similar athletic profile that has been a successful NFL player in recent history (Josh Norman), and his peak was very short.

Just not a fan of outliers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only true critique is SEA sacrificing their entire middle of the draft essentially. They are a team that rarely sells out that much and have over the years built through the draft...just don't see it personally. Now swamp one of their picks into a 2021 draft pick instead of draining their entire 2020 draft essentially 2nd round through 6th (as they don't have a 5th round)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is not what I think will happen merely what I think could happen that I would love in a trade down scenario.

R1 Pick 30 Traded for picks 57, 64 & 101 from Seattle.

R2 Pick 57(From SEA): Lucas Niang, OT, TCU.

Great pass blocker no sacks allowed in his career(faced Bosa and Young in 2018) and a solid run blocker with upside.

R2 Pick 62: Michael Pittman, WR, USC.

We need a WR and Pittman is a great option has great hands rarely drops the football.
And is a good athlete 4.52 40 yard dash, 36.5" vert, 121" broad and a 6.96 three cone.

R2 Pick 64(From SEA): Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M.

The Packers NEED help at DT outside of Kenny Clark we are very weak at that position.
Madubuike would fill that hole he's had success as a pass rusher over the last two years with 5.5 in each of the past two seasons.
He also had double digit tackles for a loss in each of the past two seasons as well and did so while facing good competition(he played Clemson, Auburn and LSU in 2019).
At the combine he posted a 4.83 sec 40 yard dash, and 31 reps on the bench.

Trade! picks 94 & 136 for pick 84 from the Rams.

R3 Pick 84(From LAR): Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss St.

Dantzler was originally projected as a first round pick but after a abysmal 40 time at the combine (only one CB had a worse time) and no pro day to show improvement, I see him falling toward the middle of the 3rd.
Despite his horrific 40 time I would be more than willing to take a chance on him in the 3rd round based off of his tape particularly his 2019 LSU & 2018 Bama tape.

R3 Pick 101(From SEA): Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming

Logan Wilson fills another position of need and is a all around good player.
He's a great coverage LB and has had at least one INT in every year of his career with a career best 4 last year.
He's also a great tackler with 90+ tackles and at least one sack in every CFB season he's played and he had 8.5 TFL last year as well.
I would absolutely love the packers to draft this guy.

R4 Pick 136: Traded to Rams

R5 pick 175: James Proche, WR, SMU.

This guy has great hands(best among WR's according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com).
He also has good college production 1,200+ yards and 15 TD's.
And good at making contested catches.

R6 Pick 192: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.

Had a breakout year in 2019 with 3 interceptions and 13 passes defensed while allowing only one TD(per PFF).
Robinson is also has the 4th highest forced incompletion % over the past two years per PFF.
Robinson is also a great athlete at the combine he posted a 4.44 sec 40 yard dash, 36"vert, 132" broad and 22 bench reps which was good enough for top ten at his position in each category.

R6 Pick 208: Justin Strnad, ILB, Wake Forest.

Solid player who should add depth.

R6 Pick 209: Stephen Sullivan, TE, LSU.

Sullivan has little to no college production to speak of in 2019 but has the traits to do well at the next level.
With our last pick in the 6th round I would have no problem drafting him based off of his ridicules
85 1/8" (7' 1") wingspan, 10 5/8" hands, 4.66 second 40 time, 36.5" vert and 123" broad jump.
His tape in 2018 was also slightly better.

R7 Pick 236: Raymond Calais, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette.

R7 Pick 242: Bryce Huff, OLB, Memphis.

That's it let me know what you think.

I don't think Seattle would do that, but if I just set aside the realism, I think the prospects you've circled generally are really nice.

I do have to agree that Dantzler shouldn't be selected, which is a shame because he really balled out in college. The odds that he will succeed are just too low.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's one player with a similar athletic profile that has been a successful NFL player in recent history (Josh Norman), and his peak was very short.

but
I do have to agree that Dantzler shouldn't be selected, which is a shame because he really balled out in college. The odds that he will succeed are just too low.

Ok so I have one question if he had run a a still slow but much better 4.56 40 would you be willing to take him where I have him selected?

I don't think he's as slow as his 40 time, he ran a 4.62 coming out of high school and I would think he would have improved on that and not slowed down while in college.
Also I watched all of his snaps against LSU this year and Bama in 2018 as well as the highlights of the 2019 Bama game and never saw him get beat by anyone for more than 5 yards in any of those games and he went up against Ruggs, Chase, Devonta Smith and Waddle(all guys that are probably faster than 4.64).
It's quite possible Dantzler's bad 40 time is a result of poor form and for that reason I still like him in the 3rd.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Seattle would do that, but if I just set aside the realism, I think the prospects you've circled generally are really nice.

