Favre Needs More Time

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ive talked to Ryan about having an ignore button, so i can ignore everything he says. I apologize, but when i see such stupidity, I have to respond. As soon as the ignore feature is available, it wont happen. I apologize to other users.

just the personal attacks man, thats all. we gotta play nice with each other for the sake of the board. i've crossed the line on occasion myself, so i know personally how difficult it can be.

try heavy sarcasm :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well his posts make no sense. I just get baffled and riled up over stupidity. My bad. I think im done for the night anyway. My weekend starts now. Time to go get ripped. peace homies. my home aces. yo.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wonder how sincere Farve is about making up his mind. He pulls this crap every year and no one knows whether he is going to play or not, until he gets another burst of enthusiasm, and then tells everyone "I love football and want to be a winner." He must be facing some kind of personal dilemma the causes a crisis of choice.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT's-Roidaz...

....think of how I feel when I see your inane drivel......

TT..Here's a solution....If you get "baffled and riled up over stupidity"...then DON"T POST...

that'd solve your problem....

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say give him until March 7 then cut because I don't think we should pay a 3 million dollar bonus on the 8th then have him announce his retirement. I love Favre and always will but the reality is he is not our future and if we are this close to building the team and he doesn't know if he wants to be part of it then he should retire. He should be revered for all he has given us but his time has probably passed and we need to look ahead. Doesn't matter how much he has done for us or how much we respect him the day needs to come when he leaves.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been impatient (ask my wife). But this Favre thing would test the patience of a saint. I've never been a Favre lover nor hater. I know he played long and well while being VERY well paid. That to me is only fair. It is not as if he gave up money he could have earned elsewhere to play here. When he restructured he never gave up a dollar...he just took it in a different way. Gilbert Brown, on the other hand, gave up more money(reportedly $1m/yr.) to stay with the Pack. HE will always have a special place in my heart. So it is my opinion that he not be allowed to hamstring TT by his indecision...that hurts the GREEN BAY Packers, and thoroughly riles me. As said many times...No ONE player is bigger than the team. No TEN players are bigger than the team. If he waits until AFTER the draft to see if the team is worthy of him, I say CUT his wealthy butt! (note: once again, I am NOT a Favre hater.)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
DePack said:
You ungrateful Favre bashers should have your nuts placed on an iceblock and smashed with a sledgehammer.

So, how would you put the girls on a iceblock?

*****.....I guess. Actually I would bet Favre doesn't have any bashers of the female persuasion. He DID win "sexiest man in the NFL" didn't he?

Hey arrow.......Trom called me an idiot :( Can you please send him an PM?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
DePack said:
You ungrateful Favre bashers should have your nuts placed on an iceblock and smashed with a sledgehammer.

So, how would you put the girls on a iceblock?

*****.....I guess. Actually I would bet Favre doesn't have any bashers of the female persuasion. He DID win "sexiest man in the NFL" didn't he?

Hey arrow.......Trom called me an idiot :( Can you please send him an PM?

How in the unholiest depths of hell can yoou say someone is ungrateful for not bowing to Favredom. Some of us feel that he needs to **** or get off the pot. He is a fifteen year vet how needs to just make a decision he is a big boy and I am sure it will come. But just because I dont agree with his methodology does not make me ungrateful or an ingrate.

I also dont like the way TT has approached things so far as well. All it makes me is a passionate Packer Fan.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times did you vote for him Brokeback....er...DePack?? LOL

The sad thing about cold and gender is that it is flattering for girls, not so much for guys....as dramatized in the infamous "Shrinkage" episode on Seinfeld. "Like a scared turtle.........."

Anyhoo......I feel that Brett needs to be provided a little time if the bonus can be pushed back before his decision is made. It would be a shame to payout on his bonus and have him decide to walk away days or weeks later. He does put the organization in a bit of an awkward position, but I believe certain players deserve the benefit of the doubt in a scenario like this....and he is tops on the list.

And for those of you who resort to "Favre Basher" and the like, it is not very far sighted to completely ignore the negative reality of Favre stringing this thing out. Sure, you may disagree with it...and with the positions some others take on it....but some folks view their team from the perspective of a GM (long-term viability), a coach (emphasis on the present and immediate future), and some are just fans with myriad positions. Get over the fact that the entire world (or in this case, the entire forum) doesn't see things from your perspective.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys want reality? Here it is. BRETT FAVRE IS UNDER CONTRACT TO PLAY FOR THE GREEN BAY PACKERS NEXT SEASON. There.....there is reality. Under that contract he can retire whenever he wants. Also under the contract, TT can cut him without pay whenever he wants. What is the big F@@@in' deal. If the Packers can't wait any longer....cut his ***. If you don't have the balls to cut his *** then shut the F up about it.

His contract is no different than anybody else's. Why should he be hounded like it is.

And digs....I ain't no ****.......not that there's anything wrong with that. And if you haven't seen people bashing Favre on this forum (most of them wouldn't know a pigskin from a ********) then you haven't been paying attention.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...I've seen it. Don't agree with it, but the world is far too demanding of my time and energy to get my undies in a bunch over it.

Viva la difference!

Can I periodically use your pigskin/******** analogy? It is a classic as far as I am concerned.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, bud. I will use with discretion so as to not lessen its value/impact when deployed.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
So it's turning into a standoff, although at least at this point it has not become hostile. I think what Favre needs to come back is a really bold move in free agency, I mean a real big name player or maybe two of them. At this point, I don't know who that might be, but there will be a lot of names floating around out there within a couple days. If Thompson plans to make a splash in free agency, he should move quickly.

I admit I have mixed feelings about this because Favre's performance really tailed off during the second half of last season. I'm not sure if he can maintain that fire for an entire season anymore, even if the team is better.

I totally agree with the first part and totally disagree with the second part.
With **** poor blocking and 10 guys on the sidelines dressed in Parka's and crutches, yeah, he didn't look too great. Name one that would.

It was a miracle we were competitive in almost every game with what happened last year and if it weren't for BF's competitive, hate to lose, gimmee what you got, attitude we would have gotten are ***** handed to us week in-week out. Period.

No running game to rely on and Fergy out there running around looking for a hole to jump in. Hmmm, I think I would want to know what they are going to do about it myself.

Members online

Latest posts