Favorite Packers game you have ever attended...

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all - I have been a longtime reader of this forum and finally decided to join. I look forward to meeting you and joining discussions involving the best organization in sports. Here is my first shot at creating a thread -

I live in TX but have remained loyal to the Packers since I was 6 years old. So loyal that I travel to Green Bay at least once every year to catch a Packer game. Of course I have to take the tour of Lambeau every time I am there - it never gets old. This got me thinking back to all of the games I have attended and which one do I consider to be the best?

January 12, 2008. Seahawks vs Packers - Divisional Round

As we arrived at Lambeau, it was barely snowing - it was cold, but the playoff atmosphere kept me plenty warm. We were so excited for the game to start. As the game began the snow increased a little bit but still nothing major. The Packers did not start off well with 2 early 1st Quarter turnovers and a deficit of 14-0. Well, after that the tides turned. We stormed back and so did mother nature. As the Packers got back into the game the snowfall kept increasing and the flakes were getting bigger. We overcame the 14 point hole we dug ourselves into, and then we started pouring it on. I remember it being late in the 3rd quarter and because of the heavy snow you couldn't see across the field. There's just something magical at Lambeau on every visit, but this time it was pretty surreal. Heavy snow, heavy points, and the Packers prevailed 42-20. I cherish each and every time I visit Green Bay and watch the Packers - but this trip gave me memories that will last my lifetime.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have never made it to Green Bay before. I'd really like to get to Lambeau for a game, but buying tickets plus having to fly there up the expenses more than I can afford.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Monday, December 7th, 2009. Two of my sons took me on a road trip to GB as a Christmas present and to fulfill part of my bucket list. I have a progressive, chronic incurable (but not fatal) disease which had mostly destroyed all my hopes of ever seeing the Pack. Then my boys came through. We went early and took in a couple days of Green Bay, the hall of fame, field tour, Bart Starr tailgate party. I met Fuzzy Thurston and found him to be a man with a great spirit. He signed a T-Shirt for me that said I tailgated with him. LOL. We also ran into Dave Robinson when he was all alone. He let my boys hold his Super Bowl rings. Then he signed a book for me that said I was a "true Packer fan". (When I walked into the room to ask him if he was indeed Dave Robinson, he saw that I was wearing a Bart Starr jersey and said; "Now THAT was a REAL quarterback.") These guys were some of my heroes in the 60's when the Packers were my youth obsession and I couldn't believe how gracious, kind and humble they were. The game was a fiasco penalty wise, but the Pack came out on top. It was really really cold that night. I'm glad I took the advice of some local fans on the forums who told me how to dress and prepared for the night.

My boys were laughing at me as we started nearing Green Bay. One of my boys was driving and I looked out across some fields and saw Lambeau in the distance. I started getting all excited and repeating; "Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t." Believe it or not I was so excited to finally see Lambeau field and the town that I was literally breathless. My current avatar is of that night. And yes, the one who paid the most money for the trip is indeed a Niner fan. But he says the Packers are his second favorite team. He's always been a Niner fan since he was little. You try to rear them right, but......

OP
OP
Pack12TX

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great story Croak! I think I say "Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t every time I am there.

D

Deleted member 6794

Being from Austria it is a pretty long travel to Green Bay, nevertheless I was able to go there for the first time last year for the Bears and Eagles games. As you might expect I was kind of disappointed when Rodgers broke his collarbone in the first series I ever watched at Lambeau. Taking Seneca Wallace's injury into consideration during the first series of the second game I attended at The Frozen Tundra it might be a good idea for the team to ban me from the stadium from now on.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Final game of the 96 season vs. the Vikes. My only trip to Lambeau. 3 things stick out, Antonio Freeman got absolutely laid out right in front of us on what I remember was a punt return (that hit appears in some NFL's greatest hit videos on youtube), Keith Jackson scored a td right by our seats as well, and after losing 38-10 a group of Vikings fans were standing around looking like they were ready to cry.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was hard to pick, I haven't been to many. So I will pick all three my first , came against the chiefs then the vikekings,and then the browns different years first two Brett was playing last year the Browns that is the last game, Finnley was in I liked that game because they wore the old uniforms.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Monday, December 7th, 2009. Two of my sons took me on a road trip to GB as a Christmas present and to fulfill part of my bucket list. I have a progressive, chronic incurable (but not fatal) disease which had mostly destroyed all my hopes of ever seeing the Pack. Then my boys came through. We went early and took in a couple days of Green Bay, the hall of fame, field tour, Bart Starr tailgate party. I met Fuzzy Thurston and found him to be a man with a great spirit. He signed a T-Shirt for me that said I tailgated with him. LOL. We also ran into Dave Robinson when he was all alone. He let my boys hold his Super Bowl rings. Then he signed a book for me that said I was a "true Packer fan". (When I walked into the room to ask him if he was indeed Dave Robinson, he saw that I was wearing a Bart Starr jersey and said; "Now THAT was a REAL quarterback.") These guys were some of my heroes in the 60's when the Packers were my youth obsession and I couldn't believe how gracious, kind and humble they were. The game was a fiasco penalty wise, but the Pack came out on top. It was really really cold that night. I'm glad I took the advice of some local fans on the forums who told me how to dress and prepared for the night.

