Family day

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is going to be stuff for kids to do on family day. Years ago they had a nice setup but lately it hasn't been a whole lot.

Staying at the Tundra Lodge and trying to decide to let the kids swim or go to the stadium?

Any inside scoop here???

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we went last year & i didn't see much for the kiddies. maybe check out the packers website & see if they have some sort of itinerary listed there?!? have fun!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TUNDRA LODGE! NICE PLACE!
I had a few drinks there once. The inside water park would be so inviting on a hot day! You may just want to stay there till closer to "game" time.

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it's nice but we can't lose focus of why we are there!!!! PackerTime not PlayTime!!!

At least for me and my daughter!!!! LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! Thats true.........i don't know WHAT they will have set up for the kids. I think they have a practice set up that you could watch. Plus having lunch in the Atrium would be nice.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stayed at the Tundra when we were in Green Bay,,,the water park is really nice, but the rooms are very small at least for three people. Maybe just a couple would be better...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard any activities especially for children during Family Nite day. The only children activities being held by the Packers that I heard about is held on Saturday July 29 in Lambeau Field parking lot. It is free! It is called Summer Traditions and will be held from 10 am to 5:00 pm

Bring your family on Saturday, July 29 for a fun-filled day of activities and main stage entertainment in the Lambeau Field parking lot.

There is something for everybody at this event everyone at this event, for the young to the young at heart.

You and family can also take in Saturday, July 29th Packer Training Camp session (pads) at 2:00 pm.

Scheduled Events at Summer Traditions are:
Gunny Sack Races
Three Legged Races
Carnival Games
Mini Golf
Monster Mural
Airbrush Tattoos
Petting Zoo

Entertainment:
10:30 - 11 -- Circus Boy Bobby Hunt - Comedic Variety Act
11:15 - 11:45 -- Will Hale - Children's Show
12:00 - 12:30 -- Larry's Amazing Birds - Exotic Bird Show
12:45 - 1:15 -- Circus Boy Bobby Hunt - Comedic Variety Act
1:30 - 2:00 -- Jim Lenz - Magic Show
2:15 - 2:45 -- Will Hale - Children's Show
3:00 - 3:30 -- Larry's Amazing Birds - Exotic Bird Show
3:45 - 4:15 -- Jim Lenz - Magic Show

There is another change with effects children under 12 years old during Packer training Camp this year . They will get a chance to meet Packer players, shake their hands and potentially get a chance to get autographs after training camp practices but not after night practices.

Eight to Ten players will appear following first practice of the day for 20 to 30 minues (either 9am or 2 pm workout). The area will not be open following night practices.

The area for this activity will be located on the south side of the Oneida Gate at Lambeau Field. Access to this area will be limited to children 12 years or younger and no tokens or tickets will be needed . Packer Security Department will monitor this area very closely.

You can find the news release by the Packers on this kids activity which will be held following 9 am or 2 pm Training camp workouts on the Packers official web site. Packers.com.

This new policy takes the place of the Packer autograph table, which was in effect at training camp last year and allows more children to participate .

OP
OP
K

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what kinda bothers me a little is the fact that this is called family night but what is there to do for the kids. After all this is really for the kids...

It was awesome years ago with all the stuff they had indoors for them to do...Hell even I had on the eye black stuff LOL. Although I did find out that I don't have NFL speed in the 40 ....man I'm slow!

Just disappointed that sometimes we have a good thing and in trying to make it better we take a steep back.

We got a suite so hopefully there will be enough room for $200 there better be LOL!!!

I just need all your thoughts and prayers that it doesn't rain in Anderson, IN today or this weekend my daughters All Star team made the state tournament and we can't have it pushed back (my greatest fear at this point)LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Star team....is that softball? I hope it stays dry for you!
I know during the summer they had stuff for the kids to do. But i don't know if they still have that stuff for them. Maybe you can call Lambeau Field and ask someone there. The people there are very helpful.
Touring the Packer Hall of Fame would be nice for the kids too. They have fun stuff the kids can do in there.

Msucks, you need to get to GB someday! It's really something to see! I live 95 miles from Lambeau, and am fortunate to be able to go there a few times every year. I hope to get up to see a practice too. I did go already to one of the mini camps, which was fun. It wasn't so crowded then.

Latest posts