Favorite Packers game you have ever attended...

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yes, it is costly - but once you go there it is entirely worth it.
Made my pilgrimage to Lambeau for the 2011 opener against the Saints. Had tears welling up in my eyes when I walked in the stadium. According to my wife I was not alone. It was an incredible experience. But my favorite game was the 2011 San Diego game. Threw a tailgate that had I'm guessing 200 people show up for it. From all over the country, Canada and Mexico. Worked my butt off for 3 days and had I think one beer but it was so awesome to get all those packer fans from around the country together, it was organized on this forum, alot of the people that are or were members were there, Even the Great and Powerful OZ Robdog was there. There's a thread for it on this forum with pics from people. We were the Undefeated Defending Super Bowl Champs. Rivers had to go to a silent count in his own stadium. We were behind the Packers bench and all of us started chanting MVP, Rodgers turned and gave us all a fist pump. It was an incredibly awesome day. Hope to do it again in in 5 years and I hope we are the defending champs.

Had tickets to the NFC Championship game that year but we know how that turned out.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
October 24th 2004 We played the Cowboys and I must have been one of the first in the stadium. I watched in awe as the stadium filled up, and I think I took hundreds of photos which sadly I lost. I remember a running TD by Ahman Green from I think our 20 yrd line. I jumped up and screamed him in. I turned to see a couple from Milwaukee sitting open mouthed, and then laughing in a nice way as they said they never realised how fanatical a Brit could be. Fantastic day, the whole day.
I thought you were English ;)

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My son was a make a wish child in 2005.. I wanted to give back so I volunteer for maw and have for close to 9 years...

I always enjoy these stories and it makes me grin when I know the family had an awesome time.

The packers entire organization does a fantastic job for us as fans and even more so for wish kids.

Thank you for sharing your story

Thank you for your volunteer work for Make A Wish, I seriously can't thank them enough for what they did for me and my family.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite Packer game was in Tampa. The last year of the big sombrero. The Bucs were BOOed when they were introduced at home. It was 1996. Ray Nitschke stopped and had a beer with us on his way up to sit with Max in the radio booth. 4 threw tractor beams. Ive never spilled more beer in one day in my life.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fav game would been yancy thigpenend zone drop on xmas eve for our 1st div title in ages..

I have a the newspaper from that days sports page framed in my rec room. (Photo of Thigpen dropping the ball)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to a few games over the years. My favorite was the 2007 Championship game only because of the cold. Those are the scenarios that stick out most. There was also the Vikings game in 2002 or 2003 when I lost our tickets while tailgating before the game. It was a bitter game to watch at Krolls.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
For the love of God !!! :cry::cry:.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bill there's a funny story behind this. I was in some large meetings a number of years back and one of the speakers had a deep "across the pond" accent. When it was my turn to speak, I apologized that my Central PA slur wasn't as easy to listen to as the Scottish speaker. At which point he stood right up and said; "For the record, I'm not a Scot. I'm Welsh." Everybody laughed and then when ever anyone in the meeting stood to speak they introduced themselves as "Welsh", including the Asian guy who stood up and said; "For the record, I'm Welsh." :laugh:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
'96... Took 8 year old son for his first Packers game. The Pack kicked *** that day...but watching that boys eyes get the size of half dollars when we got to the top of the entrance ramp and the full inside of the stadium came into view ... yeah... my most memorable game...including a couple of big ones in New Orleans and San Diego. He turns 25 tomorrow?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
All those years I lived 26 miles from Lambeau, my oldest sister had access to 4 season tickets for 10 years, (from her husbands dead uncle who still paid for them.) I never once have attended a Packers game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
All those years I lived 26 miles from Lambeau, my oldest sister had access to 4 season tickets for 10 years, (from her husbands dead uncle who still paid for them.) I never once have attended a Packers game.

Boy, some people's kids. What a leftist. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pulaski? Briarton?

Or south of the stadium?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
:mad: As God is my Judge, you have gone too far.....I will hunt you down like a dog and get you for that. If it takes a lifetime, I will get you........French ?? How dare you ??
I used to watch "Yes Minister" when I was stationed in the UK. I remember one show where he was going to have a meeting with his French counterpart. His Civil Servant secretary told him there were things he should not tell the French. The Minister said, "But the French are our allies". The Secretary said "Only for the last hundred years". LMAO.

Members online

Latest posts