Fire Matt LaFleur

How many wins does MLF need to keep his job?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 8.3%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 8+

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • He shouldn’t be fired this year no matter what

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn’t find a thread for this, so I’m starting one. The team looks so unprepared and undisciplined, and that’s on the coaching staff. I’m not saying he should be fired, but given our recent performance, I suspect we will hear more in this vein soon. So it’s worth having a thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not voting on this. Frustration is a terrible thing I know. However there’s too many young guys to for a coach in a transition year to have that level of disdain. It would take this time next year before I even considered about Matt.

Matt’s biggest failure has been slow to move on from a substandard DC. The Offense will most often go through 1 season of regression under a first year starting QB. It’s the Defense who was supposed to carry their weight. If we had just the Jets level Defense we’d be 4-3 while trying to figure things out. Hard to Win when we give up 345 yards average to opponents across our last 4 contests. That’s hard for anyone much less a 1st year starting QB

PS. I guess Denver isn’t as bad as everyone thought?

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be on the fire LaFlower if he does not get some different coaches in here. Especially line and D coord. It's hard to evaluate DB coaches because it is so dependent on Barry. And he would benefit from someone else calling the plays. I have to think the play calling has a lot to do with our TEs not doing more. Yes, more than them being rookies. But he seems to have the McCarthy syndrome of sticking with bad coaches. They will probably take him down.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again this franchise and its fans have zero clue, honestly zero clue, how NFL life typically is. While many of us could point to promising parts of our team (mainly on offense) and a few key veterans (Bakh, Jones and Jenkins) on the offense...and hope it would click....sad fact is all phases of this year have stunk, and every veteran (even many on defense (Campbell, Jaire and Stokes...now Savage) are hurt and not there either.

There is no one IMO, NONE that can be fired judged off of this year with justification IMO. Barry already should be gone, so he makes a TON of sense. The only other guy that maybe deserves serious fire under his pooper is Steno (force of habit, meant Butkus). This OL has regressed nearly across the board. Yosh couldn't get in the starting line with bad line play, Newman has regressed, Jenkins is playing his worst season ever....Steno managed to have an OL where Myers is arguably the second best playing guy some games.....dear lord that is rough.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again this franchise and its fans have zero clue, honestly zero clue, how NFL life typically is.

There is no one IMO, NONE that can be fired judged off of this year with justification IMO. Barry already should be gone, so he makes a TON of sense.

I voted he shouldn't be fired, but I'm not convinced he is the right guy long term though.

Every fan base is prone to 'Fire Coach XYZ' after every loss. In circles right now you will find 'Fire Kyle Shanahan/Andy Reid' rants. If teams in the NFL fired coaches based on fans demands it would make even Stalin go 'You might want to slow down on those purges".

Wouldn't agree on no one could be fired. He could be fired if he completely loses the team and any respect in the locker room. They are playing hard through week 17 then I would agree that there is no chance he is gone.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he should be gone end of season.

I just don't think we were prepared enough for Love era. The play calling is dire. No innovation, no creativity and no push to change when things aren't working.

I don't think he's getting the best of any player in team now.

The team needs a clean out and it starts at the top.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are going to walk from MLF - get ready folks for some insanely DARK days in GB. I'll laugh at how bad it will get. You gotta walk with MLF and Love at least next year and see what happens - now if the team is going to walk from Love, I do also say walk from the staff, blow it all up or not at all.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think regardless of the record, Lafleur is safe this year just knowing what's been stacked against him. That said, he may have to clean house with his coordinators if he's to survive next year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think regardless of the record, Lafleur is safe this year just knowing what's been stacked against him. That said, he may have to clean house with his coordinators if he's to survive next year.

Now I could easily see Gute and Murphy telling him we gotta restart. Barry first, Butkus possibly out too...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur should bring in his brother (OC) and Leonhard (assistant coach and DC so he's not immediately poached).

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he should be gone end of season.

I just don't think we were prepared enough for Love era. The play calling is dire. No innovation, no creativity and no push to change when things aren't working.

I don't think he's getting the best of any player in team now.

The team needs a clean out and it starts at the top.
Both MLF and Gutekunst will be here through the end of next season and that's an iron-clad guarantee and chances are extremely high they'll be here at least two more seasons, so really, this thread should be stowed until then.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both MLF and Gutekunst will be here through the end of next season and that's an iron-clad guarantee and chances are extremely high they'll be here at least two more seasons, so really, this thread should be stowed until then.
He'll no. We need to make our voices so loud that Murphy can't ignore, and makes an executive decision to fire Lafleur and if Gute objects fires them both.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll no. We need to make our voices so loud that Murphy can't ignore, and makes an executive decision to fire Lafleur and if Gute objects fires them both.
You're not understanding. Murphy is retiring on July 31, 2025. He's not going to fire Gute (who shouldn't be fired anyway) and Gute is not going to fire MLF. Why? Because whoever the incoming president is will want to install his own GM, whether that means keeping Gute or hiring someone else. And MLF won't be fired either because if Gute were to be fired, the incoming GM is going to want to hire his own coach.

So if you fire either one of them after this season, GOOD LUCK finding anyone willing to take the jobs knowing a new president is on the horizon. That's why I guarantee you neither of them are going anywhere no matter what after this season.

And it's unlikely they will go anywhere after next season either because Murphy and Gute will want to hand any new president and GM a clean slate to work from. If you put a new coach in after this year or next, you risk creating a coaching carousel situation and that is NOT the model we want to adopt.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? A guarantee?? If it looks same this point next year I say he Could be gone

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are going to walk from MLF - get ready folks for some insanely DARK days in GB. I'll laugh at how bad it will get. You gotta walk with MLF and Love at least next year and see what happens - now if the team is going to walk from Love, I do also say walk from the staff, blow it all up or not at all.
I mostly agree with this except the very end. If they have seen enough of Love by the end of the year to make the decision to draft a guy like Maye, I think you do it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? A guarantee?? If it looks same this point next year I say he Could be gone
Like I said, what coach or GM would want to take the job knowing that a new president is on the horizon? No coach or GM worth his salt is going to want to step into a volatile situation like that and who is going to want to take the job of president if they have to agree to stick with someone else's GM for x number of years?

No matter what happens on the field, it would be a mess in the making to fire either of them after this or next season. The prudent course would be to exercise some patience and accept that rebuilding an offense is a process that is measured in years, not months. Favre's comments on the situation yesterday were on point.

The only feasible way I can see of firing MLF before Murphy retires would be to promote from within. And who would you choose that would be better?

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said, what coach or GM would want to take the job knowing that a new president is on the horizon? No coach or GM worth his salt is going to want to step into a volatile situation like that and who is going to want to take the job of president if they have to agree to stick with someone else's GM for x number of years?

No matter what happens on the field, it would be a mess in the making to fire either of them after this or next season. The prudent course would be to exercise some patience and accept that rebuilding an offense is a process that is measured in years, not months. Favre's comments on the situation yesterday were on point.

The only feasible way I can see of firing MLF before Murphy retires would be to promote from within. And who would you choose that would be better?
You fire and then have interm