Fire Pettine!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If in the event Pettine isnt all that good this thread will serve as the official Fire thread. But give the guy a chance please...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If in the event Pettine isnt all that good this thread will serve as the official Fire thread. But give the guy a chance please...

You do realize that this thread was set-up with tongue firmly in cheek, right? ;)

Reaction score
I support this movement!

I've always wanted to get in on the ground level of huge cause that will affect millions and global warming just 'aint cuttin' it! ;)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You do realize that this thread was set-up with tongue firmly in cheek, right? ;)

I do but it was the first one made. So any subsequent Fire Pettine threads will be merged with this one.

So if he does stay at long as Capers you will own the longest thread on this forum.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Last "Fire" the DC thread was 5 years, 3 months and 21 days old. 130 pages. Here we are not even into this first year and already 2 pages! :roflmao:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do but it was the first one made. So any subsequent Fire Pettine threads will be merged with this one.

So if he does stay at long as Capers you will own the longest thread on this forum.

I would prefer Capers thread record is never touched! :coffee:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh I'm pretty sure just about everyone who saw the thread knew it wasn't serious. I would say it's just more that people who are serious about it once next season gets going already could be bookmarking it.

My take is that although I expect Pettine to make the defense play elite, it may not happen right away. I mean, it's possible it can but it doesn't always work that way. My expectation is that some of the old habits from the Capers defense may die hard, in which case it may take a little longer to get the elite D going.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we won't get more than a few minutes into the first quarter of the first pre season game before we start seeing serious posts in this thread...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Pettine sucks, I sure hope it doesn't take six wasted seasons to do something about it. Capers and and TT produced such an aweful string of defenses that Pettine can tip toe over the low bar that was set before him and look relatively good in comparison, even if his defenses finish between 15-20 in the league. In other words, he can do a mediocre job and still look ok given the crappy defense he is taking over.

If it does I doubt he will get as cool of a nickname as Capers had. "The Teflon Dom" was pretty damn good