My boys were laughing at me as we started nearing Green Bay. One of my boys was driving and I looked out across some fields and saw Lambeau in the distance. I started getting all excited and repeating; "Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t, Holy Sh*t." Believe it or not I was so excited to finally see Lambeau field and the town that I was literally breathless. My current avatar is of that night. And yes, the one who paid the most money for the trip is indeed a Niner fan. But he says the Packers are his second favorite team. He's always been a Niner fan since he was little. You try to rear them right, but......

How can I hate you after that story ??? retract the Welsh remark and I might take you off ignore :roflmao:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
October 1956, my 1st live NFL game. Sitting in the wooden bleachers of City Stadium I saw Tobin Rote throw a touchdown pass to my boyhood hero, Billy Howten.
We lost to the Bears but it was the most exciting day of my young life. I was turning 8 years old in 2 weeks.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
November 5, 1989: Bears at Packers. My brother and my 3 sons traveled to Green Bay with no tickets. For several hours we walked around Lambeau looking for tickets, and there were none to be found (unlike today). We were invited to watch the game with some other tailgaters who had a tv set up on the back of a pick-up. My 3 boys found an opening beneath one of the gates and crawled under when the guards were not looking (I think on purpose--good guards!). My brother and I walked into the stadium in the 4th quarter, after the gates were opened--something that is no longer done. We found a couple of empty seats and watched Majkowski throw the TD that beat the Bears, only to be disallowed by being over the LOS. It was challenged, and The guy seated next to us had a portable TV in his lap that showed the replays, proving the pass was legal. The call was overturned, and the Instant Replay Game is still a great win in Packers' history. And the boys still talk about it.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from Austria it is a pretty long travel to Green Bay, nevertheless I was able to go there for the first time last year for the Bears and Eagles games. As you might expect I was kind of disappointed when Rodgers broke his collarbone in the first series I ever watched at Lambeau. Taking Seneca Wallace's injury into consideration during the first series of the second game I attended at The Frozen Tundra it might be a good idea for the team to ban me from the stadium from now on.

Aha, I could tell you were from outside the country but I wasn't sure where. How your apostrophes look gave it away.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
October 1956, my 1st live NFL game. Sitting in the wooden bleachers of City Stadium I saw Tobin Rote throw a touchdown pass to my boyhood hero, Billy Howten.
We lost to the Bears but it was the most exciting day of my young life. I was turning 8 years old in 2 weeks.
Great story about Billy Howton's meeting with the new coach, Lombardi, in Green Bay in David Maraniss' book "When Pride Still Mattered". He was traded to Cleveland not long after the get together.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jay Cutler's first game as a Bear. Sunday night opening weekend. 4 picks and Packers win with play action deep ball to
Jennings late.

Great game

Sky King

Reaction score
Packers Bears at Milwaukee County Stadium. About the mid-1960s. Both teams shared the same sideline. Lombardi, Starr, Nitchke, Taylor, Hornung, and on and on. The bums had Halas and guys like Sayers on their half of the sideline. I was just a kid who did not yet appreciate the experience the way I now do.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dec 28, 2008 watching NFL history as the Lions go 0-16. Seats in about row 25 at the 45. I have always had endzone seats for the rest of my games. Went with my eldest son as he got 2 tickets as a present.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs - January 8, 1994 Silverdome
Packers 28, Lions 24

The BreNt FvfRf to Sharp TD pass late in game to win int. Barnt let go of the ball right in front of us. Ahhhh...the good ole days when he still had it. Traveled with Packer fan tours so we had a section of seats that really enjoyed the celebration and rubbing it in their faces after getting treated like crap the entire game from idiot Lions fans. Sang "lion sleeps tonight" as the tour bus drove out of the parking lot!

