Fantasy Football Predictions/Thoughts

Which round are you targeting Aaron Jones in?

• 2nd Round

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 3rd Round

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 4th Round

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not feeling it.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers threw the ball on 67.5% of the offensive plays last season, the highest number of any NFL team since 2013. It's realistic to expect that number to decrease with LaFleur calling the plays.

Exactly what I'm saying. They will definitely be passing less because last year they passed at a ridiculous rate. Even if it was still McCarthy they'd probably run less because 67.5% is a crazy number but with Lafleur, that number will go even lower. He wants to establish a strong run game early on.

Admit it's all guesswork at the moment, but from what I read of MLFs time with Titans he prefers the passing game, esp the vertical passes with the easy dump off option to RBs. Another point is that one of his objectives is to get AR to stop holding the ball for long and that lines up well with the emphasis on we have shown on TEs. Have no views on whether we'd pass for 67.5% or not, but I certainly see a increase in short passing game to TEs and perhaps to RBs too.

On the other side, he's also known as being a firm favourite of play action pass, so that bodes well for the RBs. Assuming he stays fit full season, I expect this to be AJs first 1000+ yard season.

OP
OP
Bob Vance Refrigeration
Reaction score
Admit it's all guesswork at the moment, but from what I read of MLFs time with Titans he prefers the passing game, esp the vertical passes with the easy dump off option to RBs. Another point is that one of his objectives is to get AR to stop holding the ball for long and that lines up well with the emphasis on we have shown on TEs. Have no views on whether we'd pass for 67.5% or not, but I certainly see a increase in short passing game to TEs and perhaps to RBs too.

On the other side, he's also known as being a firm favourite of play action pass, so that bodes well for the RBs. Assuming he stays fit full season, I expect this to be AJs first 1000+ yard season.

It's definitely guesswork right now but just historically, 67% is an insane number, I believe the Patriots were around 57% and you see how that worked out.

He'll definitely emphasize the play action and RB's in the passing game so that should help Rodgers get the ball out quicker while also having some deep ball opportunities.

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly what I'm saying. They will definitely be passing less because last year they passed at a ridiculous rate. Even if it was still McCarthy they'd probably run less because 67.5% is a crazy number but with Lafleur, that number will go even lower. He wants to establish a strong run game early on.

LaFleur wants to establish a successful offense early on. I expect the Packers to run the ball more often this season but as long as Rodgers is starting behind the center the scheme will predicated on throwing the ball.

Because of that I know some people are already marking him down for getting hurt this year as well but its not the given some people expecting.

I don't know if AJ is a 20-25 touch a game guy or not but I don't know that he isn't. Note I said touches not carries as I don't really care how they get the ball into his hands. I certainly hope he is because the Packers are a better team with him in the backfield and I hope he gets the chance to prove it and not have his touches artificially limited simply because he MIGHT turn into a pumpkin if he goes past midnight.

It would be awesome if Jones could stay healthy all season while receiving 20-25 touches a game but unfortunately I'm not counting on it.

It's definitely guesswork right now but just historically, 67% is an insane number, I believe the Patriots were around 57% and you see how that worked out.

The Patriots ranked 26th in the league throwing the ball on 54.9% of their offensive plays last season.

FWIW the Titans ranked 31st at 51.5%.

OP
OP
Bob Vance Refrigeration
Reaction score
LaFleur wants to establish a successful offense early on. I expect the Packers to run the ball more often this season but as long as Rodgers is starting behind the center the scheme will predicated on throwing the ball.

It would be awesome if Jones could stay healthy all season while receiving 20-25 touches a game but unfortunately I'm not counting on it.

The Patriots ranked 26th in the league throwing the ball on 54.9% of their offensive plays last season.

FWIW the Titans ranked 31st at 51.5%.

With Rodgers at QB, they better be passing the ball. It just doesn't need to be at 67%. Need a little more balance to make it through an entire season, especially in Lambeau.

Members online

Latest posts