Favre and Packer image tarnished

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What in the world has happened to our Green Bay Packers? Is this all Mike Sherman's fault? Did he do that much damage to this organization during his time here? What is going on with Brett? If it weren't so tragic for our Packer fans, this would almost be laughable. Here is Brett locked up in Mississippi not telling anyone what his plans are. And yet word is out that he's waiting to hear what TT and MM will do to make the Packers better. TT is telling everyone he's trying. MM is saying that we'll be fine and is certainly taking the company line. It's become a joke. Now Chumura comes out and talks about how Brett talks about Walker not being a team player and how Brett is doing the same thing. I guess that is an interesting take on it.

I truly think the best thing the Pack can do right now is send TT and MM to Mississippi and tell Brett we need an answer, no matter what the answer is, we need an answer. All of this delay is doing nothing but tarnishing Brett's image with many fans. That's just not the way a guy of his stature should be ending his career in the greatest football team and city in the NFL. I am bothered by this because when Brett does retire, he deserves a statue in front of Lambeau, but if he keeps up these antics my concern is that he will leave with a black mark rather than going out as perhaps the best player ever to play this game. And TT and MM need to be forthcoming and admit that we're in a rebuilding mode and here is how we're going to do it. As for TT I say he's got one more draft after this years draft to determine whether he keeps his job. In two more drafts everything should be much more clear as to whether this team is in good hands or not.

How do we fix this?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What i don't like is it seems to leave the fans in either the "Favre" camp, or the "Packer" camp. Either it's Favre holding up the team, or the team not doing enough to bring Favre back. Your right........it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth. It needs to be over......SOON. I don't like PACKER fans bashing each other over something NONE of us has control over. And really, we DON'T know which is more to blame.

vbpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing disgusts me more and more every day!
We REALLY need Brett to pull-up his jock, become a team leader!
This SUCKS, lead by example..............................DAMMIT!!
Go PACKERS

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't you guys get a job or a hobby or something. This world of instant info is killing you guys. Way too stressful!

YEa ...blame it on Sherman. Seems like the bad pub started the day TT fired Sherman and hasn't stopped since!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is that its dividing Pack fans as much as Pack fans are starting to look like every other teams fans. I thought Packer fans were a breed of thier own and smart enough to realize a media driven lynching when they see one.

Brett gets "blamed" when a group of sportscasters convince the fans that Brett is doing something wrong.To me Brett's legacy is not tarnished at all but the whole Packer fan thing definitely is.

I am sorry, bash me if you like, but all the fans whining and complaining over something that is not a bit effecting this team are the ones that are the problem. It's not Brett or TT or MM. It's Mark "Molester" Chmura throwing out controversial statements and then impatient Packer Fans that take it at face value.

We seem to blame Brett for something that is our fault. We are the problem. The media baited the hook and half the Packer nation bit. We are running Favre out the door with our impatience. It does nothing but **** me off.

Whats next, are we going to boo the guy when he runs out on the field, if he ever does again? As soon as someone fumbles a ball is it going to be Brett's fault for taking time to decide in the offseason? Before you know it we will be wearing the opposing teams jersey to games like Lions fans.

Its funny how us fans feel like Favre somehow betrayed us. I would say that THOSE fans betrayed him! You know what, if I was Brett I would rather hang em up then come back and play for those greedy,selfish,ungrateful turncoats. If he leaves it will be OUR FAULTS and I hope all you NOBODIES that complain, when your biggest life decision is to eat Wheaties or Raisen Bran for breakfast,feel empowered by what you have caused.

I just hope you keep your fat jaws shut when Brett walks away and we have to suffer through years of mediocre football because its what YOU wanted and its what YOU got. YOU are the ones ripping this team apart. I no longer feel that Packer fans in general are any better than any other fans in this league. I would expect this from any of the other 31 teams in the leagues fans but not you so-called die-hards. Go get a Vikings jersey,go get a Bears shirt or maybe even one of those pretty hog noses and root for the Redskins, but don't put your cheesehead on and consider yourselves Packer fans because you simply are just another fair-weather fan!

micklaus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why should Brett come back? He doesn't need the money. Look at the younger generation of impact players. To a man they are all selfish and will jump team allegiance for a dollar. The whole league disgusts me and I am sure this is weighing on Brett. Sure some of the blame can be attributed to the management, but it is the perception of entitlement that the players feel that is unbearbale. The whole Javon Walker thing is terrible. I am sure that is a burden as well.

