F>R's 2021 Mock Draft Thread

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoops. I'm a whole mock behind!

I really don't think resigning King will have much effect on the draft. He still needs to be replaced and this is a great fldragt to do it. It's tough to know what the new DC looks for in a CB. But I like Trill.

I like the first 3 picks and the help at OL would be immediate. The whole mock is very reasonable. Your best yet.

Some of the later picks I'm not familiar with enough. I will check out the Adams fellow at WR.

it seems that every time I look at the draft I find another prospect that I really like. Without a proper year of college football, we are really flying in the dark.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Bahk down, Linsley gone and flux of depth hurt (Wagner/Taylor gone) I'm not so sure we can claim this title as of now. Could we excel again and be as we arguably were in 2020, FOR SURE.

The Mock "Titles" are just sarcasm. But like I said in the thread regarding his re-signing, we made it to the NFCCG twice in a row with him, and it doesn't necessarily take another CB to get us to the SB. We just need one more guy....hell, for all we know that could be a Punter.:roflmao:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Mock "Titles" are just sarcasm. But like I said in the thread regarding his re-signing, we made it to the NFCCG twice in a row with him, and it doesn't necessarily take another CB to get us to the SB. We just need one more guy....hell, for all we know that could be a Punter.:roflmao:

You quoted the wrong line I believe here.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No joke I'd bet my child Adebo in no way makes it that far.

That seems like a risky bet to say the least haha.

End of 4th seems about right for abedo. I can definitely see him going in late 3rd early 4th too. But I for sure don't see anyone taking him in the 2nd. I'd say he's like the 10th ranked cb or so.

Farley, Surtain, Horn first rounders
Newsome, Stokes, Samuel second rounders
Gowan, Robinson, Campbell third rounders
Brown, Thomas, Abedo, Graham 4th rounders

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm expecting 1 possibly 2 major trades to adjust the Draft order, so I've been sitting quietly trying to notice guys trending up or down. The Falcons are already looking to trade down, so I expect that to cause one more team to move up even after they've done the deed. Teddy Bridgewater is also looking for a team as well, and while I don't expect a 1st Round or even 2nd Round Pick for him, I think he could throw off our Day 3 plans.

I won't waste too much time on this one, although my board has slightly shifted. I am now zeroing in on the Packers trading down, it makes too much sense to me based on the holes we have to fill, and Gute needs 2 shots at a couple positions.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eighth Mock: "Wheelin n Dealin" (Updated Draft Order)

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay Receives 39th and 73rd Overall (735 points)
Carolina Receives 29th Overall (640 points) - Trevon Moehrig, S/TCU

Evaluation: It's a little rich on the Packers side of things but let's just say the Panthers offloaded Bridgewater during the Draft for several Day 3 Picks....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

39th Overall: Jalen Mayfield, OT/Michigan: I truly think Mayfield is a 1st Round talent, he just comes after some really great guys. 10 spots down to still get him AND get another impact maker as well in the 2nd Round? One can only hope.

62nd Overall: Jabril Cox, LB/LSU: I think Gute is targeting a premium LB, but he won't kill his board to do so. If Cox wasn't here I would be totally fine going elsewhere. But he instantly becomes the best LB on the team, Like Barnes and Martin but the defense deserves something a little better.

73rd Overall: Milton Williams, DL/Louisiana Tech: Milton is slowly becoming my favorite DL in the Draft. Inside power with outside athleticism? Kenny Clark will love the addition.

92nd Overall: Ambry Thomas, CB/Michigan: I have been looking at Thomas and I think he could have easily been a 2nd Rounder, possibly snuck into the 1st. But thanks to covid he's right inside the Top 100. This is the kind of break the Packers need. I don't know if he can line up inside....probably outside only, but I don't see why he couldn't do nickel in a pinch due to injury. Thomas is a plus tackler. Oh yea, he returns kicks!!!!

135th Overall: Trill Williams, CB/Syracuse: Possible? Absolutely. CB back-to-back in the later rounds because since we are returning the entire secondary it seems, there's not a lot of pressure to draft guys high. I think Williams plays slot if Ambry is outside only. King could be sent packing or traded before the deadline if both prove capable.

142nd Overall: Johnathan Adams Jr., WR/Arkansas State: This guys looks like a future Pro Bowler, I know the level of competition is in question but he dominated down there and I think this is a great future #2.

173rd Overall: Johnathan Marshall, DL/Arkansas: I can't walk away from the two Johnathans from the state of Arkansas. I love his motor, and he doesn't even have to play right away, but I hope he does....he's better than Lancaster to me.

178th Overall: Whop Philyor, WR/Indiana: I can't really find but a handful of Day 3 WRs that I like, this class is really skim after the cream of the crop are taken. I can't see Gute taking a WR who's 5'9ish for the slot(I know you guys love them). But Philyor at 5'11 could do well in that role. He's got burst, he's shifty, and he can break through tackles. Three games of double-digit catches, he can move the chains when needed.

214th Overall: Joshuah Bledsoe, S/Missouri: With Thomas and Williams I have Bledsoe plugged in at Safety. With Redmond back in the fold I don't know if Gute looks for a Safety in the Draft until late, and I expect Joshuah to be the best on the board at the position after the Top 175 players have gone. I'm not sold on Brady with a 3 safety look being added to the defense, but should he do so there has to be a better caliber of player added on the back end.

220th Overall: Ryan McCollum, C/Texas A&M: I can't bear to see Elgton Jenkins "wasted" at Center. I gotta expect Gute to take a stab somewhere for a guy that can develop. McCollum has 31 starts to his name out of 42 games played and while he's not a plus athlete or the most powerful, he is sufficient to say the least. 7th Round for a guy who could turn into a solid starter? Worth a shot.

256th Overall: Josh Ball, OT/Marshall: A cinderella story out of the Draft, I'm intrigued by Ball to say the least. Hopefully character issues are no longer a concern. I don't know if he'll be here this late, but if he his, he could be a definite steal who turns into a solid starter or depth piece down the line.

Members online

No members online now.