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christmas Day, 2011. My first Pro Football game against the Chicago Bears. Man that was amazing and not just because of the game. Two days prior to the game, I got to meet the team thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Gotta watch them practice than got to eat lunch with them all. Charles Woodson, Matt Flynn, and Randall Cobb were one of the first players to come meet me and sign some stuff. Does guys were class acts all the way! Ne xt came in Jordy, Bulaga, And Sittion. Jordys son, Royal Nelson, came over and played a little bit with my little brother which was pretty awesome. I looked tiny compared to does two lineman too wow haha. Driver came up to us and was so nice. Came up to my mom and said she looked beautiful and made her day, loved that. Than he came to get a picture with me and I'll never forget what he said "Dang, I hate being small." Made me laugh. Clay came along and talked to him for a good 30 minutes. The most down to earth guy on the team. Talked about his child hood and video games, the guy is a class act. Aaron wasn't there at the time so I had to wait till Game Day to meet him. On Christmas, I went to the sidelines and got to meet Aaron Rodgers. I got a couple pictures and gear signed. But I think the greatest moment was after meeting Aaron. I was going under the ropes to go back and sit on the bleachers, but someone grabbed my jacket and pulled me back. I was completely confused, until I saw a not so small Donald Driver standing there, he gave me a huge hug and told me merry Christmas and God bless. Because of that, I threw away all the stats and wins of other Packer players, and made Driver my all time favorite Packer. God bless that man. Thanks to that experience, I am the huge Packer fan I am today. God Bless the Green Bay Packers!!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great story about Billy Howton's meeting with the new coach, Lombardi, in Green Bay in David Maraniss' book "When Pride Still Mattered". He was traded to Cleveland not long after the get together.
I read that book years ago.
I'm going to have to dig it out and read it again.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

October 24th 2004 We played the Cowboys and I must have been one of the first in the stadium. I watched in awe as the stadium filled up, and I think I took hundreds of photos which sadly I lost. I remember a running TD by Ahman Green from I think our 20 yrd line. I jumped up and screamed him in. I turned to see a couple from Milwaukee sitting open mouthed, and then laughing in a nice way as they said they never realised how fanatical a Brit could be. Fantastic day, the whole day.

Reaction score
First of all.. Buggs, you are not on "follow" so I promise you I'm not stalking you today!!
Ok. I've got to stand by the most memorable.. It's been awhile so forgive me my mind is being reluctant to pull out a date? Mid 1980's home game, Milwaukee County Stadium. Funny part is I don't recall who we were playing, who won or who lost because of the events post game. My new awesome Stepdad Dave who later passed from cancer in 1991....
He was driving my mom, my stepbrother and myself back home to LaCrosse in his brand new Mercury Grand Marquis. We had just stopped for some fast food for the trip and we weren't but 10 minutes outside Milwaukee cruising down the HWY when my stepbrother nudged me to look out the window. There was a car running next to us at about 55MPH with a carload of chicks Then I saw her butt sticking out the window as she mooned us. For like a good 10sec haha. I guess my Stepdad figured it out also.
Now Dave was always quiet and reserved but I noticed him speeding up and slowing down trying to stick with that car over the next mile or so (which I secretly appreciated) I guess he hoped to get another look!! Ahahaha.
This is a true story swear on the Lords good name. Lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Christmas Day, 2011. My first Pro Football game against the Chicago Bears. Man that was amazing and not just because of the game. Two days prior to the game, I got to meet the team thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Gotta watch them practice than got to eat lunch with them all. Charles Woodson, Matt Flynn, and Randall Cobb were one of the first players to come meet me and sign some stuff. Does guys were class acts all the way! Ne xt came in Jordy, Bulaga, And Sittion. Jordys son, Royal Nelson, came over and played a little bit with my little brother which was pretty awesome. I looked tiny compared to does two lineman too wow haha. Driver came up to us and was so nice. Came up to my mom and said she looked beautiful and made her day, loved that. Than he came to get a picture with me and I'll never forget what he said "Dang, I hate being small." Made me laugh. Clay came along and talked to him for a good 30 minutes. The most down to earth guy on the team. Talked about his child hood and video games, the guy is a class act. Aaron wasn't there at the time so I had to wait till Game Day to meet him. On Christmas, I went to the sidelines and got to meet Aaron Rodgers. I got a couple pictures and gear signed. But I think the greatest moment was after meeting Aaron. I was going under the ropes to go back and sit on the bleachers, but someone grabbed my jacket and pulled me back. I was completely confused, until I saw a not so small Donald Driver standing there, he gave me a huge hug and told me merry Christmas and God bless. Because of that, I threw away all the stats and wins of other Packer players, and made Driver my all time favorite Packer. God bless that man. Thanks to that experience, I am the huge Packer fan I am today. God Bless the Green Bay Packers!!!

My son was a make a wish child in 2005.. I wanted to give back so I volunteer for maw and have for close to 9 years...

I always enjoy these stories and it makes me grin when I know the family had an awesome time.

The packers entire organization does a fantastic job for us as fans and even more so for wish kids.

Thank you for sharing your story

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My fav game would been yancy thigpenend zone drop on xmas eve for our 1st div title in ages..

or Darren Sharper's rookie season vs Det on espn Sunday night game.. Darren returned an int for a td , but that isnt why..

ray nitschke sat right in front of me...he yelled at me for pushing my knees to hard in his back..but we had some good natured joking going on for entire 1st half..

At the half he got up, shook my hand along with others in my group, and then went up to the box seats.

Members online

Latest posts