Favre is going to do what is best for him. He has nothing to prove to a couple of disgruntled posters on this website. Nor does he have to explain why he isfeeling disenchanted. His run may be over and if it is good for him. He has made a lot of money, has a great legacy, and believe it or not has left most of us with a lot of great memories. That is what you should be thankful for. Remember Brett owes you nothing.

You owe Brett everything. And one of those things is time.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you ****, all of this is driven by a story making media and a bunch of Ingrate Packer fans pushing Brett out the door for nothing more than impatience. Brett is not negatively effecting this but THEY are.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Go get a Vikings jersey,go get a Bears shirt or maybe even one of those pretty hog noses and root for the Redskins, but don't put your cheesehead on and consider yourselves Packer fans because you simply are just another fair-weather fan!

I'm hearing a lot of this lately. "We're just like the other 31 teams." How does this situation with Favre compare to the psyche of fans of those other teams. I'm really serious about this - I don't know where this is coming from.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I am sorry, bash me if you like, but all the fans whining and complaining over something that is not a bit effecting this team are the ones that are the problem. It's not Brett or TT or MM. It's Mark "Molester" Chmura throwing out controversial statements and then impatient Packer Fans that take it at face value.

Right on pd!!

This is a fabricated story that really has no meaning and the media is eating it up. It's the same old thing from our current media, instead of reporting the news they just have to make stories. Always picking and choosing the facts necessary to fit to their created stories.

In this case bored sports writers are eating up the idea the the great icon, Brett Favre, now is hurting his team.

Favre hasn't changed his tune all along. He wants time to decide and part of it is seeing how GB plays the offseason. TT hasn't changed his tune either. He is building a team for the future and he would make the same moves with either Favre or Rodgers as the starter.

Brett's decision will not change the draft or any FA moves prior to it IMO. His contract "deadline" is meaningless as we all know. So sit back, get ready for the draft and minicamps.

GO PACK GO!!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Bobby, a breath of fresh air! Its funny that people think by Brett making a decisioneither way it is going to change our whole outlook on the future.

Like TT just wokeup yesterday and said "Oh my god, Brett may retire."

If its this year or not, the plan is not going to change. It's so sickening to watch people pile on Brett but they offer nothing as to how this is going to effect anything this season or next.

Just pointed words with no explanation intended to STICK the future HOF'er right in the back.

As far as you Miskito, you would have to be a Packers fan to understand. Its kind of like one of those clubs you can't gain access to. You know its really badass inside but because you can't get in, you're not sure why

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
As far as you Miskito, you would have to be a Packers fan to understand. Its kind of like one of those clubs you can't gain access to. You know its really badass inside but because you can't get in, you're not sure why

In other words - you can't explain it. Since you started the "badass" club analogy, let me continue. It's like if an outsider of that club asks a member why it's so badass, his answer would be, "it just is."

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I don't think the problem is that its dividing Pack fans as much as Pack fans are starting to look like every other teams fans. I thought Packer fans were a breed of thier own and smart enough to realize a media driven lynching when they see one.

Brett gets "blamed" when a group of sportscasters convince the fans that Brett is doing something wrong.To me Brett's legacy is not tarnished at all but the whole Packer fan thing definitely is.

We seem to blame Brett for something that is our fault. We are the problem. The media baited the hook and half the Packer nation bit. We are running Favre out the door with our impatience. It does nothing but **** me off.

Whats next, are we going to boo the guy when he runs out on the field, if he ever does again? As soon as someone fumbles a ball is it going to be Brett's fault for taking time to decide in the offseason? Before you know it we will be wearing the opposing teams jersey to games like Lions fans.

