Fire Pettine!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What?

Just sweeping the floors, painting the walls, emptying all the trash cans. This place was a mess when Capers was fired!

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this thread was going to pop up sooner or later so might as well get it out of the way

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can we fire him right now and go back after Fangio???? Pleeeeease!!!

*damnit, someone left the door open*

"Hey, who let you in? This place isn't officially open for business until at least........looks up to the top of the thread....oh yes.....after the defense gives up the first TD."

Meanwhile, have a seat, grab a 12 ounce frothy mug of our new Beer called....."Patience"

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Pettine sucks, I sure hope it doesn't take six wasted seasons to do something about it. Capers and and TT produced such an aweful string of defenses that Pettine can tip toe over the low bar that was set before him and look relatively good in comparison, even if his defenses finish between 15-20 in the league. In other words, he can do a mediocre job and still look ok given the crappy defense he is taking over.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This board not having "fire our DC" thread is like eating without utensils, do some of you eat without utensils? Of course you do, you filthy swine.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Shoot I was going to do the same thing and forgot, been planning it for months.

:roflmao:

I think some wish this thread had opened years ago! I found 4 guys still passed out and covered in dust in an old broom closet!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettine coordinated defenses have never finished worse than 5th in total defense in 5 seasons. If he can make the Packers a top 5 defense I like the Packers chances. Even top 10 and I think the rest of the leagues got problems. In all honesty I think he's got a good core to work with. Need to find a really good single high safety neither hhcd or Jones excel in that spot nor does Burnett if he's resigned, I like Tre Boston. But between hhcd, Jones, Randall, and king you've got some nice pieces in the secondary Blake Martinez, Matthews, Perry and maybe biegel give you something to work with at linebacker. And Daniels and Clark are a great starting point on the interior of any defensive line Lowry is a good backup player. Also Nick Perry is a classic 4-3 defensive end. I think Matthews will have a rejuvenating season in this new defense as well. No player on a Pettine defense has had more than 10.5 sacks, Mario williams. And only one other player had more than 6 Calvin pace had 8 in 2011. I expect Matthews and Perry to beat those totals respectively. Pettine has never had very good pass rushers on any of the teams he's coached.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fire him and hire Capers. His defenses always do well the first 2 or 3 years.

First reason to fire Pettine, Defense is still in the NFLs cellar.

What are you talking about? They are the best! They have not given up a TD since he has been DC.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of me thinks the defense can't get any worse, so people will go easy on him. Most of me thinks "FireCapers" is a meme out of control that immediately be applied in earnest to Pettine.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Part of me thinks the defense can't get any worse, so people will go easy on him. Most of me thinks "FireCapers" is a meme out of control that immediately be applied in earnest to Pettine.

Come on....I can't make a proper "Fire Pettine" Meme until I get a picture of him in Green and Gold! ;)

I would hope the majority of those who wanted Capers out are happy with this hiring or at minimum will be patient enough to give the guy a chance. Personally, I don't think he has the players available (at the moment) to immediately turn things around. However, I am optimistic that with a new GM and a new DC, they may collaborate about the current players, FA's and the draft and start building a defense that Pettine can run successfully.

I really would like to know how much TT and Capers talked about what Dom needed on defense. You would think a ton, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Dom just worked with what he was given.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on....I can't make a proper "Fire Pettine" Meme until I get a picture of him in Green and Gold! ;)

I would hope the majority of those who wanted Capers out are happy with this hiring or at minimum will be patient enough to give the guy a chance. Personally, I don't think he has the players available (at the moment) to immediately turn things around. However, I am optimistic that with a new GM and a new DC, they may collaborate about the current players, FA's and the draft and start building a defense that Pettine can run successfully.

I really would like to know how much TT and Capers talked about what Dom needed on defense. You would think a ton, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Dom just worked with what he was given.

Yes and even if he's a brilliant success we can keep it running in perpetuity.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Tap's just kicked. We're out of it.

I'm working on a new concoction called "Pad Level". With each sip, your shoulders will sink a bit and your expectations will either decrease or go right off the charts!

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll take a guy who’s D has never been lower than top 5!? Heck I’ll take a top 15! I’m open to giving him a chance. Someone new.... anyone new

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts