F>R's 2021 Mock Draft Thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TDN is nice with membership trading becomes possible. However will be honest the inclusion of like 4 years worth someone could trade insanely and make it unrealistic. Most, I'd say 80% of trades follow realistic point value.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ****** me off about FanSpeak is that after the 4th Round they literally default to BPA. So players who SHOULD be gone to a certain team are not. So a team with a solid backup QB will take one in the 5th instead of picking up the OLB they should be going for.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might make the switch next week. But what I don't like about TDN is they don't get the full crop of players. They only scout who they want to. I often have to make my own board between TDN, FS, and WF.

PFF and PFN I'm still figuring out. PFF is way too robotic, but somehow makes sense.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL sorry deleted comment, meant to not put it on your thread but the overall sticky in draft...so others see your comment and it make sense:

Baron Browning is showing out right now with a defense which is grossly overmatched by Bama

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Master Teague, Sermon out this is his chance to show why he was once the lead back. Sermon injury could stall any climb further he had happening.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why I felt like Dillon was such a bone headed move to me. SOMEBODY would have emerged as an adequate RB in 2021. Hell, pick up the "worst" Alabama RB who declares and roll the dice.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to sit on this mock for awhile....TDN can suck a fat one. Although I somewhat loathe PFF, we're really close on values right now.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5th Mock: NFC Championship Game Overreaction

29th Overall: Alijah Vera-Tucker - OT/USC: This guys is THE swing tackle of the Draft. He can be the next Mr. Everything like Jenkins is for the right side of the line.

61st Overall: Marvin Wilson - DL/Florida State: Wilson keeps hovering in the at Day 2 range, and I still am in love with his length. The DL really misses Keke when he's not in the lineup, and Lowry is just a guy out there at times. Kenny needs some real consistent help to shore up this defensive line.

92nd Overall: Baron Browning - LB/Ohio State: Browning worked his *** off and to fly up from a late Day 3 - Priority UDFA to square in the sights of teams on Day 2. While I like what Martin and Barnes have shown in one year there's still a need for a top flight enforcer in the middle.

130th Overall: Kary Vincent Jr. - CB/LSU: This might seem a little late to take a CB, but this position group is deep with quality guys. Vincent has the speed and hips to hang with the premier athletic WRs in the league.

140th Overall: Alec Lindstrom - G/Boston College: Not as talented as his older brother but I have similar amounts of confidence in him. Plays both Guard and Center, with the possible departure of Corey Linsley, I like him as a potential starter out there in 2021.

170th Overall: Daelin Hayes - DL/Notre Dame: In a shallow DL class, I like Hayes as a potential utility player on the DL, we just need to get him in the weight room for a year so he can fill in a bit and hopefully a new defensive scheme will allow him to flourish in a year or two.

179th Overall: Marco Wilson - CB/Florida: I like the feisty Wilson has a possible Nickel CB who can also play on the outside. Needs more mentorship/coaching to play with a cool head but I don't mind a guy who's a little jabby as long as he's playing hard out there.

180th Overall: Josh Jobe - CB/Alabama: Three CBs, all who played big time snaps in the SEC, coincidence? Not at all, here's to you Ted....but Jobe is a CB in his own right, plays hard and contributes on Special Teams too, he could pay off big in a variety of ways.

209th Overall: Damonte Coxie - WR/Memphis: With no Combine and no Senior Bowl, I think Coxie could be a steal late on Day 3. The question is can he hang with the big time defenders in the NFL? He'll either bust out in 2 years or he'll be a Pro Bowler in 3.

222nd Overall: Tyler Vrabel - OT/Boston College: Son of a former Super Bowl winning player and coach, let's just say I'd like to tap in to the namesake and see what happens. He did look pretty good for BC. AJ Dillon would agree as well.

251st Overall: Tedarrell Slaton - DL/Florida: Slaton is a large human being but he carries his weight so well. I like him as the new, younger "Snacks" who just eats up blocks.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why a thread about the draft? Gute's 2020 picks just made the difference to get the Packers over the hump into the Super Bowl. You know Gute will absolutely nail it!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why a thread about the draft? Gute's 2020 picks just made the difference to get the Packers over the hump into the Super Bowl. You know Gute will absolutely nail it!
Well Jaire gave us a chance and he was picked when everyone was still lamenting picking another Defensive back so there’s that.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Jaire gave us a chance and he was picked when everyone was still lamenting picking another Defensive back so there’s that.
Alexander isn't a rookie. It takes a special kind of stupid not to win with AR as your qb. Gute's 2020 draft fits that special kind of stupid along with Pettine's man to man defense at the end of the half and Lafleur's dumb as a brick decision to kick a fg with only 2 minutes left. Completely unforgivable was the decision not to bench King in this game. What does it take to get benched? According to Lafleur, knocking your team out of the Super Bowl still won't get you a trip to the pines.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was definitely not in that number. I was mostly mocking Denzel Ward, but we clearly got the better guy in Alexander. But I often wonder had Gute had the chance to select Ward would he or would he still have gotten Alexander, that's the real discussion.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander isn't a rookie. It takes a special kind of stupid not to win with AR as your qb. Gute's 2020 draft fits that special kind of stupid along with Pettine's man to man defense at the end of the half and Lafleur's dumb as a brick decision to kick a fg with only 2 minutes left. Completely unforgivable was the decision not to bench King in this game. What does it take to get benched? According to Lafleur, knocking your team out of the Super Bowl still won't get you a trip to the pines.
it takes an even more special kind of stupid to not see that draft classes aren't picked for now, but for the future. All you do is ***** about drafts, every post, every shoutbox every everything. every play, ***** about a draft.