Its funny how us fans feel like Favre somehow betrayed us. I would say that THOSE fans betrayed him! You know what, if I was Brett I would rather hang em up then come back and play for those greedy,selfish,ungrateful turncoats. If he leaves it will be OUR FAULTS and I hope all you NOBODIES that complain, when your biggest life decision is to eat Wheaties or Raisen Bran for breakfast,feel empowered by what you have caused.

I just hope you keep your fat jaws shut when Brett walks away and we have to suffer through years of mediocre football because its what YOU wanted and its what YOU got. YOU are the ones ripping this team apart. I no longer feel that Packer fans in general are any better than any other fans in this league. I would expect this from any of the other 31 teams in the leagues fans but not you so-called die-hards. Go get a Vikings jersey,go get a Bears shirt or maybe even one of those pretty hog noses and root for the Redskins, but don't put your cheesehead on and consider yourselves Packer fans because you simply are just another fair-weather fan!

Pyledriver...this is the best post I've read on this whole mess..!

Kind of shows the hypocracy of the mindless TT lovers who claim that he is the innocent "victim" in all of this...(which is exactly what TT wants them to think....)

But believe me..he knows what he is doing...and he is far from innocent...!

It's kind of like the Joe Montana situation when they forced him out of S.F....only he went on for a couple of years and led the Chiefs to some playoff games...when they hadn't been there in quite awhile!

The whole business makes me want to :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: ....

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i seriously would puke if the montana situation happened to brett, but thank god i know he won't play for anyone else. i just want him to come back. it's like that girl you dated in High school that you love so much but she says she needs time to decide if she wants to be with you. i'm waiting for brett to make that decision, and it's tough. though i have done nothing but supported brett during this offseason, patiently waiting, i can understand those fans who start saying nasty **** about favre. you love him but you feel like he's hurting you and the fact that someone you love so much would do that to you is unbearable. so, enough of my ********** metaphor. please come back brett. i'll be waiting.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill........Brett is not affecting the club in anyway. For all of you wanting him to say something today to be THE TEAM LEADER just sit back and relax. Him saying nothing is doing nothing to hurt his leadership ability. If you think it is you are confussed.

Brett is Brett and is doing what Brett does. We all know he is a different breed so you need to accept it and move on

Blaming Sherman for all this is silly. Seems to me all the issues started with TT coming on board. Correct me if I'm wrong!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, not really, Sherman fell in love with a lot of players who should have been gone long ago, paid too much for far too little as GM, completely ruined any creativity or cohesion on the offensive side of the ball, failed to build a defense over a 5 year period, and hit 2 draft picks in Barnett and Walker while tossing so many picks away in pursuit of that monster sleeper who would validate him as GM.

We can debate the performance of TT..and there is certainly merit to both sides of the arguement. But Sherman's performance is there for the viewing, and all told, he did much to bring this team to its current sorry state.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning the division, making the playoff's.......having one bad year since he got here?????

I know I am in the minority here and I accept that but I have enjoyed the run we have had.

Let me ask you this...didn't things suck in the 70's and 80's vs what we recently had going here?

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Farve needs to be back on the field and playing again. Honestly, I don't care who he's playing for - he just needs to be out there. The best way for him to go out is not this "I don't feel like playing" garbage. He needs to keep playing til there's nothing left of his body, when only his heart remains. He should play for another 10 years minimum, and, ideally, die on the field where he belongs.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon Krd05..

Sherman was over his head...and if he really was any good he could have put together a team with Favre to get to the SB in that time...

It was Favre that held up and covered Sherman's *** all that time...and not the other way around...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On this matter, 66...we have the rarity that is complete agreement. Sherman was made by that HOF QB. Brett covered up so many warts in MS's play calling and the mess that was the weekly gameplan it is insane.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
krd005 said:
Winning the division, making the playoff's.......having one bad year since he got here?????

I know I am in the minority here and I accept that but I have enjoyed the run we have had.

