Flynn haters are quiet..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) I just got back home from this game tonight....
B) I thought we'd lose tonight because our defense would allow 38
C) Flynn outscored them
D) I Was one who was ADAMANT about bringing Flynn back months ago
E) We might have won the Bears, Eagles, Giants and Viking games had we brought him back when Oakland released him

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C) Flynn outscored them
E) We might have won the Bears, Eagles, Giants and Viking games had we brought him back when Oakland released him

I was also one of the ones calling for Fynn...MM stuck with Tolzien two games to long when Flynn shoulda been the guy rom the start...at least the Queens game. So many people hated on Flynn because of what he went through when he was elsewhere instead of what they guy did in this system. He's obviously a system qb but this system works for him

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also one of the ones calling for Fynn...MM stuck with Tolzien two games to long when Flynn shoulda been the guy rom the start...at least the Queens game. So many people hated on Flynn because of what he went through when he was elsewhere instead of what they guy did in this system. He's obviously a system qb but this system works for him
Glad you guys were right about Flynn. :tup: During the first half yesterday a couple of posters of which I was one were calling for Tolzien. Good thing we aren't coaches!!!!:eek:

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling we won't see Rodgers take another snap this SEASON, so it's do-or-die with MATT FLYNN.

You know what, if our defense, which is pretty healthy all in all, could actually play good-great, I believe we can do some serious damage with Flynn guiding the ship. He's good enough. On our offense. Not with the Raiders or Bills (those are different teams).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh defense is not Dallas'.
Exactly. They just kicked the Bengals *** last week. The division-leading Bengals and a team who beat us this year.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

<THESE are the kind of hits that scare me. Leg planted wrong, bad news

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Polamalu has always been my favorite non-Packer. Always was the guy I wish we had on our team.
We had Collins who was a better ballhawk, and younger.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
just because they beat the bengals means nothing.

We lost to the 7-9 Dolphins in 2010 at home but won the SB

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just because they beat the bengals means nothing.
It means "nothing"?
It means that even though the Steelers season is basically just playing out the motions as they have no serious playoff chance, they are still bringing it..... and this week they beat a team, a good team, who had a lot to play for. Just like we do.

Some supposed-to-be-good teams, like the Giants and Falcons and Texans, have not played with the passion that we just saw the Steelers play with against Cincy.

Don't take them lightly because of their record.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It means "nothing"?
It means that even though the Steelers season is basically just playing out the motions as they have no serious playoff chance, they are still bringing it..... and this week they beat a team, a good team, who had a lot to play for. Just like we do.

Some supposed-to-be-good teams, like the Giants and Falcons and Texans, have not played with the passion that we just saw the Steelers play with against Cincy.

Don't take them lightly because of their record.

I dont think I said taking them lightly???

I dont give the packers to much hope to win to be honest...

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
So many people hated on Flynn because of what he went through when he was elsewhere instead of what they guy did in this system.
"So many people hated on" him? I don't remember that. I remember posters questioning why he failed at Seattle and Oakland.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"So many people hated on" him? I don't remember that. I remember posters questioning why he failed at Seattle and Oakland.
And I remember many, in here as well, saying "no thanks, he bombed outta Seattle, Oakland, and Buffalo, so his arm must be shot."....... many of those "fans" have changed their tunes.

H

HardRightEdge

And I remember many, in here as well, saying "no thanks, he bombed outta Seattle, Oakland, and Buffalo, so his arm must be shot."....... many of those "fans" have changed their tunes.
Not "must". "Might".

Those certain that Flynn would perform this well were guessing.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not "must". "Might".

Those certain that Flynn would perform this well were guessing.
Right.
Nobody is psychic.
Not in here at least.

What cracks me up is when someone just goes by what they read or hear, assuming it MUST be true, rather than watching the player or team. Or rather than remembering what they SAW with their own EYES just 2 seasons ago.

Follow blindly.

H

HardRightEdge

Right.
Nobody is psychic.
Not in here at least.

What cracks me up is when someone just goes by what they read or hear, assuming it MUST be true, rather than watching the player or team. Or rather than remembering what they SAW with their own EYES just 2 seasons ago.

Follow blindly.

Nobody's psychic anywhere, not just here.

Anyway, there's the rub...there had been nothing to look at with our own eyes for the last 2 years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Flynn struggle against the steelers. He was night and day against the cowboys who are historically bad on defense.

What I see in Flynn is a QB who struggles to go through all of his WRs, instead he zeros in on 1.

I'm more concerned with the defense tho. Clay better make some game changing plays for us to be in this

H

HardRightEdge

Polamalu has always been my favorite non-Packer. Always was the guy I wish we had on our team.
We had Collins who was a better ballhawk, and younger.
Polamalu was great player.

On the other hand, one of my lasting memories of Polamalu will be his taking the field in the Super Bowl with a bum Achilles...and Rodgers-to-Jennings exploiting that.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C) Flynn outscored them

When Oakland released him we still had Wallace around. That's why they didn't get him then.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Oakland released him we still had Wallace around. That's why they didn't get him then.
Exactly.
The Wallace who had the worst W-L record of any QB in the NFL, and who had not been seen yet on the field for the Packers, so nobody knew how he'd do.
Whereas we had seen what Flynn can do in our system on this team.

They gambled.
They lost.

Look, we lost games to the horrible Giants, to the Eagles (whom the Vikings just beat last week missing Peterson), and we lost to that Bears team the game Rodgers went out. We should have won that game. Just that one game alone has kept the Bears alive.

Anyway, it's Flynn now throughout the remainder of the season, so we'll see how far he can take us with this defense.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. They just kicked the Bengals *** last week. The division-leading Bengals and a team who beat us this year.

<THESE are the kind of hits that scare me. Leg planted wrong, bad news

I think it's tougher to win in Dallas, who was 5-1 at home before the Packers game, than it is to win at home against the Steelers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who is really quiet these days? Benito Mussolini supporters. Seriously. When is the last time you heard anyone come out in support of him?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No psychics? Not even Edgar Cayce? :D

“Hate” is a pretty strong word; those who questioned whether or not Flynn could get the job done in Green Bay don’t qualify as “haters”. And some (not me) may have seen with their own eyes Flynn’s start for the Raiders against the Redskins which resulted in his being demoted to third string and then being released. Regarding his arm strength, Tom Oates and another sports writer (whose name I don’t remember) who have covered the Packers for years, attend practices, and have seen Flynn throw in person said (according to Oates on the Sidelines show) Flynn’s arm is not as strong as it was when he was in Green Bay previously.

OTOH, since no Flynn haters have been identified, I guess “they” are quiet.

Members online

No members online now.