People were *****ing about another DB when Alexander was picked. I'd bet you were one of them. Probably hated it, because you think the draft is about right now and not for 2-3 years when mentally and physically they'll actually be good.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it takes an even more special kind of stupid to not see that draft classes aren't picked for now, but for the future. All you do is ***** about drafts, every post, every shoutbox every everything. every play, ***** about a draft.

People were *****ing about another DB when Alexander was picked. I'd bet you were one of them. Probably hated it, because you think the draft is about right now and not for 2-3 years when mentally and physically they'll actually be good.

A-freaking-MEN

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Draft classes are as much about right now as they are the future. When teams draft a QB in the 1st Round, they normally need a QB "right now". It used to be in the NFL that you drafted a QB and they sat for a couple years, but the majority of the league 1st Round QBs are the guy immediately. Only Rodgers and most recently Love are the prominent examples of letting a QB carry a clipboard for a bit before they take the starter's role.

When the Packers drafted Jaire and later Josh Jackson, we needed CBs right then and there. When we drafted Gary, we needed an additional pass-rusher (albeit I was expecting full time on the DL) right then. Kenny Clark a couple years earlier was definitely a right now need.

So I don't get where people think the Draft is only about the future. You need an impact player right then and there, who you're hoping will mature into an All-Pro and foundation of your team for the next 7-10 years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Draft classes are as much about right now as they are the future. When teams draft a QB in the 1st Round, they normally need a QB "right now". It used to be in the NFL that you drafted a QB and they sat for a couple years, but the majority of the league 1st Round QBs are the guy immediately. Only Rodgers and most recently Love are the prominent examples of letting a QB carry a clipboard for a bit before they take the starter's role.

When the Packers drafted Jaire and later Josh Jackson, we needed CBs right then and there. When we drafted Gary, we needed an additional pass-rusher (albeit I was expecting full time on the DL) right then. Kenny Clark a couple years earlier was definitely a right now need.

So I don't get where people think the Draft is only about the future. You need an impact player right then and there, who you're hoping will mature into an All-Pro and foundation of your team for the next 7-10 years.

Negative. Mahomes, the God man himself is an example. Josh Allen wasn't necessarily the front end plan for his rookie year, Lamar starts just 7 games his rookie year...it is not such a foreign concept as some claim, it also however is still less often for sure compared to the other style.

I'd also disagree with Gary, Smiths were signed no? Fackrell coming off a double digit campaign....

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may not have started Day 1 but by the end of the season they were the starters. What I was referring to is 1st Round QBs aren't sitting for years anymore.

Right, the Smiths were signed but again when they called Gary's name I wasn't bummed that he was drafted, I was bummed when they called him an OLB; because what's consistently missing on this team is a pass rush. We can barely do anything rushing 3, we have to normally send 5 guys to get any significant push.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes started one game his rookie year, and I could be wrong it was due to injury I believe.

I hear ya, and don't necessarily disagree with the need - but Gary was 100% future motivated.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not going to debate our draft from last year again. The point being this same poster *****es about the draft every damn time something doesn't go our way. he hated the Alexander pick too, I know he did. I would bet 1000 dollars right now he didn't like him because it's the MO. Gute's first pick, giving us a chance to win in a big way and he's here *****ing about Gute and drafting.

Newsflash, none of them get them all right, the best might bat .500 on draft day, sometimes.

anyway, go poll 32 NFL GM's, i bet they all say the draft is about the future more than the present. No **** some body else could have had more impact this year than a QB that wasn't active. Thanks for the insight.

and I know we needed DB's when we took Alexander. Yet some still think we spent too many picks on defense. When you don't have the players, what do you do? Ignore it?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
WAIT!! You come to the draft section of the forum to complain about people talking about the draft? Now that is a special kind of stupid.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WAIT!! You come to the draft section of the forum to complain about people talking about the draft? Now that is a special kind of stupid.
A special kind of stupid is starting a draft section hours after another colossal choke. It makes sense to analyze the problems with the team and talk about ways to fix them like finding a replacement for King and Pettine, before moving on to the draft where Gute will probably grab a punter in the first round.Why hurry to the draft so quickly? Not like February, March and April aren't dominated by draft talk.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A special kind of stupid is starting a draft section hours after another colossal choke.
As opposed to going into every active thread posting the same tired complaints? This thread was started back around Thanksgiving. Clearing the decks and looking to the future is how some others handle the disappointment.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A special kind of stupid is starting a draft section hours after another colossal choke. It makes sense to analyze the problems with the team and talk about ways to fix them like finding a replacement for King and Pettine, before moving on to the draft where Gute will probably grab a punter in the first round.Why hurry to the draft so quickly? Not like February, March and April aren't dominated by draft talk.

You do understand that there is an entire department of the Packers' Front Office dedicated to the Draft year-round right?:coffee:

Staff online

Latest posts