FBO: Packers losses

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an article kind of foreboding for us packers:
Super Bowl XLV: A blueprint for the Pittsburgh Steelers to beat the Green Bay Packers - ESPN

If you don't have insider to espn you can't see it so here's what it says.

According to Football outsiders the Packers have played 4 "bad" games this year. Washington, Miami, Chicago, and Detroit.

They say the way to beat the packers is to accomplish these:
• Collect at least four sacks.

• Force more turnovers than they allow.

• Get at least 90 yards from a top wide receiver

They also point out that the steelers are kind of built to do that. Explosive Mike Wallace, best pass rush in the NFL, and a team only won the turnover battle against them one time this year.

Now it is fair to point out that they said they will be breaking down how to beat the steelers next week, so I'm sure it will look better when they do that. But he did say something like "so far it looks like the steelers are the worst possible matchup for the packers in the SB."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things look different on paper then they do when the actual game is played.
Any given Super Bowl.
And one thing all that stuff doesn't reflect is momentum and the energy.
The Packers want it more.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they also post the blueprint for the Packers to beat the Steelers?

I hardly think the Steelers are the "worst possible matchup" for us. More like they are equal.

Looks to me this was written by a Steelers fan who banged his head too many times on the Steel Curtain.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
They forgot to add:

• Score more points.

That one is probably the most important. Surprised they missed it...

EDIT TO ADD: You beat me to it, PackersRS

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's an article kind of foreboding for us packers:
Super Bowl XLV: A blueprint for the Pittsburgh Steelers to beat the Green Bay Packers - ESPN

If you don't have insider to espn you can't see it so here's what it says.

According to Football outsiders the Packers have played 4 "bad" games this year. Washington, Miami, Chicago, and Detroit.

They say the way to beat the packers is to accomplish these:
• Collect at least four sacks.

• Force more turnovers than they allow.

• Get at least 90 yards from a top wide receiver
"

Washington Clay missed most of 4th? He also missed Miami game

Detroit with out Rodgers

Bears? We had 18 penalties

They mention that stuff?

Not to mention we were very very close to winning those games even tho had issues that we had no control over

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington Clay missed most of 4th? He also missed Miami game

Detroit with out Rodgers

Bears? We had 18 penalties

They mention that stuff?

Not to mention we were very very close to winning those games even tho had issues that we had no control over

Good point! Also were not all those losses by 6 pts or less? They are still losses but it says something when nobody has the ability to blow you out.

waffles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock into these protips :wink: some people will pick packers some will pick steelers. Aside from the actual days where the players talk to the media, I am going to try and stay clear of the round table discussions (or whatever you wanna call them) because at the end of the day it means nothing

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, it's kind of annoying. All I see and hear lately is how the Steelers are gonna beat the Packers because of X.Y.Z. Packers last time I checked were the Vegas favorite, but the media seems to be in love with the Steelers (It's the rings). Waffles is right, all this prognostication means squat once the whistle blows to start the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wanna beat the Packers? Easy, if you have the personnel like detroit, you get a ton of pressure with your D line and drop everyone else into coverage. Here is the thing, most teams dont have the talent to do that. I think we should be okay.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Super Bowl hype. Gotta love it.

The Miami game we were without Matthews, so the Steelers better take him out.
The Redskins game we lost Finley, too bad he is already out.
The Bears game Packers had an amazing amount of penalties on them.
The Lions game Packers were overconfident and lost Rodgers, better take him out.

So from my point of view the best way to beat the Packers, take out Matthews and Rodgers, and have the Refs call penalties on us like crazy. Sounds pretty plausible eh Packer fans.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super Bowl hype. Gotta love it.

The Miami game we were without Matthews, so the Steelers better take him out.
The Redskins game we lost Finley, too bad he is already out.
The Bears game Packers had an amazing amount of penalties on them.
The Lions game Packers were overconfident and lost Rodgers, better take him out.

So from my point of view the best way to beat the Packers, take out Matthews and Rodgers, and have the Refs call penalties on us like crazy. Sounds pretty plausible eh Packer fans.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't put ideas into their heads!!!!!!!!!!

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part is: of all of those games were the first six games of the season... and the lions game because we didnt have Rodgers. It all boils down to the Packers are a different team at that time and they are playing at a much higher level. GO PACK GO!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't put ideas into their heads!!!!!!!!!!

Kitten if you look at that though, isn't that almost any team's best way to win take out the best play makers.

Know what the easiest way for the Packers to win? Don't let them drop those sure interceptions like they did versus the Patriots.

OP
OP
P

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I'm not sayin I agree with what they said. Just saying what Football outsiders said. They are kind of regarded as the smartest of the football media. And I like the point that all of those games were in the first half of the season. Not to mention we did have Rodgers out and matthews. Just tryin to post some information. And no it wasn't some post by a Steeler fan.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packerfury we aren't arguing with you, so please don't take it personal. We are posting our beliefs to that article, and I am posting my best counter arguments to those losses. Generally yeah a lot of sacks would knock out the opponent in a game and the turnover battle. The only stat that caught me off by surprise was teh 90 yards by a TE, but then you must trust your TE to not do anything stupid in front of the Packers secondary, since we have been great at making picks.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they can say what they want,but they are not in the planning room with, the players or coaches and the steelers won't lay down,but for some reason I don't know what it is but the pack is going to win,I don't know why but I kept telling family and friends,when they said we won't get into the playoffs we did then they said we won't beat the bears,they have a tough d-line we did,and my guts keep telling me we win s.b. so I don't
care what experts say,I think it is the players that are saying it because they know it will not be easy to get back there,and what a day for packer nation when they bring it home.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Worst possible opponent? Of course they are, they won the AFC, I'd sure love it if we can switch them out for the Broncos instead?
BTW, I've listened to quite a few of those "round table" discussions. Most ex players or current player analysts give the edge to the Packers more than the Steelers.
Here's one more thing about that "experience" factor. It's just not a factor. Things happen on a regular basis in the NFL that hasn't happened before.
You might think experience might help settle nerves, but I don't for one second think our team considers themselves "lucky" to be here. I firmly believe they are 100% on this game and feeling confident. Name the last time you've seen our team play "nervous"
They've had the pressure of "one and done" for 5 weeks now, I think they get the concept.
I'm going to predict one more thing, the losing team will claim their team played poorly. They will not get the fact that the Packers are just a better team.

Members online

Latest posts