Final Play - Thank Clay Matthews

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just to bring it to people's attention in case you missed it. The first person to make contact with Ingram was Clay Matthews, followed by Morgan Burnett (yes, the guy people thought wasn't physical enough last year) and to put the cherry on top, Charles Woodson leaping over the top.

Watching Matthews... wow. He nearly single handedly stoned Ingram like he stoned Vick during last years game one against the Eagles in nearly the same circumstances.

Just wanted to point out how impressed I am (again) with Matthews after re-watching that play.

Reaction score
Here's the video for a quick reference! It just shows how much we take Matthews and the rest of this defense granted for!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually it looks like Hawk was the first one to hit him. (If anything redirecting him towards Clay) (Look Goal Post view)

Slowed him down a bit, then Clay got him.

Reaction score
I thought of the first Philly game last year too. Glad I'm not alone.
great minds think alike. heh
haha. That's the first thing I told everyone in the room when it happened... 1 yard stops on both week one games to win the game! Looks like 2 great minds (clearly Mr.StyleZ and Murgen) and 1 ordinary one think alike!

By the way, I love the Sig. Mr. StyleZ!

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
hmm, I see Hawk leap over but looks like he missed him, then Clay hit's him. But, of course there a D-lineman that was submarining down there messing up his running lane. No idea how. Collinsworth said it was Pickett. For what it's worth.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like Hawk may of clipped him or caused him to change course but Clay was the first one who drilled him full on. I'd count that, sorry Hawk. That was one hell of a tackle by Clay any way you want to look at it. Game saver, quite possibly. Stone Cold Clay Matthews! The beast is back!

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, Hawk was the first to contact him. Ingram basically runs into a dog pile with Pickett and BJ taking down the linemen like bowling pins then Bishop is able to grab Ingrams left shoulder and then Burnett wraps his arms around him. Looked like Collins and Walden were the only two that did get into the dog pile. Find Green and watch him through the entire play....he was like a bulldozer. And why do we have to thank Matthews? It was team stuff

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao i love it "Stone Cold Clay Matthews" now only if he runs out onto lambeau and chugs like 6 beers like Steve Austin used to do.

JASIII

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a thing of beauty by the D-line. That play had NO chance. You could have had Pop Warner LB's out there and they would have cleaned that one up on the pile..:)

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to bring it to people's attention in case you missed it. The first person to make contact with Ingram was Clay Matthews, followed by Morgan Burnett (yes, the guy people thought wasn't physical enough last year) and to put the cherry on top, Charles Woodson leaping over the top.

Watching Matthews... wow. He nearly single handedly stoned Ingram like he stoned Vick during last years game one against the Eagles in nearly the same circumstances.

Just wanted to point out how impressed I am (again) with Matthews after re-watching that play.
nearly single handedly stoned Ingram? Give me a break. Lets give credit where credit is due.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
such a great play, it honestly looks like he might have had a chance to reach the ball out if not for morgan burnett, considering aj hawk leaped and missed.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can see that it was a bogus call against AJ.
And Chris Collinsworthless says nothing!!?
WTF?
Here's an announcer who obviously likes the sound of his own voice that he just drones on and on....
But we get nothing from him on a clearly lousy call.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Saints did a good job keeping Clay double teamed and away from Brees all day, but I don't think the whole league can do that. Their O-Line is much better than it was from last year,or we would have had way more sacks.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You can see that it was a bogus call against AJ.
And Chris Collinsworthless says nothing!!?
WTF?
Here's an announcer who obviously likes the sound of his own voice that he just drones on and on....
But we get nothing from him on a clearly lousy call.

I HATE Chris Collinsworth. he is the worst announcer ever.

People say Madden talked too much but I'd trade every announcer today to have Pat Summeral and John Madden back. Collinsworth is the fastest to throw someone under the bus and talk how they screwed up like he's a 3 time Super Bowl winner, but Madden never put anyone down.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE Chris Collinsworth. he is the worst announcer ever.

People say Madden talked too much but I'd trade every announcer today to have Pat Summeral and John Madden back. Collinsworth is the fastest to throw someone under the bus and talk how they screwed up like he's a 3 time Super Bowl winner, but Madden never put anyone down.
110% agree.

I know Madden isn't well liked but the team of him and Summeral is what I grew up with.
Madden with his knowledge and excitement for the game kept it exciting to watch.
Somehow he could be excited and grounded at the same time.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
110% agree.

I know Madden isn't well liked but the team of him and Summeral is what I grew up with.
Madden with his knowledge and excitement for the game kept it exciting to watch.
Somehow he could be excited and grounded at the same time.

I grew up with Madden too which is why I never can understand why people complain about him.

He was a positive commentator. No one likes the negative ones, but that's what made him and Pat likable. They never would down a player after a big screw up, or talk about how this coach was bad, and this team is a joke. He sure liked Steve Young and Jerry Rice making connections for touchdowns. When he compared Young to Montana he never would badmouth Steve like the other commentators, he always had the edge saying "This reminds me of Montana, and that's why Young has the Niners in the playoffs today." It didn't matter if your team was down 21 to 0 he was the kinda guy that would say "It's just a bad day, they can do better and will get it together next week" I don't remember him ever getting there and trashing every team or player that makes mistakes like Chris Collinsworth is famous for doing.

I think people complain cause he liked Favre, but he also liked Young, Montana, and Manning. I'm sure if he was commentating today he would be in love with Rodgers.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Collinsworth
Aikman
Buck (I don't like how he slobbers all over our team)
Whoever called that one preseason game who couldn't pronounce anyone's name..

Who's the one who calls John Kuhn ... Kyun...

They all suck

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The ending was a little awkward how everyone just stood there for a little while.

Only ones that really ran off celebrating were Woodson, Burnett, and Raji.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, new development after watching this again(lol).. Bishop also got his hand on Ingrams left shoulder when he flew over and it looked to have an effect..

My final analysis of each defender involved directly in the shutting down of Ingram reads like this..

Pickett 40%
Raji 20%
Matthews 13%
Burnett 11%
Bishop 10%
Hawk 5%
David Thomas (Dude got flicked aside by Matthews) 1%

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I grew up with Madden and Michaels doing MNF and choosing someone for the player of the game to go on a horse trailer.
Btw I do like Gus Johnson. He makes even average games sound exciting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts