First visit to Lambeau

Bleedcheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey all
I am new here and I am sure there is a thread on this but can't seem to find it. I was able to get playoff tickets if the Packers get a home playoff game. This will be my first visit to lambeau and can't wait!!! I am looking for any suggestions for first timers and what is best stadium food at lambeau. Also anything else you may feel will be helpful is greatly appreciated! GO PACK GO!!
Thanks

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
hey all
I am new here and I am sure there is a thread on this but can't seem to find it. I was able to get playoff tickets if the Packers get a home playoff game. This will be my first visit to lambeau and can't wait!!! I am looking for any suggestions for first timers and what is best stadium food at lambeau. Also anything else you may feel will be helpful is greatly appreciated! GO PACK GO!!
Thanks

Hey, if this is your first trip to Lambeau, and it would be a playoff game, I would also venture a guess that you're from out of the Fox River Valley area. Presumption being then that you'd stay in Green Bay.

Your first walk through the ramp to the seating bowl ... will take your breath away as you take it all in. That one is a given so I'm not even going to dwell on that one. The stadium and the best places to chow down are covered to extreme in the other thread, so I'm not going to dwell on that neither.

I'm a Wisconsin boy, born and reared about 20 miles southeast of Green Bay. I had two sisters who had moved to Green Bay when I was just a toddler ... so I spent a ton of time in Green Bay growing up ... particularly when I hit the age where I LOOKED 18. ;) First game at Lambeau for me was 1965...that was also the first game as "Lambeau Field"...but I didn't know that then. Hell, I remember asking my Dad who the guys in Green were because we had a black and white TV.

Anyway ... were I you, I would make darned sure that I get down to stadium district the two nights BEFORE the game is played. The night before is particularly cool. Even if you're not prone toward drinking to excess (which I was) ... all of the really cool people that you meet from out of town. So fun striking up conversations with folks who are obviously fan of "the other team".

I used to love the night before game day in Green Bay for just that reason. Never had an issue ... the nicest fans I met doing that were Carolina Panther fans the night before the NFC Championship following the '96 season. Just fantastic people and a blast that night.

PACKmasterGeneral

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to my first Packers and state of Wisconsin experience. I have tickets for Monday November 6 2017!! Going to watch at least 2 of my favorite players in Jamaal Williams and Ziggy Ansah. Hoping as well that Taysom Hill makes the team. I can't wait to explore that part of the country and see Lambeau field,

Members online

Latest posts