Falcons Fan - Congrats On The Win

Reaction score
Well, now that 48 hours (and plenty of booze) have gone by, I wanted to come on here and tell you guys how impressed I was by the way the Packers totally and utterly destroyed my Falcons on Saturday.

The Pack came to Atlanta and played one hell of a game and earned the win. I knew going into the game that the Packers had a good chance at winning, but honestly I had no idea the Falcons would get blown out like that, let alone give up the way they did in the 2nd half.

That said, regardless of the way Atlanta displayed themselves on the field, Aaron Rodgers had a hell of a game and I'm impressed. I've always liked Rodgers and I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the postseason.

Now, go and take care of the Bears next Sunday and earn yourselves a trip to Dallas!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Great post.

Seriously, very sportsmanlike post. If it makes you feel better, if we had lost, the Falcons would be my pick going forward. At least it's comforting to know that your team is young and your building a strong foundation for a competitive team in the future. We'll take your support against the Bears.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
I feel the Falcons overachieved a bit this year. Objectively, we did win some very close games that honestly should have gone the other way. I know that's the way it is with every team in every season, but I think Atlanta got more than their fair share of luck this season.

The falcons are a good team, not a great team, at this point.

Saturday's game confirmed in my mind that the Falcons coaching philosophy of "playing not lose" will not translate well into the playoffs. We do have a solid foundation, but not enough to take it all the way.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Classy post, thanks for being a good sport even in defeat. I wish all NFL fans could be that way, unfortunately it tends to degrade into taunts and insults without any real dialog between the fans.

Thanks for the support against the Bears. We'll need it going into their place. Bears always play the Packers tough.

Atlanta is a rising team. I expect you guys to be a force for a long time.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aw, boo, falcons!! :Cheeky: jk.

seriously though what a gracious post. really wish there was more of that kind of attitude with sports fans.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Classy post, thanks for being a good sport even in defeat. I wish all NFL fans could be that way, unfortunately it tends to degrade into taunts and insults without any real dialog between the fans.

Thanks for the support against the Bears. We'll need it going into their place. Bears always play the Packers tough.

Atlanta is a rising team. I expect you guys to be a force for a long time.

There's no fun in mindless insults and trolling. I avoid the horrible official Falcons message board because of the overall low IQ level and the large number of trolls, many of whom are Falcons fans.

As I said, Atlanta's got a good, young team, but Green Bay has the better QB and is farther along the process. It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back after the nationally-televised beatdown they received - there are some teams and QB's that take a game like that and let if affect them mentally the following year.

I'm visiting family in Chicago later this week; my brother-in-law is a huge Bears fan so I'll be sure to give him plenty of crap on your behalf.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
aw, boo, falcons!! :Cheeky: jk.

seriously though what a gracious post. really wish there was more of that kind of attitude with sports fans.

When you're a lifelong fan of the Falcons and the Redskins the way I am, you tend to get used to chronic failure & humiliating defeat and can accept it much easier than other fans :kawaii:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
When you're a lifelong fan of the Falcons and the Redskins the way I am, you tend to get used to chronic failure & humiliating defeat and can accept it much easier than other fans :kawaii:
I think more fans connect with you than those that don't. Packers had some real lean years in the '70s and 80's.
But truth, you guys have a good nucleus for a great team. I'll be watching for your guys in next year's playoffs for sure.
I would definitely be rooting for the Birds if we'd have lost.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well hence the cheekiness, i'm a saints fan. i actually lived in atlanta for 4 years growing up. but trust me, i know about failure even though the last few years have been good to us. i've been a saints fan for over 25 years, and know all about the steve walsh and kerry collins/billy joe/danny wuerffel years. lots a fail there.

i'm also a cubs fan. so...

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Try being an Orioles, Capitals, and MD Terps fan. You'll know what failure truly is with those three!!! lol

Haha you're exactly right. I'm from suburban MD and moved to GA right before the Ravens came to town, so I grew up a Skins, Orioles, and Caps fan and know exactly what you mean.

Staff online

Latest posts