Farewell Brett

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's been a great ride, but I think, after the end of that game, you've played your last snap for the Packers. We'll all miss you and we'll always love you. I hope you enjoy you retirement. If I could make hotel reservations in Canton for five years from now I would as I won't miss that for the world. You were also a class act to the end. Way to pass the torch to Aaron Rodgers and to say farewell to the fans by running off the field so you could say goodbye.

Anyway, this post is just what I'm feeling right now and doesn't really have much point other than to say thank you.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur. Thanks Brett for all the memories! The SB title will be something I'll remember for the rest of my life. You ran off the field after throwing the TD pass like a little kid playing his first football game and you ended your career with the same enthusiasm. Thank you.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to feel right now. I'm upset that I didn't go to this game (I had the chance, but work would have made it inconvenient, though not impossible), but I just can't help but think of all of the smiles Brett Favre has brought to my face over the last 14 years. Brett, if this was his last game, reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld, always leave them wanting more - maybe that's why I love the guy so much.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's going to come back one more year. He's never said he's defintely or even leaning towards retirement. Whether or not that's good for the Packers, I'm not sure, but he'll be back. He'll have a better supporting cast next year too.

2002 OLY packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he didn't call it a career today he sure missed great exit. It looked like a great day there, a good football game, good performance, Holmgren, very supportive crowd at heaven on earth. I'm at peace. Thanks Brett.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live 10 miles from Canton. The Hall of Fame is in my backyard.If it was it I will show my respects when he is inducted.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories, and a nice season ending win Brett. But I'm hoping you come back to bypass Marino and Elway next year in getting the most total victories by a QB. :)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree w/ 2002 OLY...as rough as this season has been, yesterday was actually a good note to go out on, especially relative to the painful playoff losses of the last few years. It's been a good ride, but I'm all but certain this was the end. Sadly, I think the same is true for William Henderson as well...not so much by choice though, but thanks Brett and William!

Members online

Latest posts