Let me ask you this...didn't things suck in the 70's and 80's vs what we recently had going here?

I know you always need SOME help to win a div crown, but a td on the very last play of the very last game of the year??

You saw what happened when the team made the playoffs...They were in over their head and won the div cuz mostly the other teams really sucked..

What happened to the mystic of Lambeau?? The home playoff losses?

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I am saying is that the man had success in a difficult environment.

Have you played competetive sports?

If you have, how many National Championships did you win?

How many times did you make the playoffs?

Did you consider it a sucess to make the playoffs?

If you qualify to answer any of the above I would like to hear the answers. Do you realize how many things have to happen to win it all everytime you step out onto that field or court. I think some of the people around here made the team in high school. Played with the second unit and now know all about what it takes or what makes a guy or team a success

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not basing my comments on Sherman's failure to "win it all". I am basing my comments on the horrible home winning percentage; the manner with which his teams lost...embarrassingly mostly...get a lead, go into a shell, lose; the highly predictable offense that MINIMIZED, not maximized, the talents of his HOF QB; the rampant cronyism that was his staff. Hey, given the choice, all things being equal, we would all hire a friend...that is not the problem. The problem was MS's WILLINGNESS to keep proven hacks like Frank Novak and Tom Rossley ([email protected] shudder even mentioning his name); his inability to recognize the need to build his defense over a 5 year span; his horrific trading of picks for what could generously be called reaches in the draft; the fact that he was OUTCOACHED BY MIKE TICE TWICE last season; and the list can go on and on and on.......................

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
C'mon Krd05..

Sherman was over his head...and if he really was any good he could have put together a team with Favre to get to the SB in that time...

It was Favre that held up and covered Sherman's *** all that time...and not the other way around...

Why couldn't Favre cover TT's *** last year?

Sherman did a fine job, in fact:

Sherman as GM was 44-20 (with B Favre at QB)
TT as the GM is 4-12 (with B Favre at QB)

The failing of Sherman was that he did not make it to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl. However, he won 4 out of 5 and 3 straight Division Championships. He outperformed 75 % of his peers.

Now, before your little shizzy gets in a tizzy, I understand why we are where we are today...Bob Harlan very much believed that the roles of GM and HC needed to be separate, and thus, the hiring of TT. The success of TT will not be evident for some time down the road...

TT - in one year, with Brett Favre at QB - fielded a team and coaching staff that was 4-12 and LAST in the Division...If TT someday has the success that Sherman had, I will be very happy, and maybe - just maybe - he will be MORE successful...Now that would be awesome.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I am not basing my comments on Sherman's failure to "win it all". I am basing my comments on the horrible home winning percentage; the manner with which his teams lost...embarrassingly mostly...get a lead, go into a shell, lose; the highly predictable offense that MINIMIZED, not maximized, the talents of his HOF QB; the rampant cronyism that was his staff. Hey, given the choice, all things being equal, we would all hire a friend...that is not the problem. The problem was MS's WILLINGNESS to keep proven hacks like Frank Novak and Tom Rossley ([email protected] shudder even mentioning his name); his inability to recognize the need to build his defense over a 5 year span; his horrific trading of picks for what could generously be called reaches in the draft; the fact that he was OUTCOACHED BY MIKE TICE TWICE last season; and the list can go on and on and on.......................

What about the cronyism on MM's staff? What about the cromyism of Marv Levy hiring **** Jauron...are you kidding me? Cronyism (by your inference, is alllllll over this league)

Have you seen the resume of our current Special Teams coach?

What you are failing to recognize is that what Sherman accomplished is better than 75% of his peers...which you can blah blah blah about all day long...but, within one year of losing power, the team faded to 4-12 and LAST in the Division...Maybe you oughta look somewhere else....Like the talent on the field, rather than your "outcoached by Mike Tice twice last year" statement...

Face it, the Packers roster, as it stands today, is probably 4th best in the Division...

I continue to believe that there is a segment of Packer Fandom that is in for a real wake up call...and last year was just the start...

Latest posts