Would it make a difference in your opinion if Lane Taylor was included in the deal they could use some help at Guard.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ok so I have one question if he had run a a still slow but much better 4.56 40 would you be willing to take him where I have him selected?

I don't think he's as slow as his 40 time, he ran a 4.62 coming out of high school and I would think he would have improved on that and not slowed down while in college.
Also I watched all of his snaps against LSU this year and Bama in 2018 as well as the highlights of the 2019 Bama game and never saw him get beat by anyone for more than 5 yards in any of those games and he went up against Ruggs, Chase, Devonta Smith and Waddle(all guys that are probably faster than 4.64).
It's quite possible Dantzler's bad 40 time is a result of poor form and for that reason I still like him in the 3rd.

Yes, if he had run a 4.56, I would feel a lot differently.

That's fine if you think that his bad time was the result of bad form, and not just being slow. And maybe you're right. I agree that his tape is good.

But chances are, he ran a 4.64 because that's his speed. And if that's his speed, then the odds that he will succeed as next to zero.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Would it make a difference in your opinion if Lane Taylor was included in the deal they could use some help at Guard.

Not really. I'm not skeptical of that scenario because it's too favorable to GB (though it does lean more their way than Seattle's). It's more that I can't see why Seattle would do that unless it was for a QB, which they don't need.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really. I'm not skeptical of that scenario because it's too favorable to GB (though it does lean more their way than Seattle's). It's more that I can't see why Seattle would do that unless it was for a QB, which they don't need.

My reason for having them as a candidate to trade down with (and this might be a bit of a stretch) is that they need help at both offensive line and edge rusher.
If they go OL with their 1st round pick than I could see them possibly trading up if a guy like Chaisson or Yetor Gross Matos were to fall or alternatively it they went Edge they might trade up for a O-lineman.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Yes, if he had run a 4.56, I would feel a lot differently.

That's fine if you think that his bad time was the result of bad form, and not just being slow. And maybe you're right. I agree that his tape is good.

But chances are, he ran a 4.64 because that's his speed. And if that's his speed, then the odds that he will succeed as next to zero.
  • There's one player with a similar athletic profile that has been a successful NFL player in recent history (Josh Norman), and his peak was very short.

Just not a fan of outliers.
Dantzler just ran a 4.38 at his pro day this change anything for you guys?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantzler just ran a 4.38 at his pro day this change anything for you guys?

I just ran a 4.5 at my pro day.

I'm highly skeptical of all of these really fast pro day times, to say the least.

I just find it very hard to believe that a player who spent months training for the most important interview of their life, has two terrible runs on that day. And then a month or so later, drops his time by almost 3 tenths. That's A LOT of time for a very short Sprint. My best bet is that he bulked up for the combine to show he's not too light, and was slow because if it. He looks small to me. I have a sneaking suspicion he looked faster on tape because he plays closer to 180 lbs than 190.

Anyways, there weren't NFL scouts there timing it, so I'm not trusting too much coming from an agents pro day.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I trust a pro day for .05 difference maybe...but that claim is insane...Dantzler either isn't professional and didnt prepare for combine or (MOST LIKELY) isn't as fast as many would like to think.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I trust a pro day for .05 difference maybe...but that claim is insane...Dantzler either isn't professional and didnt prepare for combine or (MOST LIKELY) isn't as fast as many would like to think.
My guess is his preparation for the combine wasn't great and he ran slower than his actual speed he might 4.38 I think he probably runs at least in the 4.4s or 4.5s when you watch his tape his play speed would definitely appear to be much faster 4.64 I've seen him stick with all of the bama guys including Ruggs, Jamar Chase, and run down Lamar Jackson from the opposite side of the field.
His play speed on tape is Fast.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Forty times are largely dependent on your starting form. I do not believe 4.38, but if Danztler struggles with his starts, I could believe that 4.64 isn't accurate either. It's up to the FO to review and decide. If they think he's in the mid 4.5's or faster, then he deserves to be in consideration.

MrRodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here’s a mock I did with a couple of trades. I’d really like to see several of these guys really become packers.

Attachments

• E3BF5D13-C4D6-445F-84DF-D1F91EC8E4D0.jpeg
    E3BF5D13-C4D6-445F-84DF-D1F91EC8E4D0.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 139

Members online

Latest posts