Finley opens mouth again

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude... Stop talking...

Finley on chemistry with Rodgers: "...Try to work on it as much as I can, try to talk to him as much as I can, but it takes 2 people."

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm good friends with a guy who went to highschool with finley, he says how Finley thought he was the greatest athlete of all time. Talking about how if he stuck with basketball he'd be better than Kevin durant. I'm a big supporter of Finley but he needs to grow up and stop talking. Concentrate on helping the team win games, be a team player, leader, and catch the ball when he's getting balls thrown his way. His favorite payer is T.O. so that should say something of where his thought process is. Turning into a diva won't keep him in Green Bay because Aaron Rodgers makes him better not the other way around.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems as if he wants to blame A-Rod for the chemistry not being there,he needs to figure out why that is maybe he needs to play hot potato juggle or something so he holds on to the ball A-Rod can't help you with that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ol' stone hands flap'n his gums again huh.....if that pan hands **** actually caught the ball as much as he ran his lips, he would pass up tony gonzalez for stats in 1 season. **** and catch the ball, fool.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I have been cut down for even mentioning "put tom crabtee in", but when crabtree gets to come in for a play (rarely) he shows good hands, good blocking, enthusiasm, and I beleive he can add a spark to our much fizzled out offense. If the guys wants to play, plays hard, and makes positive plays I don't see why he can't be finleys replacement while he is hurt and if he outperforms finley, I say keep him there.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole offensive side of the ball is struggling. That doesn't excuse Finley for, one again, popping off in the media. The idiot has foot and mouth disease. It's time to part ways and focus on DJ Williams and Tom Crabtree. We're hanging out hat on a performance Finley gave in 2009. Since then he's been a slug. Finley is just wasted potential at this point, and not worth keeping around.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i honestly don't think he wants to be in Green Bay. He want's to be the featured Wr.... Cleveland needs a Tight end.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO Finley's biggest problem is his immaturity. Each year I've hoped to see him grow up but it never seems to happen. I know he's only 25 years old but this is his fifth year in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is having his worst season so far since his first as a starter and IMO he's certainly one of the reasons the Packers are currently struggling on offense. Even so, from everything I've read and heard I think its obvious the reason for friction between Rodgers and Finley is Rodgers is detail oriented and Finley isn't. Rodgers forgives physical errors but gets angry when teammates make mental errors. Rodgers spends a ton of time in preparation and expects his teammates to do the same. IMO, albeit as an outsider, all these areas cause conflict between the two because Rodgers is on the right side of each and Finley is on the wrong side. That is revealed in Finley's continuing inconsistency in catching the ball, running routes, and blocking. For example, we've seen Finley block effectively and we've read from time to time that his blocking is improved. Then we see him give a very poor effort blocking. I was listening to a radio discussion yesterday about Finley and one of the hosts mentioned even when Finley had his 3 TD game against the Bears (early last season), he ran the wrong route on each one. I don’t remember hearing/reading that, but the problem with Finley is it's not unbelievable.

Finley's size/speed combination is what makes him unique and it's what is supposed to cause matchup problems. I and others have argued that it's that quality that adds value to Finley even if he's not targeted on a play: The D has to be aware and adjust to his presence. But opposing DCs watch Packers games, too. At some point when the Packers passing O gets back in sync, if you are an opposing DC and worried about (a healthy) Jennings, Nelson, and Cobb don't you think, 'let's single #88 and see if he can beat us'? I would.

Finley isn't going anywhere this season but IMO he desperately needs a "maturity intervention". Failing that or his seeing the light on his own this season (is there a road to Damascus in Green Bay?), I don't think the Packers can afford him next year: He's just too inconsistent.

As to which TE I'd like to see get most of Finley's snaps, IMO DJ Williams is the best route runner/pass catcher, followed by Ryan Taylor. Crabtree is probably the best blocker. But IMO the best prescription for the offense doesn't have anything to do with TEs. It's more Cobb. Lined up in the backfield (but don't hand him the ball, pass it to him in the flat), in the slot and split wide. I'd love to see Cobb get as many snaps as Nelson or Jones.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's Finley's replacement.
Notice how the football wasn't dropped?
(You have to wait towards the end to watch the catch!)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it wouldn't break my heart if he leaves GB in the near future. But he does pose a great physical threat and matchup problems. I agree he definitely doesn't look like he cares to be here or improve on his game.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The days of the huge/massive TE are relatively new in my opinion. Jimmy graham, Gronkowski, hernandez, Finley are all big guys that pose "match up" problems. Take a look at the other TE's and old faithful types like, Jason whitten, brent celek, heath miller, vernon davis.......and remember todd heap? Theses guys are not nearly as imposing yet they are/were impact type guys that killed a defense. We don't need some 6'6" guy as a TE, we need a pass catcher that is relieable and durable. I would take anyone of the guys I listed over finley in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The days of the huge/massive TE are relatively new in my opinion. Jimmy graham, Gronkowski, hernandez, Finley are all big guys that pose "match up" problems. Take a look at the other TE's and old faithful types like, Jason whitten, brent celek, heath miller, vernon davis.......and remember todd heap? Theses guys are not nearly as imposing yet they are/were impact type guys that killed a defense. We don't need some 6'6" guy as a TE, we need a pass catcher that is relieable and durable. I would take anyone of the guys I listed over finley in a heartbeat.

Gronk - 6'6 265 lbs
Witten - 6'6 265 lbs
Vernon Davis - 6'5 250 lbs
Celek - 6'4 255 lbs
Miller - 6'5 256 lbs
Graham - 6'7 265 lbs
Hernandez - 6'1 245 lbs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep waiting for him to grow up. I'm becoming more doubtful that will ever happen. He isn't as good as he thinks he is right now but he could be a beast.

And whoever said cut him doesn't realize the salary cap implications if Thompson did that.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losers always look to someone else to blame. Always. Get rid of the guy.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he didn't say Rodgers was unwilling to work with him. I'm sure he (partly) realizes Rodgers is also working on his chemistry with the 23 other players on the Packers offensive roster.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have enough colors with the green and gold.
We don't need any more.
(And I don't mean the color of his skin. I mean the colorful comments.)

Members online

Latest posts